Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Kent said they had a trade agreed upon if Hage wasn't there. Montreal was in on McGroarty according to many sources.

Read between the lines.
Highly doubtful…lots of teams are in on McG some with likely better possible returns than #21
Jets should be targeting players as close to ready as possible…not picks…I’m thinking McG likely gets packaged with Ehlers for a big swing over 2 smaller trades

Reactions: Buffdog

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Highly doubtful…lots of teams are in on McG some with likely better possible returns than #21
Jets should be targeting players as close to ready as possible…not picks
Never said it was the only piece, but the #21 was certainly involved.

I think Montreal is out now, yesterday they were the frontrunner, I think the deal was agreed upon if Hage was not there.

Maybe they revisit for players today, who knows. Barron is of interest for Winnipeg, not sure Hughes is that interested to move him. Would need more as well.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Never said it was the only piece, but the #21 was certainly involved.

I think Montreal is out now, yesterday they were the frontrunner, I think the deal was agreed upon if Hage was not there.

Maybe they revisit for players today, who knows. Barron is of interest for Winnipeg, not sure Hughes is that interested to move him. Would need more as well.
Would need a lot more than Barron.. and I doubt MTL was a front runner with #21

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised McG won’t bring back a high first + an A prospect. WPG doesn’t have to trade him, but they don’t have leverage either as it’s public knowledge that he wants out.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I doubt the Habs make that trade either for whatever is worth. Mailloux's skating/size/tools are too intriguing to trade away. Still think Columbus makes the most sense for McGroarty. He's obviously familiar with Fantilli/Brindley, and adds to the size factor upfront that Columbus has valued in Fantilli/Lindstrom. I'm sure Sillinger/Johnson are pieces that make way more sense for the Jets than picks/prospects that pretty much every other team is likely offering.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
What are the Jets needs/wants in a McGroarty return? I know the Habs are interested, what is a realistic ask from the Winnipeg side?
C or RD prospects. Guhle would get it done.

It's already been established that:
-Mailloux is not Jets material based on character
-Barron is an add-in piece, nothing more
-Xhekaj is the same
-Hutson isn't likely to be an ideal solution

There will be a bidding war and Chevy won't make a bad deal for the sake of making a deal. If anything, this incident has increased Rutger's value since everyone knows he's available.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
C or RD prospects. Guhle would get it done.

It's already been established that:
-Mailloux is not Jets material based on character
-Barron is an add-in piece, nothing more
-Xhekaj is the same
-Hutson isn't likely to be an ideal solution

There will be a bidding war and Chevy won't make a bad deal for the sake of making a deal. If anything, this incident has increased Rutger's value since everyone knows he's available.
glad to to read Guhle would get it done.
You better be adding a lot more to McGroarty
for that to happen

RandomJetsFan

Apr 19, 2014
manitoba
I get that this kid wants out of the jets system it's annoying that some hab fans want him for dirt cheap thinking cause it's public knowledge Rutger wants to be traded. I'm just curious how long til those same fans or going to be take what we give or we just wait til he's a free agent then we can just get him for free. I get not all hab fans are the same and that every fan base has those few bad apples. Sorry for the nothing rant and not adding anything of value here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00