Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Coilers 0

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Will wait and see - but at first glance

Jeff Skinner still soft as butter
Holy crap am I glad Henrique wanted to be screamed at by McD rather than play here
Arvidsson equals Kupari
Corey Perry still pining for Bedard's mom

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31 and Buffdog

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
excited-ron-swanson.gif

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Managed to stay awake for the whole game and look what happens...

giphy.gif

Seriously though, that was quite a game, I wonder what Connor McJesus is saying to his teammates...

I give this game five Family Feuds out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Blackhawks has been posted, so you can start getting your guesses in. Thanks to @Jets 31 for volunteering to make the GDT, we are all looking forward to seeing it! Don't wait, sign up today to make your own GDT, you know you want to! Good night all, see you Friday...

giphy.gif

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Third line killed it - and Helle had a good game (but didn't break a sweat).
Also liked the PP and PK - both look different (thankfully).
Ehlers is going to need to drive that 2nd line - they couldn't get much going off the rush and that's where you'd think they would shine.
It's nice to see the depth scoring - did I mention the 3rd line killed it?

Won't dwell on the defense too much - JoMo looked to be in midseason form - but that 3rd pairing will need to settle in - little bit of panic there.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
was kinda of funny to have the panel predict us to not make the playoffs only to have debrusk/micheals talk about us having the same team that won 52 games for 110 points last season

Even though we won we still were outshot 30-19
shots were what? 14-12 when we went up 5-0... we sat back and they shot from everywhere and anywhere

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Wow what a start. I was most impressed with Samberg, we need him to come up huge, after his weak playoff series man was he an entirely different defensemen tonight. Lowry should get consideration, serious consideration, for Team Canada.

We got the youth injection from a young Finnish player we were all yearning for, except Brad Lambert's name tonight was Rasmus Kupari.

Haydn Fleury was sacrificing out there.

Really cool to start the year this way, very cool. Always special to get a win in Edmonton no matter what the circumstances.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Oh by the way, Vancouver blew a 4 goal lead tonight and lost in OT, after watching the highlights, goodness some of the Flames players could really help us, I am talking Rasmus Anderson, Weeger, Kadri and/or Blake Coleman. Could get me any of that come spring.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I wouldn't get too fired up about this game if I were a Jets fan, as the Oilers looked sluggish, slow, and not motivated. Is this the real mid season Oilers I doubt it, but hey it was great to thump them.

Nice to see the 3rd line playing so well, and the defenseman all playing well. Should be interesting to see what the Jets can do this year, but I expect much the same as last years results, from the same players. I see the Jets finishing with about 102 - 108 points. ( top 3 in division)

In order for us to take the next step to not be a easy out in the playoffs, is we're going to have to see someone "step up." That could be Samberg, Kupari, or Lambert, or Chib if their called up. Somebody must step up and be the driving force for this team.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Moral of the story is the only people that can make fun of Winnipeg is people from Winnipeg . Nice shit kicking by our shity team from Winnipeg, now we dance.:nod:

Reactions: UFO and GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad