Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Coilers 0

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Has NHL.com always had this "Goal Simulation" on their Gamecentre page?

This is such a great page. You can watch a video with a quick recap, a condensed game, a video of each goal, and this goal simulation is pretty cool.

Hopefully we can use this to dissect our goals against (in the future) so we're properly throwing the right guys under the bus!

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
this goal simulation is pretty cool.

Lowry's goal looks so funny in that simulation. The chip technology the NHL is using is great, seeing what different people develop using the data has been awesome. I wonder if they make the data open source so we can get 3rd party visualizations eventually.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

This is such a great page. You can watch a video with a quick recap, a condensed game, a video of each goal, and this goal simulation is pretty cool.

Hopefully we can use this to dissect our goals against (in the future) so we're properly throwing the right guys under the bus!

That's funny. I went to a talk literally yesterday where the Blackhawks senior data analyst talked about the tracking and event data used for those simulations. Don't think they've used them on NHL.com before.

Reactions: Gm0ney and Huffer

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yes. Way better that the Jets go unnoticed and there's no pressure on this group. They fold when the spotlights on. I know lots hate the Jets don't get mentioned and complain about to much Leafs, Habs or whatnot... But let them talk about those teams and the Jets just fly under the radar doing their thing.
Helle touched on that in his postgame interview when he was asked about the expectations that have been put on the Oilers

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Aside from his goal, I was impressed by Kupari last night. Never saw much out of him at all last year but he had a solid game.

Also, Nino/Lowry/Apples is such a damn dominant line
Fourth line has been playing together for a year now. They are melding together. Longer they play together, the better they will get.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Anyone else find it incredibly crass, but, on brand that the greaser organization didn't do any tribute for the Gaudreau brothers?

Pigs.
Maybe they did something in the pre-season? Or waiting for the actually affected team to be in town?

Winnipeg’s Connor’s > Edmonton’s Connor

Come at me bro

Quoting yourself with a response. Classic Sip :laugh:
Both our Connor's :)

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Stayed up for 2 periods and then disappeared before the Canucks' curse could befall the Jets.

Great to see the Lowry line lead, Connor establish an NHL record and, most importantly, the team running seamlessly under Arniel's coaching. It's only one game, but is very encouraging.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012

Thanks for pointing this out. It is a great way to watch how the play developed leading to the goal. I did not notice Kupari cycled the puck on his goal!

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Since 1972 it always feels good to beat the Oilers!

Also, good for Kyle Connor setting a new NHL record!

seven-courtney.gif

Reactions: roccerfeller

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Got power back and watched the condensed game - that was FUN! I can't believe Kupa Kup scored - could this be the start of something???
Yup, the countdown for another 70 games until he score.

I kid, I hope he pops in 10 goals this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad