Proposal: Jets - NYR

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What exactly makes you think that it's a good idea for the Jets? We get older, add a ton of cap and lose two of our better young guns?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Girardi + McD for Trouba + Connor + Petan

Aside from the actual pieces of the trade being terrible, WPG is a budget team and much like Anaheim, has stated numerous times they have an internal budget

Adding $10 mil in cap with Girardi and McD is not something they are interested in

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Girardi + McD for Trouba + Connor + Petan

Heck no! We are not gutting our young core to take an awful player off the Ranger's hand in Girardi. I like McD but am not interested in trading what it would take to get him. I'm quite happy keeping our talent and playing Trouba on the left side.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Quite possibly one of the worst Jet proposals I've seen in a while. Any benefit we'd get from McDonagh would be negated by Girardi the worst defenseman in the league. We already have Mark Stuart and Brian Strait under contract, are you trying to complete some kind of trifecta of suck? Not to mention giving up Trouba, Connor and Petan. Yikes. This threads going to get ripped to pieces until a mod locks it.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
I sure hope the original poster got his account hacked because no sane Jets fan would come up with this rubbish...

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Quite possibly one of the worst Jet proposals I've seen in a while. Any benefit we'd get from McDonagh would be negated by Girardi the worst defenseman in the league. We already have Mark Stuart and Brian Strait under contract, are you trying to complete some kind of trifecta of suck? Not to mention giving up Trouba, Connor and Petan. Yikes. This threads going to get ripped to pieces until a mod locks it.

Girardi will help Stuart and Strait suck so bad that other teams will be confused and will be distracted by the mass suckage and Winnipeg will win.

It's kinda like when the power rangers had to change megazords like 50 times to beat Cyclopsis.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Girardi will help Stuart and Strait suck so bad that other teams will be confused and will be distracted by the mass suckage and Winnipeg will win.

It's kinda like when the power rangers had to change megazords like 50 times to beat Cyclopsis.

I would rather listen to Dennis Beyak call out John-Michael Liles 100 times a game than be stuck seeing any 3 of those defensemen in a Jets uniform next year.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
HF on a roll with potential jet trades in the last few days, need to bookmark this one to tell my grandchildren one day about.......

bigbuff33

Jun 13, 2014
The difference between trouba and McDonagh is not connor and petan plus taking Girardi's contract

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Aside from the actual pieces of the trade being terrible, WPG is a budget team and much like Anaheim, has stated numerous times they have an internal budget

Adding $10 mil in cap with Girardi and McD is not something they are interested in

Just not true. Widely held misperception. The Jets have always said that they will spend to the cap when they have the players that justify that level of spending. They have stated that numerous times.

Edit:That is a horrible trade though. Trouba for McD straight up would be close. Add a pick. Not interested in taking on that cap dump and certainly would not add in Connor.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Just not true. Widely held misperception. The Jets have always said that they will spend to the cap when they have the players that justify that level of spending. They have stated that numerous times.

Edit:That is a horrible trade though. Trouba for McD straight up would be close. Add a pick. Not interested in taking on that cap dump and certainly would not add in Connor.

I mean, in an article directly that is also quoting a convo with a co-owner direct stating the jets are a budget conscious team (a year and a half ago) doesnt really constitute a misperception or else it wouldnt fly

"How the Jets play on the ice and operate financially are ultimately Chipman's responsibility. His focus and his vision has been to operate the club in a fiscally responsible manner while still trying to achieve success on the ice. To that end, the Jets operate on a budget handed down from Chipman to GM Kevin Cheveldayoff."

EDIT: link http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/a-view-from-the-top-285324501.html

Last edited:

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I mean, in an article directly that is also quoting a convo with a co-owner direct stating the jets are a budget conscious team (a year and a half ago) doesnt really constitute a misperception or else it wouldnt fly

"How the Jets play on the ice and operate financially are ultimately Chipman's responsibility. His focus and his vision has been to operate the club in a fiscally responsible manner while still trying to achieve success on the ice. To that end, the Jets operate on a budget handed down from Chipman to GM Kevin Cheveldayoff."

EDIT: link http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/a-view-from-the-top-285324501.html

Every team operates on a budget. An internal cap is a different story.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
McD + Girardi For Trouba + Stuart + Pavelec

You've got to give (poo) to get (poo).

broc

Dec 20, 2010
McDonaghs advanced stats aren't as good as ppl realize. His value these days is much more on name than what he's been doing.
Easy no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad