Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Anyone have a prediction of lines they will use?
Would like to see Barlow-Lambert-Yager as a top line.

Lucius and Chibrikov on the 2nd.

Julien and Levis on the same line. Maybe with Walton

Nikkanen with Loponen.

That's as far as I'll predict.

Reactions: Buffdog

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Chibrikov Lambert Lucius - Moose Young Guns
Barlow Yager Levis - CHL Young Guns
Torgersson Zhilkin King - AHL Depth
Nikkanen Julien Walton - Heavies
I’d have Kevin He with Yager and Barlow.

Julien up with Zhilkin and King

Walton/Nikkanen at centre with Levis and Torgersson

Reactions: mattommy98

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I’d have Kevin He with Yager and Barlow.

Julien up with Zhilkin and King

Walton/Nikkanen at centre with Levis and Torgersson
I think Lambert and Chibrikov might only play one game this year. Lucius probably plays at C in his game(s).

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I hope the no-name guys don’t take too many games away from the players we really want to see.
I really don't see the logic of playing the guys way way down the depth chart over the top handful of prospects. The young stars tourny gives your top prospects a running start going into the main camp. Why take the wind out of their sails flying them to Penticton to watch lower level players play? For me you play your top 9 forward prospects and your top 4 D prospects every game and you split your goalie duties 2 to 1 leaning to the goalie higher on the depth chart.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I really don't see the logic of playing the guys way way down the depth chart over the top handful of prospects. The young stars tourny gives your top prospects a running start going into the main camp. Why take the wind out of their sails flying them to Penticton to watch lower level players play? For me you play your top 9 forward prospects and your top 4 D prospects every game and you split your goalie duties 2 to 1 leaning to the goalie higher on the depth chart.
I think it's more that Lambert and Chibrikov are further along in their development after a full AHL season. Presumably they've been working hard in the summer to get ready for camp. The Jets probably don't want them overused or injured in the tourney and don't need to evaluate them. It's more valuable for the CHL prospects like Barlow, He, Julien, Walton, etc.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think it's more that Lambert and Chibrikov are further along in their development after a full AHL season. Presumably they've been working hard in the summer to get ready for camp. The Jets probably don't want them overused or injured in the tourney and don't need to evaluate them. It's more valuable for the CHL prospects like Barlow, He, Julien, Walton, etc.
Then why not just leave the top D+3 prospects at home? Why make them travel and sit around watching hockey games, when they can be fine tuning for camp?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Then why not just leave the top D+3 prospects at home? Why make them travel and sit around watching hockey games, when they can be fine tuning for camp?
They need to ice a lineup and there's a bit of PR value for the event.

Of course I could be wrong about deployment of the top prospects, and I personally hope they play a lot.

Reactions: RabidOne

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Part of it is leadership and culture. The org I'm sure likes for the brand new guys to have someone to "look up to" so to speak

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It would be great to see Walton continue to improve his offense. He has near identical draft year numbers as Lowry, and already has the size.

Anyone that's familiar with him, does he have the potential to play with Lowry's edge and physicality, or is that not his game?

Reactions: Buffdog

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
It would be great to see Walton continue to improve his offense. He has near identical draft year numbers as Lowry, and already has the size.

Anyone that's familiar with him, does he have the potential to play with Lowry's edge and physicality, or is that not his game?
I don’t think he quite has Lowry’s edge or physicality especially on the defensive side of things. He definitely has better pure puck skills than Lowry though.

He was streaky last year with close to half of his points coming in a hot stretch of 17 games. With added responsibility and a bigger offensive role this season, he should develop better consistency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad