Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
20-30 goal scorer who hits, fights, forecheck's hard, PK's, and always gives 100% on ice? Yeah, a lot to not like about that. ;)

I gave him the benefit of the doubt on his off-ice behaviour - that was obviously a mistake, but I still think he's a useful piece even given his hockey flaws, perhaps to help drive the scoring of a 3rd line.

Yep.

Valuable player but God damn is he a **** up now.

I was in his corner a long time but he's made his bed at this point.

Too bad Kane, tonnes of talent and ability, just a great big dbag after all.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
To those who liked Kane's "on-ice" play: really? I found it to be pretty poor :/

He was a dang good third liner -- you have to give him that. Speed, banging the body & shooting the puck.. thats it. Did I say anything about shooting the puck (like at every opportunity!!) .. good for the analytics I suppose?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I wouldnt actually be surprised if it was true tbh. He seems like the type if you catch my meaning.

funny you say that because i remember you defending Kane v1.0 when he was also accused of inappropriate behaviours at another Buffalo bar.

what's up with Buffalo and Kanes, anyways?

i'd normally say "let the wheels of justice spin" but man, Kane's a walking forest fire. trouble seems to follow him around. he needs to go to the Kings. they like the cut of this type of jib.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The amount of pro atheletes that go bankrupt is staggering and Kane loves to live large. Easy to burn through $30 million pretax.

A lot of the athletes that go broke have no money sense at all - huge entourages and just no concept of the money going out the door. A lot of them are taken advantage of as well (terrible business advice, shady deals, etc.). I don't think Kane's going to end up like that.

I wonder what his burn rate is? If he's spending $1M/year and doesn't dial that back when the money stops coming in, he'll be broke within 10 years after of being out of the league. If he can cut that spending in half, then he might be able to stretch it out forever.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The amount of pro atheletes that go bankrupt is staggering and Kane loves to live large. Easy to burn through $30 million pretax.

Especially if Buffalo leaves him unprotected and Vegas picks him up. Kane in Vegas.... light a match to the powder-keg... Kane will be spending money as fast as he makes it.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He was a dang good third liner -- you have to give him that. Speed, banging the body & shooting the puck.. thats it. Did I say anything about shooting the puck (like at every opportunity!!) .. good for the analytics I suppose?

Don't forget his forecheck and PK. Both excellent. He isn't the superstar he imagines himself to be but he is still very good.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
funny you say that because i remember you defending Kane v1.0 when he was also accused of inappropriate behaviours at another Buffalo bar.

what's up with Buffalo and Kanes, anyways?

i'd normally say "let the wheels of justice spin" but man, Kane's a walking forest fire. trouble seems to follow him around. he needs to go to the Kings. they like the cut of this type of jib.

Yup...and it turn's out she was full of crap and I was right. This time though...there is very compelling evidence(video) and this seems to be a pattern. With Patrick Kane there wasn't much of a pattern and the story didn't line up. Outside of that cabbie, his character issues were drinking too much and throwing a rager in the offseason. People were too quick to tar and feather him as rapist before all the evidence came in. And the story made no sense from the get go.

Given the history and the compelling evidence, Evander Kane totally strikes me as the guy to have a temper.

Last edited by a moderator:

FishWhiskey

Jul 31, 2016
I'm just picturing Evander Kane going to Vegas in the expansion draft.

They could make a reality show out of it if they had a camera crew follow him around. I fear, however, it would play like the second half of Scar Face.

They could call it "Bad Citizen Kane"

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yup...and it turn's out she was full of crap and I was right. This time though...there is very compelling evidence(video) and this seems to be a pattern. With Patrick Kane there wasn't much of a pattern and the story didn't line up. Outside of that cabbie, his character issues were drinking too much and throwing a rager in the offseason. People were too quick to tar and feather him as rapist before all the evidence came in. And the story made no sense from the get go.

Given the history and the compelling evidence, Evander Kane totally strikes me as the guy to have a temper.

Uhhhhh, no. That isn't how it turned out. If he bought her off it would have been on condition that it never come out publicly that she was bought off.

The way it ended we don't know the truth any more now than we did the day it started. And we never will. You choose to side with P. Kane for your own reasons and to believe the worst about E. Kane also for your own reasons.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
"Always gives 100% on the ice"

is just a myth perpetuated by 2-3 months of outstanding effort when Kane was trying to compensate for his hand/wrist injury.

There were long periods of half-hearted efforts, especially when Noel was coach.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
the 100% effort thing wrt Kane's on ice performance always bugged me too. Afaic, part of giving 100% involves working on the parts of your game that need work and figuring out how to make your team better. Kane always struck me as a guy who really didn't think he needed to work on his game - his game is already awesome! What needs to change? :sarcasm: There were an awful lot of shots taken from impossible angles that could have been passes made to team mates instead.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
the 100% effort thing wrt Kane's on ice performance always bugged me too. Afaic, part of giving 100% involves working on the parts of your game that need work and figuring out how to make your team better. Kane always struck me as a guy who really didn't think he needed to work on his game - his game is already awesome! What needs to change? :sarcasm: There were an awful lot of shots taken from impossible angles that could have been passes made to team mates instead.

Lots of opportunities to pass which may have led to goals by teammates which may have led to more Jets wins but the teams fortunes were of little concern to "me, myself and I" Evander Kane with no brain!:shakehead

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Uhhhhh, no. That isn't how it turned out. If he bought her off it would have been on condition that it never come out publicly that she was bought off.

The way it ended we don't know the truth any more now than we did the day it started. And we never will. You choose to side with P. Kane for your own reasons and to believe the worst about E. Kane also for your own reasons.

I'm not going to get into an argument about this...but the evidence says Patrick Kane is innocent. There wasnt even evidence that the two had sex. There was DNA from two other guys in her under carriage...but none from Kane. There was a reason that the charges were dropped.

Anyways. ..that's all I have to say about that. But video evidence, combined with other women coming forward is pretty damming in Evander Kane's case. However...this is not the place for this discussion. If this is something that people want to continue discussing with me...feel free to PM me.

Karnalsyn

Oct 28, 2011
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Best trade we ever made, glad that joker is gone. He's a glory hound, not a team player. His 1st 2 seasons with us he played the same way, used the same moves, and came up short almost every time. Highly predictable play style.

In season 3 things started to look up when he started to make plays with Wheeler. Him and Wheeler started to show some real chemistry. Looked like Kane's glory hound days were finally behind him and the team player was starting to emerge.....but that didn't last long. Back to being useless on the ice.

Fast foward, injury, injury, blah blah, gone...good. Let him be someone else's problem lol

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

His offseason training seemed more geared towards MMA fighting than playing hockey. I also believe that his training was for improving his surface appearance rather than to make him a better hockey player. Built for show, not for go. Just my thoughts based off of his narcissistic persona.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
You might be surprised how fast a guy living that kind of lifestyle can blow through his millions.

3D9W7.gif

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not going to get into an argument about this...but the evidence says Patrick Kane is innocent. There wasnt even evidence that the two had sex. There was DNA from two other guys in her under carriage...but none from Kane. There was a reason that the charges were dropped.

Anyways. ..that's all I have to say about that. But video evidence, combined with other women coming forward is pretty damming in Evander Kane's case. However...this is not the place for this discussion. If this is something that people want to continue discussing with me...feel free to PM me.

That's a funny way not to get into an argument about it. Just state your case and expect it to be accepted - without argument. :laugh:

I know your opinions from previous arguments. I really am not going to argue. You have your opinion and I have mine. I would prefer to just leave it as unknown/undecided and not raise it in threads about other players misadventures though. I'm not about to change my opinion and clearly you are not either. :)

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
That's a funny way not to get into an argument about it. Just state your case and expect it to be accepted - without argument. :laugh:

I know your opinions from previous arguments. I really am not going to argue. You have your opinion and I have mine. I would prefer to just leave it as unknown/undecided and not raise it in threads about other players misadventures though. I'm not about to change my opinion and clearly you are not either. :)

Thank you for conceding the point :sarcasm:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I think like many I had a higher opinion of Kane a few years ago when I thought he had potential to score lots of goals. He really isn't much to write home about in terms of hockey sense imo. Always a play-killer and puck hog.

You can quote mine me from 2014 if you like but my opinion tends to change with the facts!

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
So Kane now facing civil suit over his allegedl assault of the women in December in Buffalo:

http://www.dailypublic.com/articles/08012016/december-accuser-sues-evander-kane

So this allegation on top of the current pending charges and also accusations from his former playboy model girlfriend who recently posted he was a brutal abuser.

At the end of the day he has yet to be convicted of a crime in a court of law and with a good lawyer he can probably keep at bay on most of these allegations but........? 35 points last season in Buffalo in 65 games and getting paid $6 million. So he has this season and next under contract and then it's time for a new deal. What is the over under on him making it to the next deal vs being in jail at this rate? 5 separate women 3 different events claiming abuse.

Court of law still says he's innocent currently but public opinion seems to be less forgiving since individuals are not burdened with the same restrictions and are free to form their own opinion. The track suit issue did not seem to get any message across to Kane? The baggage on this guy is becoming overwhelming.

Two years left before EK9 is unemployed and looking for a new contract and as always with the career it's still his move?
From the above article:
"Although Kane’s insurance carrier may defend him on the negligence allegation, it probably won’t cover the intentional torts like battery. The complaint, however, provides some insight into the nature and severity of the allegations"

Some injuries, including lacerations, contusions and even "emotional trauma", can be either minor or difficult to quantify based on a brief description.
"Multiple surgeries", however, usually connotes serious injury and no one gets a transfusion these days unless they have lost close to half their blood volume.

These allegations are very substantial and serious. And evidence for major trauma is easier to demonstrate than issues related to consent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad