Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Pens 3

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Where has that talent been for the last 5 years? He has ranged from not very good to downright bad. His only good season was his last contract year.

Maybe some of it can be explained by poor fits with partners and nagging injuries but the coincidence of good play only when he feels motivated enough is hard to ignore.

He is going to have a career year earning him another big contract and then he will disappear for the rest of his career.
There might be some truth to this because it is exactly what happened last time and we had similar discussions around it.
I'd like to see him play his heart out every night but I doubt we get this kind of effort after that next contract is signed - all you can hope for is that we don't over pay.
He's no dummy - he knows how the league works when it comes contract time - what have you done for me lately is usually how it works.
But in the end, I hope you and I are wrong -

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, I’d be cautious signing him to a long term federal given his tendency to be inconsistent and play up for contract years (which wouldn’t be bad if he was at least good the other years).

He's a guy who needs one 1 year contract after another. Go ahead and pay him, he'll probably be earning it.:laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There might be some truth to this because it is exactly what happened last time and we had similar discussions around it.
I'd like to see him play his heart out every night but I doubt we get this kind of effort after that next contract is signed - all you can hope for is that we don't over pay.
He's no dummy - he knows how the league works when it comes contract time - what have you done for me lately is usually how it works.
But in the end, I hope you and I are wrong -

Sure. I hope he becomes half of an outstanding pair with Snerg, the partner he has been waiting 5 years for. But I'm skeptical.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
wow, the offense :)

GO JETS GO!!!

Crossing finger this will be Scheifele's best year , two way game... As well as Lowry. If JMO is JMO and HELLY is HELLY, Jets will (hopefully) pass round one this year :)

Reactions: Jets 31

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
and I have yet to see 1 national media member tweet about it, if this was any other canadian market they all would have tweeted it by now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241021_013521_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20241021_013521_Samsung Internet.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Ehlers 5 games 7 points. And tonight's toi under 13...

And when the Jets lose a game he's sure the main culprit. This is madness despite the team wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad