Prospect Info: Jesse Kiiskinen -RW

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
This Kiiskinen <> Gibson trade had nothing to do with Walman.

It was just a prospect swap.

Think Kiiskinen was 2nd youngest and played 2nd most games (38 games) of Liiga-rookies. Pelicans was just strong team where could not fit to scoring role. Situation at HPK could totally change this next year.

But good indicator is that rare 18-year old is that good defensively, to be used at Bottom6 role.

Only Emil Hemming, 2024 draftee, was younger than Kiiskinen, played 40 games, scored 1 point more.
Pure coincidence that the 2nd round pick involved in the trade was used about an hour later in the Walman transaction...

[Insert Baghdad Bob pic here]

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Pure coincidence that the 2nd round pick involved in the trade was used about an hour later in the Walman transaction...

Yeah, he could have used Red Wings own 2nd.

But this time it went different.

Multiple negotiations happening at same time - amazing.

GMs doing their work.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I'm curious, if Kiiskinen ends up a valuable player where Gibson isn't, are people still going to be crying about 'throwing away a 2nd rd pick' in dumping Walman? Who am I kidding, of course they will.

But from what I can tell, so far it looks like Yzerman upgraded a prospect and got paid to do it, and he used that excess value to move on from Walman no strings attached. Pretty shrewd piece of business IMO.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm curious, if Kiiskinen ends up a valuable player where Gibson isn't, are people still going to be crying about 'throwing away a 2nd rd pick' in dumping Walman? Who am I kidding, of course they will.

But from what I can tell, so far it looks like Yzerman upgraded a prospect and got paid to do it, and he used that excess value to move on from Walman no strings attached. Pretty shrewd piece of business IMO.

It's very interesting, how Yzerman forced Trotz to overpay a 2nd in this situation.

And on that time, we really had somewaht bad balance on prospects, not too many forwards, heavily defence.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
Every time I play this video it is very clearly playing at an accelerated speed. Is it like that for everyone? And are you guys factoring that into your judgements on his speed/acceleration?
Whatever speed the video is playing, he is clearly pulling away from the defenders.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Every time I play this video it is very clearly playing at an accelerated speed. Is it like that for everyone? And are you guys factoring that into your judgements on his speed/acceleration?

This is from his draft year. The kid clearly looks pretty fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad