Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 11: Solid Return Season Completed, How Does Next Season Go For the Big Finn?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Honestly if next year we get placed in a position of choosing between him and Yamamoto, it is currently a no Brainer.

A love the personality. He's way bigger, he's faster, better shot, better defensively, more skill. I really hope we can keep this player in our core and he continues to grow

Sign him for 8 years please

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
ive been wrong on here multiple times every season but i was never wrong on JP98 im glad holland convinced him to stay. hes turning into every bit of the player he was billed to be and why everyone on the oilers staf was so excited when the jackets took dubois.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Puljujarvi at 5m a year would become a quick whipping boy for fans:
I'm pretty sure they could give him $10M and it still wouldn't be possible. Look at this man

Edmonton-Oilers-Jesse-Puljujarvi-NHL.png

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
He looks like he is going to break thru into a top star in the league sign him asap don't make the Nurse mistake who should have been signed long term with his first RFA we could have had Nurse for another 6 seasons at around 5 million if they did

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
100% this. Whenever I read those post with users suggesting players usage should be limited, no PP time etc. due to upcoming contracts, I honestly wonder what kind of fantasy world these people live in? It's a similar train of thought to those who suggested we ship out expiring UFAs like Barrie and Larsson at the last deadline :help:
You play to win, stats and contracts be damned. Anything else is simply bush-league / Mickey Mouse.
80% of the people disagree here. Fan boys here trying to limit jp's point totals is the best recipe to killing his confidence when it took more than 4 yrs since his draft to finally get him going. This is a player who can score 40 goals a season.

Reactions: PulYou

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Anyone else seeing huge Selke potential with Pulju? Guy literally never takes a shit or back check off. And is crazy effective at it. Add the offense which you need as well for Selke contention and I think it's in the cards some time in his career.
I definitely see the potential, but with awards like Selke, it's not enough to be one of the best defensive forwards, you also have to be recognized as such which is a totally different thing altogether. If Jesse can manage to consistently play great two-way hockey while putting up 70+ point seasons and starts to get the hype needed for such an award, why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad