Prospect Info: Jets Prospects at the '22 World Junior Hockey Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
They've given the second assist to Demidov on Michkov's first, but it was clearly Chibrikov. But then by IIHF standards there probably shouldn't have been a secondary assist on that goal at all.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
5th in scoring on his team?
Yikes.
I didn’t see anything in his game tonight that stood out.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Perfetti looks really comfortable this year at this level which isn’t surprising. Not sold on Canada’s D core yet but time will tell how this team comes together.

Yeah it will be interesting if a group of all left handed dmen can come together and defend and move the puck at the level required to win this tournament.

Cole should have a real strong tournament given the level he is playing at.

I liked Chibrikov's game a lot. Play driving winger with some good edges and vision and passing. He is my favorite pick of the 2021 draft and he reaffirmed it to me.

Chaz with a quieter game but still made a strong play and follow up on one of the American's goals. He definitely is a bit of a different forward then we usually draft in that he is bigger and more plodding and will likely rely on more size and strength then finesse and skill.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They will need to use every trick necessary to keep this variant and bay and I don’t think they pull it off. Hate to sound like Debbie downer but its so freakin infectious.

Can't hit 'like' button for this post. But yeah. :(

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah it will be interesting if a group of all left handed dmen can come together and defend and move the puck at the level required to win this tournament.

Cole should have a real strong tournament given the level he is playing at.

I liked Chibrikov's game a lot. Play driving winger with some good edges and vision and passing. He is my favorite pick of the 2021 draft and he reaffirmed it to me.

Chaz with a quieter game but still made a strong play and follow up on one of the American's goals. He definitely is a bit of a different forward then we usually draft in that he is bigger and more plodding and will likely rely on more size and strength then finesse and skill.

I agree

I look at Chaz as a kid who will take longer to develop. I saw some things I liked and also some obvious deficiencies. I assume Max was a big reason he was picked and Max has earned the benefit of the doubt with me.

Lots to like with Chibrikov and he comes as advertised in his highlight package. Although he is listed at 5’10” 170 he looks thick and solid on his skates. Nice edge work and puck skills to make him a driver of play and possession. He made things happen last night and even though he wasn’t rewarded the points will come.

Cole isn’t far off the NHL Playing with professional men has helped his game. He moves better than last year but mostly the game has slowed down for him. My only lingering thought is will he be developed as a centre by our organization eventually? His hockey IQ is special and I love watching him read and react. He doesn’t need any time or space to make wow plays.

Chaz will take time to develop but he’s smart and can shoot. I want to observe more games to see more. Hopefully he gets more ice time.

Thomson, McTavish, Michkov, and Sanderson were four kids that had good nights and looked pretty dominant at this level.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I agree

I look at Chaz as a kid who will take longer to develop. I saw some things I liked and also some obvious deficiencies. I assume Max was a big reason he was picked and Max has earned the benefit of the doubt with me.

Lots to like with Chibrikov and he comes as advertised in his highlight package. Although he is listed at 5’10” 170 he looks thick and solid on his skates. Nice edge work and puck skills to make him a driver of play and possession. He made things happen last night and even though he wasn’t rewarded the points will come.

Cole isn’t far off the NHL Playing with professional men has helped his game. He moves better than last year but mostly the game has slowed down for him. My only lingering thought is will he be developed as a centre by our organization eventually? His hockey IQ is special and I love watching him read and react. He doesn’t need any time or space to make wow plays.

Chaz will take time to develop but he’s smart and can shoot. I want to observe more games to see more. Hopefully he gets more ice time.

Thomson, McTavish, Michkov, and Sanderson were four kids that had good nights and looked pretty dominant at this level.

I'm not sure what the long term plan is for Cole. He played a lot like a center last night even if he didn't line up as one. I suspect we see the same on the Jets atleast in the ozone. I think him at center is tied to the long range projections on Scheifele. I personally would be looking to convert Mark to a winger in the next couple of years if Cole can take over his center responsibilities.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm not sure what the long term plan is for Cole. He played a lot like a center last night even if he didn't line up as one. I suspect we see the same on the Jets atleast in the ozone. I think him at center is tied to the long range projections on Scheifele. I personally would be looking to convert Mark to a winger in the next couple of years if Cole can take over his center responsibilities.

It will be interesting to see it all play out. Lots of balls in the air. Hopefully the leaders respond to the coaching change and the Jets make some noise. Our best teams in the past have worked really hard as a group together and that starts at the top.

Here’s to 2022 the “show me” year.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

Torgersson with a goal yesterday as well. Believe he is #29 at the 1:15 mark in this clip.

He looks big. Hopefully he can develop into a middle six winger. The Jets could use a skilled big man around the net.

Reactions: hn777

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

"Hey Baby". Hmm. Well, there's a nice, nondescript song title that you could slap a yellow and black label on and sell at Superstore if they had a music section. Of course, Google turned up a bunch of choices but I'll take a guess that it's this one, just cause it sounds like the sort of auto-tuned crap blasted at a million decibels that I had to endure watching the warmup skates at Jets games. Am I right?

Personally, I would have gone with this one by The Nuge, but I'm old and irrelevant.

Obligatory :wally:

None

Feb 22, 2012
"Hey Baby". Hmm. Well, there's a nice, nondescript song title that you could slap a yellow and black label on and sell at Superstore if they had a music section. Of course, Google turned up a bunch of choices but I'll take a guess that it's this one, just cause it sounds like the sort of auto-tuned crap blasted at a million decibels that I had to endure watching the warmup skates at Jets games. Am I right?

Personally, I would have gone with this one by The Nuge, but I'm old and irrelevant.

Obligatory :wally:

This one actually

Apparently it was submitted as a joke and they won gold with it so it's stuck now :laugh:

Edit: Found the gold medal game, you can hear the crowd singing it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aer73tQatWM&t=6543s

Last edited:
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
ah. Never mind.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 7.46.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 7.46.50 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
This one actually

Apparently it was submitted as a joke and they won gold with it so it's stuck now :laugh:

Is this for real? This is a very, very well known party song in Germany and was a super hit like 20ish years ago. How did I not know that from last year? As a german, is it that weird that I actually just took a screenshot for a friend group to blow their minds. The song is pure trash :laugh:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Is this for real? This is a very, very well known party song in Germany and was a super hit like 20ish years ago. How did I not know that from last year? As a german, is it that weird that I actually just took a screenshot for a friend group to blow their minds. The song is pure trash :laugh:

The Jets gameday playlist includes Pump It Up by Danzel for more Euro-Electronic/dance music nostalgia :laugh:

Reactions: hn777

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This one actually

Really. I listened to that one and thought, nope. No way anyone would pick that for a goal song. :laugh:

Reactions: None

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Beyak doing play-by-play for the Russia-Sweden game with Craig Button (no Sawyer!) doing colour.

Jets should talk Button into going between the benches, program him with Jet'ese and maybe let Sawyer talk about how much he'd love to see a fight at intermission if there wasn't one already. Button's more tolerable than Sawyer starting with his ability to complete full sentences. :)

None

Feb 22, 2012
Beyak doing play-by-play for the Russia-Sweden game with Craig Button (no Sawyer!) doing colour.

Jets should talk Button into going between the benches, program him with Jet'ese and maybe let Sawyer talk about how much he'd love to see a fight at intermission if there wasn't one already.

He's probably too critical to be a ~30 games a year guy :laugh:

Reactions: ryerockarola

None

Feb 22, 2012
Viewing/camera angle in Red Deer kind of sucks but I didn't think either Jets prospect stood out in the 1st period of the Russia-Sweden game. The low angle makes it difficult to tell when changes are made.

Russia looks way more engaged in this game than they did in the pretournament game though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad