Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Colby Bustlow? What the heck happened?

1728938177438.png

Reactions: WolfgangPuck

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Bekkett Sennecke (3rd overall pick) got off to a real slow start with Oshawa as well. 0 Points through his first 3 games but he had a goal and an assist today. Barlow with 1 shot on goal and -3 for the game. 0 points through 5 games.

What the hell is the matter with this guy! Some personal problems? Nagging injury? He is in his draft plus 2 season and he should be feasting in the OHL - generally the easiest junior league in Canada to boost one stats.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Bekkett Sennecke (3rd overall pick) got off to a real slow start with Oshawa as well. 0 Points through his first 3 games but he had a goal and an assist today. Barlow with 1 shot on goal and -3 for the game. 0 points through 5 games.

What the hell is the matter with this guy! Some personal problems? Nagging injury? He is in his draft plus 2 season and he should be feasting in the OHL - generally the easiest junior league in Canada to boost one stats.

Probably sulking.

I don’t think Team Canada is remotely in the picture now. Not that it ever really was.

Funny how quickly things can change in one year. This time last year we were talking about our two natural leaders and future captains - McGroarty and Barlow.

Bender Duster

Sep 16, 2024
Winnipeg
It could be nagging injuries or change of scenery or some other issue he has going on…but sometimes you have to wonder if the early numbers he put up were helped by the fact he was 4-5 years ahead of his age group maturity wise and now everyone else has both caught up and figured his game out?

Reactions: hn777 and Flair Hay

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
It could be nagging injuries or change of scenery or some other issue he has going on…but sometimes you have to wonder if the early numbers he put up were helped by the fact he was 4-5 years ahead of his age group maturity wise and now everyone else has both caught up and figured his game out?
I think its the change if scenery and lack of growth potential of going back to junior again.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Barlow's bailing on Owen Sound, his start with Oshawa and his poor skating make him look terrible thus far. Thank God we have later round picks like He miles ahead of where we thought they were.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I'm not expecting much from Barlow at this point, doesn't seem to be progressing at all as a prospect. If he does actually make the NHL then I can just be pleasantly surprised when that time comes.

This is probably the roughest start to a D+2 season from a Jets 1st round pick. Even Vesalainen was doing well in the KHL at the same stage and Stanley made some big strides.

Still only 5 games, lots of time left in the season so hopefully he can turn it around.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This is probably the roughest start to a D+2 season from a Jets 1st round pick. Even Vesalainen was doing well in the KHL at the same stage and Stanley made some big strides.

Still only 5 games, lots of time left in the season so hopefully he can turn it around.
He clearly spent too much time bonding with McGrotty at dev camp, realizes now the horrible mistake he made in signing an ELC here in this podunk, and is now "working to rule" so the Jets get fed up with him and trade him to a more desirable market.

Hey, it's a possibility. Stranger things, as they say... :nod:

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Will preface by saying I don't think either was a reach and was good with the picks at the time.

I do find it at least a little funny that the 2 picks they made for the big time intangibles guys are looking like duds and meanwhile the huge question mark Brad Lambert is the crown of the prospect group.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Will preface by saying I don't think either was a reach and was good with the picks at the time.

I do find it at least a little funny that the 2 picks they made for the big time intangibles guys are looking like duds and meanwhile the huge question mark Brad Lambert is the crown of the prospect group.

I think you always go for pure upside in the first round.

Barlow may have trouble adjusting to the new team, but he's still recording a ton of shots on net, so it's not like he's not getting his chances.

He'll start to put the puck in the net at some point. It's the rest of his game he's really got to work on this year.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad