Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1728707344231.png

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Difference between last year's Jets and the previous 2-3 years was that they finally started beating weak teams. In those previous years they would do well against good teams and let up against weak ones.

I had visions of that tonight, but they pulled it out in the end.

Had to like Scheif's 2 goals and Ehlers' 2 assists but the player who stood out to me was Fleury. He is trying to keep that job.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Difference between last year's Jets and the previous 2-3 years was that they finally started beating weak teams. In those previous years they would do well against good teams and let up against weak ones.

Had to like Scheif's 2 goals and Ehlers' 2 assists but the player who stood out to me was Fleury. He is trying to keep that job.
Fleury has some size too, 6' 4" 207 lbs

Reactions: GNP and AlaskaJet

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Helle looked good.

Connor just for a while now, is such a vanilla player. Floating around, on the perimeter… They won’t do a lot if he continues this trend.

Attended this one in person. It got loud like the old days when they tied it up. I genuinely miss that. That rink is such a funeral most games.
Yeah and what's with all those goals that Connor scores? They won't do a lot if he keeps doing that!

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Pretty sure Ehlers only had 1 assist last night.

Reactions: GNP

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Neal Pionk really channeling his 21 playoff performance there....games with Minnesota are usually good...I think Sunday will be fun.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Pretty sure Ehlers only had 1 assist last night.
You are correct. And much as I love him, he stunk tonight. Honestly thought I was watching shades of Burmistrov. Yeesh, get it together man.

Pionk saved the game and upended Bedard. Seemed motivated and I enjoyed his game tonight.

Miller and Fleury both looked good tonight. Samberg was quietly solid. Morrissey struggled at points - quite odd.

Thought the Jets overall outplayed the Hawks, but they certainly gave up plenty of chances. Also thought Helle should have had the shutout and I'm guessing he's kicking himself over that goal, but he stopped lots of quality chances.

Felt like a trap game from the perspective of being there. After the 6-0 win against the Oilers it seemed the Jets came in taking the Hawks lightly. Some definite bad luck and good goaltending from the Chicago netminder and it didn't look good after the Hawks scored. Fefe butternipples with the pair though and we all go home happy.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
That was my first live game in over 5 years.

It was a lacklustre game until Scheifele turned it up a notch...Who doesn't like the effort on the GTG.

So far 81-55-13 are playing to their strengths. Creating scoring chances.

2nd line is nearly invisible. Ehlers with 3 giveaways on backhand passes. But I like seeing him playing more between the circles. Perfetti to me is invisible out there. Auspicious start to follow an auspicious finish last year. Hard to say that Lambert couldn't add something to that line.

Arniel tried to break up 2/3 lines, which only led to more defensive zone time.

4th line had 3 dominant possession shifts where they were hungrier on the puck. Dogging it...play like that in the OZ bound to get a bounce or penalty drawn sooner or later.

Defense was nervewaracking.

On the defensive side I thought De Melo and Samberg were strong.

Morrissey was a little off tonight.

I can see why Pionk gives people anxiety. There was an audible gasp when it looked like he was going to get another own goal clearing the puck out of the crease. Lost in d zone coverage more than once. Pinch gave up the goal against. But it was a nice hit he got on Bedard. And his play as the last man back with an empty net, to win the board position saved the game. Though we all know who really saved the game. 1st star.

I am going to say so far I like Fleury's speed on defense and shot blocking more than Miller's shot. Which he hasn't used much.

Lastly Luke Richardson has a pretty good structure in place for the Hawks...they played well enough, certainly less defensive breakdowns than the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $681.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00