Prospect Info: Jets Prospects at the '22 World Junior Hockey Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
What you have to like about Perfetti is the skills he has are God given...he can improve and work on his skating..kind of like harkins.

When it all gets put together..holy smokes.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just turned into Russia Swiss and it Swiss look like they are on a PK at 5v5.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
He looks good especially for his D+1 season. I believe he still qualifies for next years tourney if the but off is January 1st.
I've been surprised by his defensive awareness a few times, and now he's on the penalty kill.

Reactions: ps241 and SM

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
For me it's less a question of durability and more a question of whether their skating might hold them back from hitting a higher peak, particularly offensively.

Ehlers scores off his skating. Wheeler used to. Connor, not so much, though his speed helps. I don't think it is a big part of Scheifele's game, nor Ovi's either. Heinola's and Perfetti's scoring will come from positioning and passing.

That won't work if they are dead slow - but they are not.

I was worried about Perfetti's skating after last year's WJC. I'm not anymore. This is a best on best Tournament for his age group and his speed is at least average. I haven't seen enough of Heinola to have a firm opinion, but I never saw any reason to be concerned about his skating.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I went back and watched and while Power was great offensively he also committed a fair amount of defensive miscues. Hoe he played the two on one that lead to a goal against was peewee level bad. He also was out muscled for pucks and was turned inside out a few times.

I think he's going to be damn good but he has some areas to work on and I think his goals took some focus off the other rough areas of his game.
Pretty much my thoughts. He’s very bad in his own zone, but most players are at this age/level.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd like to see Slovakia's players with Sweden's coaching.

So many PP opportunities, no tactics at all, just the two likely NHLers on the roster passing it back and forth at the top of the circles.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Bedard has been pretty bad in the Dub this year, especially defensively (Draisaitl bad) but he looked good against the Czechs and he’s only 16. He’s a MUCH better prospect than Wright. By the time Bedard is McDavid’s age he’ll be the best player in the league.

He got off to a really rough start. There most have been tremendous pressure on him to try to carry a real bad team as a 16 year old.

It seems his game had come around and he was playing really well in the lead up to camp.

Last edited:

MosTLucky

May 25, 2016
I think it really says something that Cameron trusts putting the two youngest guys on the team with Perfetti. He's a very responsible player that allows his teammates to play their game, and has that innate ability to elevate the game of other players. Good first game, but I honestly think Perfetti will be even better in games to come. Seems to elevate his game when he needs to

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Don't want to put too much pressure on Perfetti but he could be a very good player for us very soon , what a elite passer .

And now I genuinely wonder if that door got kicked wide open with Lowry taking over as HC. It is great for players to develop in the AHL but at some point it is the law of diminishing returns, and perhaps Lowry has a different view than Maurice on when that crosses over to be detrimental to player development to hold them in the minors. This is why I am so relieved to see Gus up because in my view that guy is more than ready to take on the NHL learning curve. But what do I know lol

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thinking strictly of Perfetti being ready for the NHL is interesting. I guess I still look at it as what path is best for his development and the org.

I kind of like the path Cole is on now. Let him finish at the world juniors, finish out the season and the playoffs in the AHL, have one more full off season to get his body ready. Then it’s on to the NHL next season on the first year of his ELC. We will have had some roster curn by then and there will be room.

On the flip side if the AHL is suspended until
The end of January (as an example) they have to get this figured out. With the injuries there might be a window for Cole in the NHL to eat up the remainder of his eligible games (I think it’s 6 more).

Personally I am not in a rush for Cole this season. He looks great so far in the world juniors but that style of play is not even remotely close to what is happening in the NHL.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Thinking strictly of Perfetti being ready for the NHL is interesting. I guess I still look at it as what path is best for his development and the org.

I kind of like the path Cole is on now. Let him finish at the world juniors, finish out the season and the playoffs in the AHL, have one more full off season to get his body ready. Then it’s on to the NHL next season on the first year of his ELC. We will have had some roster curn by then and there will be room.

On the flip side if the AHL is suspended until
The end of January (as an example) they have to get this figured out. With the injuries there might be a window for Cole in the NHL to eat up the remainder of his eligible games (I think it’s 6 more).

Personally I am not in a rush for Cole this season. He looks great so far in the world juniors but that style of play is not even remotely close to what is happening in the NHL.

Great thoughts here, but I would like to see what Perfetti can do in the NHL. Of course I may be wrong, but his smarts may allow him to level up successfully.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Great thoughts here, but I would like to see what Perfetti can do in the NHL. Of course I may be wrong, but his smarts may allow him to level up successfully.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cole level up.

I mentioned this before in a much older thread around the time of his draft but hockey IQ fascinates me. The smartest Jets player I have seen in the 2.0 era is Kyle Wellwood. Kyle was 5’10” 180 pounds with about 30% body fat, slow skater, with next to zero give a shit factor but the guy was a brilliant player. Current smartest player for me is Stats. Paul reads the game so well and it’s no surprise he fits in on any line.

Dale Hawerchuk will always be the gold standard of hockey brilliance. He was a genius on the Ice and that’s one of the reasons they are building a statue of him.

Perfetti is not Dale but he has one of the best Hockey IQ’s I have ever seen in a Junior. I am going to enjoy watching him as a Jet. He was the prospect I was begging would fall to us at #10 despite his skating and I wouldn’t change anything. Hopefully he masters the Centre position but either way he is a very important piece in our future.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
He got off to a really rough start. There most have been tremendous pressure on him to try to carry a real bad team as a 16 year old.

It seems his game had come around and he was playing really well in the lead up to camp.
There is no pressure on him to carry the team.

None

Feb 22, 2012

USA /Swiss game postponed

Team USA forfeits unfortunately. They were discussing it on the broadcast yesterday, if your team has infections that cause the delay of a game it's just a forfeit. There's no time to reschedule before the medal round.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Team USA forfeits unfortunately. They were discussing it on the broadcast yesterday, if your team has infections that cause the delay of a game it's just a forfeit. There's no time to reschedule before the medal round.

How many forfeitures will it take to invalidate any result of this tournament, I wonder? Will the gold medal go to the last team standing?

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB

How many forfeitures will it take to invalidate any result of this tournament, I wonder? Will the gold medal go to the last team standing?

I was wondering how this would effect the US game against the Swedes tomorrow

None

Feb 22, 2012

Good question, I don't know if there's an answer :laugh:

If I were making the decisions I'd probably say the tournament likely gets cancelled before the medals are decided by forfeit.

I was wondering how this would effect the US game against the Swedes tomorrow

Bob McKenzie is saying they're trying to go ahead with that game but it sounds like the 2 Americans are Team USA's goaltenders. I think they're required to dress 2 goaltenders otherwise they don't have a complete roster. They might literally have to dress a skater in goaltender gear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad