Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Blues 2

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Lost in this winning streak is that HF Jets has also set a new record.

This is the longest we've gone without a tank thread to start a season! :laugh:

tenor.gif

Don't tempt @nobody imp0rtant :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: SLAYER

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I was thinking about this yesterday.

We are all riding high right now. We have played well, but not 6 - 0 well. It's a small sample size. We have had some puck luck go our way. Helle can't hold a 0.948 all season long. And we won't have a 44% power play success rate at the end of the season either. But the start is very impressive and I will enjoy the ride while it lasts. At some point in time, we will have a tough streak. So piling up these point early on in the season will go a long way to helping get into the post season

Go Jets Go.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

We are all riding high right now. We have played well, but not 6 - 0 well. It's a small sample size. We have had some puck luck go our way. Helle can't hold a 0.948 all season long. And we won't have a 44% power play success rate at the end of the season either. But the start is very impressive and I will enjoy the ride while it lasts. At some point in time, we will have a tough streak. So piling up these point early on in the season will go a long way to helping get into the post season

Go Jets Go.

I agree. There will be some rough patches but I think having a cushion early allows you to better ride those out. Whereas teams with real awful starts are playing catchup most of the year.

Reactions: ERYX and sipowicz

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Go Jets Go.
We're sitting 2nd in overall goal differential at +17 (Rangers are +19 and the next best after us is +9)

All stregth goal differential is a powerful predictor of future results... so that's a really good sign (although the sample size is small, as you said)

If we were 6-0 with a +5, I'd be more concerned. Save percentage will dip and the powerplay will go cold at some point, and we will in fact lose a game or two lol

Reactions: Aggie204

Moloch

Mar 15, 2024
Theres a chance we beat seattle, a smaller chance we beat the flames, and an even smaller chance we beat the leafs, so it'll come in the next week im sure. But as many others have said, gotta ride this high while its.. high.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Glad to see there can still be some negativity around here, even with an undefeated team!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad