Pre-Game Talk: GAME 7 10/22 8:45 PM - THE BEAR sings at the Grand Ole Opry - NESN, TNT, MAX, truTV, 102.5 WKLB-FM

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1729500571697.png

1729500649344.png

1729500703299.png

Monday, October 21 (Nashville, TN)

• No scheduled practice or media availability
Tuesday, October 22 (Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN)

• Morning skate, 11:30 a.m. CT
  • Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate
  • Game vs. Nashville Predators, 7:45 p.m. CT (TV: TNT | Radio: 102.5)
  • Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game
  • Travel to Boston
Boston Bruins (3-2-1, in the Atlantic Division) vs. Nashville Predators (0-5, in the Central Division)

Nashville, Tennessee; Tuesday, 8:45 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE: The Nashville Predators head into a matchup with the Boston Bruins as losers of five in a row.

Nashville has a 0-5 record overall and a 0-4-0 record in home games. The Predators have given up 23 goals while scoring 10 for a -13 scoring differential.

Boston is 3-2-1 overall and 1-1-1 in road games. The Bruins rank second in the league serving 13.8 penalty minutes per game.

The matchup Tuesday is the first meeting of the season between the two teams.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Try playing with hockey sticks this time boys instead of the ringette sticks (if that’s what they’re called lol) or whatever the hell it was you were playing with last game. Maybe you’ll actually be able to execute a frickrn’ pass for once. Oh, and north-south too, please (see line # ”4” for an example and for inspiration). Go Bruins!

Reactions: lopey

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
You seldom see a hockey team looking at a MUST WIN game in October but that is where Nashville is right now.

View attachment 919341

@Bruinaura - My server last night said nothing makes sense as the Titians are a mess and Vanderbilt beat Alabama in football.
Yep, it's weird lol. Although I don't follow football at all, never liked the Titans anyway.

Preds were definitely not expecting this start after signing Stamkos and Marchessault

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Are we better than our record.

I think Nashville is better than their 0-5-0 record. They haven't gotten great goaltending to start the season and their key cogs are still trying to get adjusted to a new team/new city.

NSH Expected Goals For = 16
NSH Actual Goals For = 10

NSH Expected Goals Against = 16
NSH Actual Goals Against = 23

Offensively NSH has the 2nd biggest negative delta in expected goals for and actual goals for. They also have the 2nd biggest negative delta in expected goals against vs actual goals against.

The numbers say they're just unlucky right now. You know Saros will eventually get back to being a Vezina level goalie. As the new guys continue to get more familiar with their new system/linemates, the offensive numbers should swing back.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Hello Bruins fans. Canuck fan here ... I know I know lol. I see you guys are rising up the standings.

I was just curious what your viewings are on Zadorov. How has he been for you guys ... happy with the signing?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Just want the Bruins to play a full 60 minutes for one game.

Hello Bruins fans. Canuck fan here ... I know I know lol. I see you guys are rising up the standings.

I was just curious what your viewings are on Zadorov. How has he been for you guys ... happy with the signing?
I think the Bruins are over paying him personally .That said though ,come playoffs he is probably worth his weight in gold.I want more meaness out of him.( only 6 games in ,to be fair)

Reactions: lopey

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I like it so far. Small sample size I think he will be fine here. I think he's underrated offensively... His stats won't wow you, but he's making good decisions. There will be games where he goes "missing" but I like how involved he's been. He's taken a few silly penalties in retaliation to a few guys where I'd rather he'd just run them over instead, but we expected this. I like that he's not afraid to put the puck on net and he seems to have a decent breakout pass which surprised me.

Overall, 3 assists in his first 5 games. + player so far. Don't mind it at all.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Just want the Bruins to play a full 60 minutes for one game.

I think the Bruins are over paying him personally .That said though ,come playoffs he is probably worth his weight in gold.I want more meaness out of him.( only 6 games in ,to be fair)

Thanks ... Park was one hell of a player. One of my faves. Yeah there is a fair bit of diversity on the Canucks board. Some people are diehard Zadorov fans and others like us think he is overpaid.

I hadn't really thought much of the playoffs where yeah his value goes way up. You guys had the cap space to afford a bit of an overpay where on the other hand we're running on empty, so that could work out well when it counts.

He will get mean. It's in his blood lol. Just wait!

I like it so far. Small sample size I think he will be fine here. I think he's underrated offensively... His stats won't wow you, but he's making good decisions. There will be games where he goes "missing" but I like how involved he's been. He's taken a few silly penalties in retaliation to a few guys where I'd rather he'd just run them over instead, but we expected this. I like that he's not afraid to put the puck on net and he seems to have a decent breakout pass which surprised me.

Overall, 3 assists in his first 5 games. + player so far. Don't mind it at all.

Thanks Sheppy! He definitely seems like a Bruin!

He does take some silly penalties but overall a pretty useful player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad