Value of: Jets Cap Crunch (Myers to Toronto) (Mason, Perreault + Others?)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Agreed

Ristolainen is good offensively but not so good defensively. In his defence hard to judge anyone on the Sabres defensively....not meant as a shot at them just the truth.....the team is really bad.
Yeah ultimately it is tough to judge Ristolainen at least defensively. He's been paired with garbage for the majority of his time here (we finally got him a good partner in Scandella), but he's been completely overused and he's spent way too much time playing in his own end, which makes him look worse defensively then he actually is. I don't blame Jets fans for wanting to keep Trouba though, he's a great defenseman and you guys have a fantastic team in general.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That would also likely do. We just need someone on the right side to push Poolman for the 3RD role.

Nielsen is a lefty. Don't know if he is comfortable on the right side or not.

Do Myers to TO for their 1st + Carrick.

Or, better yet, Myers + Petan to Edm for 10 OA.

Reactions: Hunter368

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Nielsen is a lefty. Don't know if he is comfortable on the right side or not.

Do Myers to TO for their 1st + Carrick.

Or, better yet, Myers + Petan to Edm for 10 OA.

Well shit the site I was looking at had him listed as a righty. But everywhere else he's a lefty. Good catch.

Yeah either of those deals would be good for me.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Wonder what it would take to pry Scheifele ( Sp?) out of Winnipeg?

Massive return. Top 10 C in the nhl on perhaps a top 5 contract in the nhl for 8 years. The return couldn’t be high enough, not worth discussing. Not many players would I trade Mark for straight up.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Nylander & Lilgren ( Sp..?) from Leafs?
Reichel, Paccioretty, Gallagher, 3rd OA from Habs?
Neither team has the assets to get Scheifele. In fact, no team has.

Scheifele is absolutely untouchable under any circumstances.

Also, I love how this thread is about solving a cap crunch, and this guy rolls in with a proposal for a top 10 C on a top 5 contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: WPGNYRFan

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I wouldn't even trade Scheif for Matthews right now, mostly because of the contract. Montreal doesn't have the assets to acquire him. It would have to be an offer we couldn't refuse and it would have to be someone cost controlled that is a monster of a center and young. Straight up quality for quality trade. Only guy that I would do it for is McDavid. Which Edmonton would never do.

What he brings to the table on the ice will be tough to match for any team. What he brings to our dressing room and our fan base is pretty much priceless.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Neither offers are even close......between his skill, performance, production and contract (both dollars & term) Mark is untouchable.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If the Jets are looking to move out one of their D, then they should definitely see what Montreal would give up for them.
The Habs have crap D and could definitely use top 4 help, though I believe they need LHD.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Im not sure how to make it a more complete deal, been kicking it around for a couple days in my head. If Tavares stays, How would something like Myers and Mason for #12 work.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Im not sure how to make it a more complete deal, been kicking it around for a couple days in my head. If Tavares stays, How would something like Myers and Mason for #12 work.

Eating Mason's contract will push value down. There is no way Myers alone is worth 12 OA, let alone eating Mason's contract as well.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Neither team has the assets to get Scheifele. In fact, no team has.

Scheifele is absolutely untouchable under any circumstances.

Also, I love how this thread is about solving a cap crunch, and this guy rolls in with a proposal for a top 10 C on a top 5 contract.

I think lots of teams have the assets but highly unlikely they would part with them. Jets would demand full value ++.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Let Enstrom, Dano, Hendricks, Matthias, Tanev go.

Up, Niku, Roslovic, Veselainen. Bring back Lowry, Armia, Trouba, Morrissey.

All the projections have been done with all of those players except Dano and Tanev gone. Losing those 2 can only make it worse since they cost very little.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Remove Myers and your team takes a step back. I'd cut bait with Mason and find another asset to move out.

Your D core is what is keeping you in this series vs Nashville. Good chance you see them again next year if you plan on going to the final.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Your defense is your area of strength. Do not subtract from it. Build around it!

Don't pull a Canucks post 2011 where they tried to go away from speed and skill and replace it with slow and big guys. You guys have a hell of a goalie I think he is something special.

Add around the foundation of your NET, D, Your C's, and your elite wingers in Laine and Wheeler. If anything in your shoes I'd part ways with Ehlers. I'm sure he's a fan favourite but he has been less of a difference maker in these playoffs. He is skilled, can skate, but has been manhandled at times. He could net you a fortune and teams would probably still pay for him. If you keep him and he doesn't flourish in next years post season it may become a storyline and his value will plummet. Only subtract if you have too. But if you do. Do not take away from your biggest area of strength!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I like the idea of acquiring Tyler Myers for the Leafs but not at the price of the first round pick... don't like giving futures to alleviate cap troubles for a contender and I'd just go hard for Myers in free agency.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad