Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Pens 3

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
One negative I have is that the top's line shift lengths need to be brought under control. At 5v5 Scheifele managed to play almost 5 mins more than Lowry while being on the ice for 2 LESS shifts than Lowry. 6 mins more than Names while playing the same number of shifts. This is not just a one off either, 55 is has been around 58 seconds average shift length at 5v5 almost every game, was a 1 min 4 seconds tonight :eek3:

One thing that was good about Wheeler was that he would always be the first guy to change on that top line. That line's average shift length is at a point that it would be considered too long even for a defenseman, let alone a forward.

Edit: For comparison, Crosby's avg shift length was 46 seconds and Malkin 43 seconds, with no Pens over 50 seconds. On the Jets Scheifele was at 64 secs and all of the topline over 50 seconds.

Last edited:

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
The Coyotes folded and Winnipeg got their spiritual history back. The coyote and the jet merged to turn us into a bionic cyber wolf, with wings. Pretty much like Silverbolt from Beastwars. Wolfpack running wild on this league.
IMG_8343.gif

(I knew exactly what you’re talking about)

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I will give credit where credit is due. Comrie looked awful at the start, but looked okay by the end. He still made some goofs even then, but the Pens couldn't capitalize.

Still not comfortable with him as a backup, but he'll likely not get a lot of starts so it might be okay.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I will give credit where credit is due. Comrie looked awful at the start, but looked okay by the end. He still made some goofs even then, but the Pens couldn't capitalize.

Still not comfortable with him as a backup, but he'll likely not get a lot of starts so it might be okay.
A bit of firewagon hockey out there tonight. Nice to see the Jets put up 8 and 6 in consecutive games. 2nd in the NHL in GF, 1st in GA, 1st in GoalDiff. It's been quite a start to the season!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Very happy to say, so far, Scott Arniel is very much proving me wrong. Hope he keeps it up. I'll have to eat a little crow here, and happy too.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Some complaints about the new sound system in the upper deck on reddit, anyone who sits up there what are your thought?
I sit in the lower bowl but went upstairs Friday night prior to the start of the game to see if there were any different food options. It was so loud in some areas of the concourse that the people taking my order could not even hear what I was trying to order. The person working at the food kiosk said” I can’t hear what anyone is trying to order”.
They may have to tone it down a bit. Not enjoyable to even try and have a conversation in the concourse.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Very happy to say, so far, Scott Arniel is very much proving me wrong. Hope he keeps it up. I'll have to eat a little crow here, and happy too.
I heard Arniel has taken a page form Al Arbor's motivational playbook. Arniel has made this years team motto "Drive for Five" and explained to the team they need to drive to make the playoffs for their five games.

Reactions: GNP

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don’t think it was a collapse …. More like the Pens pressuring the Jets by sending 2 guys in to forecheck. The Jets were able to adjust after figuring out what the Pens were doing.

Sure looked bad for about 10-12 minutes. But yes, Jets did get past it.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Thoughts

Rutger McGroarty the self proclaimed best NHL'er to ever lace on a pair of skates -5 games between They're The Pitts and the pig trough in Wilkes Barre with nothing to show.

Some kid named Brayden "Jaromir" Yager who I'm told is pretty good with 7G 6A in 7 games for Moose JaW.

Understand needing to get players in-Comrie playing made a little bit of sense as Helle does need some games off. But Stanley and Slow Gus? None of the 18 skaters played themselves out of the lineup in the first four games. Had we lost this thread would be 700 pages already calling for Arniel's head.

Done with Stanley. Just go away.
Kupari finally showing some of what Chevy hoped to be getting when we traded that other dude that didn't want to be here, so dad gummit lets take him the f*** out of the lineup. Show him a thing or two.

Watch James Wright dress for the next game.:D

Comrie was good but last season when Bro was in net I wasn't edge of my seat a ball of nerves like I was this afternoon.

Kicked a FG in the 2nd and one in the 3rd and could have had one in the 1st but we tried for the TD. Take the points when you get your chances.:cool:

Goal differential 24-8. But we gave up way too many shots today.

Who's wearing Pionk's jersey and passing himself off as Neal? Not the same guy we've come to know and hate, just a little bit.

We've given up 2 shorthanded goals I believe , one to Tyler Tomfoolery and one to Helen Hayes. How many other former Jets are out there to score shorthanded against us.

On to Tuesday lets break the spirits of St. Louis and drive Binnington batty.

Editing to add, lets honor a different current or former Jet before every game and maybe we never lose.

We could do one for a former Jet, now a Capital I believe with a "Thanks for Leaving" night. Can barely remember the guys name but it looks like he actually spends a fair bit of time on the ice, doing absolutely nothing at all.

In fairness to Stan, it was his first game and he hasn't even practiced much.

I didn't mind too much giving 1 of the 3 a game, but 3 in the same game seemed a little risky to me.

Ad

Ad

Ad