Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Hawks 1 in OT

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Glad to get the 2 points but that was overall a subpar game from the Jets starting from the first PP half way through the 1st till the end of the of the 3rd.

Scheifele had a tough game till the 3rd, Connor was doing most of the work in the offensive zone on that line. But 55 obviously the hero of the game.

Namestnikov was awful, couldn't execute anything.

Another good game by the 4th line. Kupari with 2 good games in a row.

I like how Arniel mostly rolled 4 lines and tried an original adjustment swapping Ehlers and Nino and later putting Barron with Names instead of the same old moves that Bones made. Anyways, Arniel has his work cut out for him, there are lots of problems to be solved starting with that Names line. Another game or two like that from that "2nd line" and calling up Lambert has to be atleast be considered.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Glad to get the 2 points but that was overall a subpar game from the Jets starting from the first PP half way through the 1st till the end of the of the 3rd.

Scheifele had a tough game till the 3rd, Connor was doing most of the work in the offensive zone on that line. But 55 obviously the hero of the game.

Namestnikov was awful, couldn't execute anything.

Another good game by the 4th line. Kupari with 2 good games in a row.

I like how Arniel mostly rolled 4 lines and tried an original adjustment swapping Ehlers and Nino and later putting Barron with Names instead of the same old moves that Bones made. Anyways, Arniel has his work cut out for him, there are lots of problems to be solved starting with that Names line. Another game or two like that from that "2nd line" and calling up Lambert has to be atleast be considered.

I love how you somehow find a way to criticize Scheifele, but don’t mention Perfetti, who probably had his worst game as a Jet.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
3/5 Skeletons tonight, Helle kept them in this on, Scheifele better late than never, Nik good and bad, 4th line goodness ,our third d pairing isn't great but not that bad either and we are 2-0 early in the season. Big crowd goes home happy.

6ee23da15b437dd6cc229c45a73afb9d.gif6ee23da15b437dd6cc229c45a73afb9d.gif6ee23da15b437dd6cc229c45a73afb9d.gif

Attachments

• 6ee23da15b437dd6cc229c45a73afb9d.gif
    6ee23da15b437dd6cc229c45a73afb9d.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: heretik27 and hn777

Dirtbag151

Feb 6, 2021
Ehlers in mid season form for his patented skate skate skate then randomly and blindly throw a backhand pass to the middle of the ice for a turn over

Reactions: Buffdog

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I love how you somehow find a way to criticize Scheifele, but don’t mention Perfetti, who probably had his worst game as a Jet.

Well Scheifele is the 1C and Perfetti is a guy who ended the last season as a healthy scratch and plays 3rd line minutes... one player is clearly more important to the Jets success than the other. And I criticized Perfetti and that line during the GDT. Can't comment on every player in 1 post on the PGT. only the stuff that stands out.

Shlep

Sep 13, 2024
Bad start to the season for the 2nd line, I'm not concerned about any of them figuring it out though.

3rd line continues to dominate. Has been the case since the Jets traded for Nino.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Well Scheifele is the 1C and Perfetti is a guy who ended the last season as a healthy scratch and plays 3rd line minutes... one player is clearly more important to the Jets success than the other. And I criticized Perfetti and that line during the GDT. Can't comment on every player in 1 post on the PGT. only the stuff that stands out.
Ehlers didn't stand out as terrible?

He did to the rest of us

Reactions: Dirtbag151

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Coaching staff: ok boys, let’s play a 60 minute game.

Scheifele: nah, 5 minutes will do just fine. :thumbu:

Was it mentioned why Sara Orlesky is back? What happened to Liu?

Shlep

Sep 13, 2024
Coaching staff: ok boys, let’s play a 60 minute game.

Scheifele: nah, 5 minutes will do just fine. :thumbu:

Was it mentioned why Sara Orlesky is back? What happened to Liu?
Wasn't a masterpiece, but there wasn't any real point where I felt like the Jets were the worse team either.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The second line needs more reps - it's early.
I'd like them to come out of the chute firing on all 8 but that might be unfair.
This group played well together LY for a good stretch - I think we need to see a few more games before we pull the plug.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $656.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00