Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Wild 1 in OT

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Guys are finding ways to win - and they looked pretty good tonight for the most part.
That snipe was a beauty - KC is a shooter that very few in this league stack up to.
I thought our D looked much better tonight - more calm, less panic - and I'm warming up to that 3rd pair (especially Fleury).
That's 3 wins - 0 losses - can't complain too much

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
For the Corsi Scheifele/Connor hater club ... I'm going to keep track this year.
Three straight games Scheifele/Connor have out scored what they gave up even thou they were on the ice for 2 goals which imo were not there fault.
3-0 wins.

The real test is whether or not you can count the number of players on the ice when it happens.

A few posters apparently failing the test.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The real test is whether or not you can count the number of players on the ice when it happens.

Yup, our top 6 so far haven't scored a 5 on 5 goal yet. But we are playing solid hockey and winning in other ways. I'm sure we will get some more offensive chemistry over the next few games and the goals will come.

Reactions: Jack7222 and GNP

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

I'll let the NHL know that those goals shouldn't count because they weren't 5v5

Only goals at 5v5 are approved by spreadsheet-loving statsnerds. All others shall be forgotten

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Jets looking good defensively, need to get the 2nd line going offensively.

You don't expect a ton of offense from the Lowry line and the top line can't be the only one producing. It should be a top priority to get the second line showing up on the scoreboard.

Would be nice to give Lambert a shot. He's probably not as good defensively, but he could inject more creativity and finish.
It’s weird how Ehlers is such a play driver normally, but right now he’s not driving anything.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Sponsor
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
winning-zach-galifianakis.gif

Thanks Jets!
I hate the wild, the Stars are in Dallas, I miss the Dino Ciccarelli days of hockey:)

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Sponsor
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Question for all yall...

Moving forward, would you rather have Haydn Fleury or Declan Chisholm on the bottom pair?
Fleury.
I'd also like Rutger to be a Jet, will be a rockstar in Pittsburgh.I didn't get, the Jacob Trouba vibes from him.:mad:

F**ked up there, Jets brass.

He'll do well.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
That 2nd line isn't working at all. I'd be tempted to put Cole in the middle and move Iafallo up, or even call up Lambert. Ehlers needs more speed on that line, Vlady and Perfetti play to slow for him.
I'd be tempted to move Ehlers to the top line instead of Vilardi. Then have Cole between Vilardi and Vlad or someone else.

All in all, we're keeping the puck out.

Fleury.
I'd also like Rutger to be a Jet, will be a rockstar in Pittsburgh.I didn't get, the Jacob Trouba vibes from him.:mad:

F**ked up there, Jets brass.

He'll do well.
Maybe, he is so far really struggling but that could change. Maybe a couple years on the AHL.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If they can sort out the ENP line, they would put the league on notice.

I love the evolution of Sambergs game!

It’s weird how Ehlers is such a play driver normally, but right now he’s not driving anything.
I feel the same way as the above 2 posters. I'm very happy to see the Jets win, and they played a very solid game, from the goaltender, defense, and forwards. Defenceman looking pretty good.

I'd really like to see that Ehlers line, and especially Ehlers lift his game, and be the play driver we usually see. Seems a bit invisible out there, whereas usually he's the most noticeable. I'd very much like to see the Jets try and jump start that line, by pulling out Perfetti, or Names and plugging in the speedy Lambert, or Chibrikov. See what happens ? I think a lot of posters may say if we're winning, leave things alone, but I'd really like to see Ehlers get on track, and we'd be very tough to beat, if that 2nd line started to click.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Sponsor
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Rutger has 2 seasons or so to ride Sid and Gino's coat-tails to rockstar-dom, then he's on his own

That franchise will be a sad state of affairs in 5 years
That's ok, I hate the Pens, but the kid will do well.
He's a Brady Tkachuk kind of guy, whom I'd love, to be a Jet, not a Senator.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Third line has been our most consistent line which I don't think there's much disagreement. Our top 6 has been kind of blah. Second line in particular has been non existent. I think ehlers is trying hard, a bit to hard, perhaps to over compensate for Perfetti and Names. Maybe lack of preseason and TC due to Perfetti’s "hold out" hurting their chemistry early on?

Reactions: LowLefty and GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It looks like my TSN3 subscription is a good investment. The game was frustrating at times but that goal at the end of the first period was a thing of beauty.

Anyone else have the feeling that half the team didn't really come to play tonight? I'm expecting a sheaf of comments from Oscar the Grouch along the lines of "Oh, was Ehlers on the ice?"

Bring on the Sharks! I'll be out that night but I'm looking forward to Arniel continuing his undefeated streak as the Jets' head coach.
Nice to see Inanna back posting again. She adds a little different perspective, and tons of character to our forum. :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: bebob and voyageur

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Question for all yall...

Moving forward, would you rather have Haydn Fleury or Declan Chisholm on the bottom pair?
Fleury has been a nice addition. I like the way that left side of the defense skates...there's always a d-man who can join the rush. Hard to see either Stanley or Heinola bumping him if he keeps it up and is steady on the PK...I think Chevy did well here in the bargain shopping department.

Reactions: Luc Labelle and GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Third line has been our most consistent line which I don't think there's much disagreement. Our top 6 has been kind of blah. Second line in particular has been non existent. I think ehlers is trying hard, a bit to hard, perhaps to over compensate for Perfetti and Names. Maybe lack of preseason and TC due to Perfetti’s "hold out" hurting their chemistry early on?
Yes, right on the money here. Ehlers really needs to get his act together, and if he does, this team will be very tough to beat. I think Ehlers needs another speed guy to play with - Lambert ? maybe Barron ?

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
I'll let the NHL know that those goals shouldn't count because they weren't 5v5

Only goals at 5v5 are approved by spreadsheet-loving statsnerds. All others shall be forgotten

"scheifele and connor are outscoring the opposition!"
"that's because they are on the powerplay"
"I don't care about dem spreadsheets!!"

cant even tell if you're trolling or just genuinely so confused that you're not even aware you're confused.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
People are complaining too much about line 2. They started slow last year as well and Fly was invisible the first couple of weeks that season as well.

They got going and where one of our best and most dangerous lines and will get things going again.

They played a pretty solid foundementals game today. Now all they need to do is to layer on the scoring chances to that foundation. Given our start we have time to let that develop.

Also there will likely be times when the second line is red hot and while other lines are having a tough go of it. We are only three games in, no sense to panic especially as they are improving each game.

Reactions: Bigfish

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
1st overall, factoring in goal differential. 79 wins away from my prediction. Get her done.

Sharks next. No Celebrini. Too bad for that.

Will that be the game we see Bug Eyes? Sad we lost Kakhonen on waivers, especially within the division to the Crapalanche.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yes, right on the money here. Ehlers really needs to get his act together, and if he does, this team will be very tough to beat. I think Ehlers needs another speed guy to play with - Lambert ? maybe Barron ?
Doubt they call up Lambert. Doubt we see any big changes while they are winning tbh. Ehlers has made it work with the likes off Stastny, Copp, Names previously, Eakin a whole bunch of others of varying play styles or skill levels. I have confidence in the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad