Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
You just said it had nothing to do with cancel culture then right after basically said its about cancel culture lol
That’s not cancel culture…it’s called consequences..it’s an old fashion concept where you are expected to live with the ramifications and fallout of your actions if you are to stupid to live like a normal human.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
That’s not cancel culture…it’s called consequences..it’s an old fashion concept where you are expected to live with the ramifications and fallout of your actions if you are to stupid to live like a normal human.
Man let it go. What Mailloux did at 17yrs old is now irrevelent. No one talk about it anymore and no one care. If he was offered, witch I highly doubt, you can be sure the Jets would look at it closely.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
They get a mid round 2nd if he ends up walking for compensation.

So when people offer like a really late first or early second, why would you take it? I'm sure someone would come around and offer more than that. They still have 2 more years.
That makes sense. Now I understand better.

Reactions: CanMerc

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Love how Habs fans get all defensive and indignant when their offers get refused… it’s a no..move on
This thread has devolved into the usual Habs fans offering, Jets fans refusing, Habs fans getting mad and trying to justify the offer and the player offered, then offering the same player or the same futures proposal over and over and over with Jets fans regusing over and over and over…I’d like to hear from other teams fans, but they seem to have left due to the Habs fans taking over the thread.
You guys are in a tough spot. Looks like your prospect want out, a lot of players have WPG on their no-trade list which limits a lot of hockey trades and many teams do not have assets for such trade. Gauthier has landed Drysdale, a 5-11 RHD with a lot of question marks in similar situation.
Maybe you will land with Trevor Zegras 1 for 1 or Anthony Cirelli, but I do not expect that.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Nothing to do with cancel culture and everything to do with individual character and public impression.
I don’t care that he apologized…means absolutely nothing… he did it and that’s it… he’s scum..anyone who does that is scum…I don’t care how often or how loudly they apologize….its called consequences..dont want to be scum.. dont do scummy shit
Forgiveness obviously being a concept that is lost on you. Get a grip. He showed a picture of a naked girl to his friends when he was a teenager. Not nearly on the same level as what some other people have done.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I think at this point Chevy is playing chicken with Rutger.

If offers are a late 1st or equivalent value, there is better odds he gives in and turns pro with the Jets than spending two more years in college. The loss for the Jets is just going down from late 1st to the mid 2nd compensatory pick we would get if he really plays two more years of college, worth the gamble unless teams are offering something good.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think at this point Chevy is playing chicken with Rutger.

If offers are a late 1st or equivalent value, there is better odds he gives in and turns pro with the Jets than spending two more years in college. The loss for the Jets is just going down from late 1st to the mid 2nd compensatory pick we would get if he really plays two more years of college, worth the gamble unless teams are offering something good.
I do imagine ducks are prob kicking tires… mcgroaty seems pretty damn fit for the identity pv wants to build in Anaheim.

But we prob can’t put our 1st on the table , still looks like it’ll be a top 5-10 pick. We don’t have our 2nd.
Luneau prob makes the most sense, but he’s really out only rhd with top pair upside so I can’t see us parting with him.

Pv would need to get really creative or just throw 1st w/ top 10 protection and hope to god we turn it around in 26

Or the zegras route, but I feel like jets would have to add

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
You guys are in a tough spot. Looks like your prospect want out, a lot of players have WPG on their no-trade list which limits a lot of hockey trades and many teams do not have assets for such trade. Gauthier has landed Drysdale, a 5-11 RHD with a lot of question marks in similar situation.
Maybe you will land with Trevor Zegras 1 for 1 or Anthony Cirelli, but I do not expect that.
It’s basically a game of chicken… will Chevy get an offer he likes before McG’s value starts to drop to low. While I don’t like Chevy as our GM overly much and think he’s way past his sell by date, I will say he routinely pulls off amazing deals when players try to hamstring him… it’s one of the few areas I have high faith in him.
I personally think, if this situation drags out past training camp, it’s most likely held off til the next TDL or next draft

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Forgiveness obviously being a concept that is lost on you. Get a grip. He showed a picture of a naked girl to his friends when he was a teenager. Not nearly on the same level as what some other people have done.
He’s scum, and I’m under zero obligation to forgive him or like him or want him on my team. I don know him and don’t want to. There are things kids do that are just kids being kids and then there’s this kind of scum shit… he’s scum

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Tell me you have no idea about Trevor Zegras without telling me you have no idea about Trevor Zegras.

Drafted higher and 2 60 point seasons under his belt and one injury riddled season. 1 for 1 hahahahahahahahahaha man you fellas crack me up.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Tell me you have no idea about Trevor Zegras without telling me you have no idea about Trevor Zegras.

Drafted higher and 2 60 point seasons under his belt and one injury riddled season. 1 for 1 hahahahahahahahahaha man you fellas crack me up.
Cmon, I was obviously exaggerating. WPG should not expect miracles in this trade.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Supply and demand

If you're a team with a guaranteed roster spot and mid 1st pick looking for a guy like Rutger, then you jump on it because he's 2 years closer to contributing than the guy you'd use that pick on

And you have a much better idea of what the player is going to be in his mid 20's compared to a fresh 18 years old.

Montreal fans act like they got some hidden gem in mailloux. No, every team passed on him because they didn't want to touch him.

Yeah, I bet no team would want a 21 years old AHL all-star, 6'3, 220 lbs RHD who skate & moves the puck well and has good offensive instinct as well as playing physicals.

Yes, just like no team would have ever wanted Patty Kane after nearly beating a taxi driver to death or the sexual assault charges against him or Nishuskin beating up a hooker in a hotel room or Matthews pulling out his shaft in front of a server or the numerous sexual assault claim against Evander Kane while he was in Winnipeg.

These athletes get to have a whole legal team behind them and I can't even possibly imagine all the horror stories that must have been buried over the years. I bet if professional players had to face justice for their act half the leagues players would be in jail.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I wouldn't be interested in Zegras anyways(obviously the Jets would have to add). I can guarantee you when he comes up for Arb he'll be requesting a trade to an American market :laugh:
100%

Jets won't trade one USNTDP primadonna for another one

Pretty sure that this last draft was the first time we didn't pick an American. Probably not a coincidence

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I do imagine ducks are prob kicking tires… mcgroaty seems pretty damn fit for the identity pv wants to build in Anaheim.

But we prob can’t put our 1st on the table , still looks like it’ll be a top 5-10 pick. We don’t have our 2nd.
Luneau prob makes the most sense, but he’s really out only rhd with top pair upside so I can’t see us parting with him.

Pv would need to get really creative or just throw 1st w/ top 10 protection and hope to god we turn it around in 26

Or the zegras route, but I feel like jets would have to add
Yeah I'd love Luneau but it was a fairly unanimous "not interested" when I tested the waters on that in the Duck's forum haha

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
100% agree, in strong teams thats not going to happen often quickly, weaker teams can put them into the lineup much faster.
The funny thing about Gauthier is that the Flyers were very weak at forward in March 2023 but Briere told him no thanks, we won’t burn the first year of your ELC and you can just wait till next season. Then Gauthier had a great World Cup and suddenly they were ready to sign him, but by then it was loo late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad