Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Hawks 1 in OT

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
After staying awake for the entire game on Wednesday night, Mr. Sandman caught up to me and I didn't even make it to the first intermission. Missed the entire second period and most of the third, but I was awake for what counted...the comeback! At least the Jets did not lose this game, so all is not lost. Certainly need to work on the powerkill, that's for sure...

I give this game three Swedish Chefs out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Minnesota Mild has been posted for your guesses. I need a volunteer to make the GDT for the game on Sunday...

giphy.gif

See you all then...

giphy.gif

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
And the one goal was one that any NHL goalie saves 99 out of 100 times.

Not going to nitpick, though. He stoned the Hawks on a handful of great chances.
I think Donato made a great fake to the glove side before sniping it short side. It was a nearly perfect shot. I think we are pretty spoiled by awesome goaltending if people are seriously complaining about that goal.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I hated most of that game. Second period was way too loose in execution. How much of that is lack of chemistry, I wonder. Ehlers and Perfetti go together like pop rocks and coke. The defense was pretty good, outside of Pionk's misread leading to that rush chance against. Hellebuyck could have had that shot, I thought. I won't begrudge him missing it, though - he's made far harder saves. Hawks are really good at clogging up the NZ. Jets need to play with a _lot_ more pace and not let other teams control play.
I disagree. They had quite a few chances through out the game but couldn't get a bounce or a tip to go their way. Second period they went to bed and you could see it coming but I think overall was a decent game. They had the puck in Chicagos end most of the game. Bedard was invisible.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Not sure if confetti is going to make any line look good…. Still early though…here’s hoping.

Chicago played the road game they have to play with their limited talent.. and it almost worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP and AlaskaJet

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
found a way to bury one late and got it done in ot, gonna be a few more games of guys miss handling the puck until they get their hands back, was expecting ehlers to come out of the gate hot but he was not good tonight... he just made stupid decisions with the puck with careless turnovers

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
They’re going to need a stronger performance on the offensive side from both the Scheifele line and the Ehlers line against Minnesota. Wild will play them just as tough as Chicago and Kaprizov is a real threat that can dominate games.

Reactions: GNP and AlaskaJet

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Helle looked good.

Connor just for a while now, is such a vanilla player. Floating around, on the perimeter… They won’t do a lot if he continues this trend.

Attended this one in person. It got loud like the old days when they tied it up. I genuinely miss that. That rink is such a funeral most games.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Was at the game tonight. I swear Ehlers would be great at working at 222-2222 making and serving pizzas from what I saw tonight. lol. Otherwise the team needs adjustments here and there.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $681.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 2