Tribute Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Goodbye and Good Luck part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
Yeah, the Canucks just signed Hughes to a six-year, $47.1 million contract (average annual value $7.85 million). I guess they really regret drafting him. As opposed to Montreal who wasn't willing to match a a one year $6.1 offer sheet for KK. This is an organization that continues to shoot itself in the foot. We are pathetic.

Not to be argumentative, but you're comparing QH to KK?

imnothere

Jan 9, 2006
Yeah, the Canucks just signed Hughes to a six-year, $47.1 million contract (average annual value $7.85 million). I guess they really regret drafting him. As opposed to Montreal who wasn't willing to match a one year $6.1 offer sheet for KK. This is an organization that continues to shoot itself in the foot. We are pathetic.
It's almost as if they're completely different players.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
What game? Yesterday's? Aho and Teravainen weren't playing.

I obviously did not watch the game (wtf would anyone watch a pre-season game between Carolina and Nashville?) but the funny thing outside of the fact Aho and Tera did not play is Carolina seems to have dominated this game. Nashville had 17 shots on goal and won 48% of their faceoffs while Carolina had 37 shots and won 52% of their faceoffs. Also Carolina pretty much had an AHL lineup on the ice. The 5 most used forwards were Stepan, Jarvis, Fast, Drury and JK. Outside of JK this top 5 is constituted of 2 kids with no NHL experience, a washed up vet and a bottom 6 guy.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
I obviously did not watch the game (wtf would anyone watch a pre-season game between Carolina and Nashville?) but the funny thing outside of the fact Aho and Tera did not play is Carolina seems to have dominated this game. Nashville had 17 shots on goal and won 48% of their faceoffs while Carolina had 37 shots and won 52% of their faceoffs. Also Carolina pretty much had an AHL lineup on the ice. The 4 most used forwards were Stepan, Jarvis, Fast, Drury and JK. Outside of JK this top 5 is constituted of 2 kids with no NHL experience, a washed up vet and a bottom 6 guy.

So Canes wanted to test their youngsters. For a team that is playing only 4 pre season games, that's a luxury.

Will we ever lknow what Canes were offering th Habs to get KK in a trade ?

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
The Canes also has DeAngelo, that is enough for me to hate them, I don't really care about Kotka. It will be interesting when they play away at the MSG to see what the reactions are from the fans and the players! :)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
So Canes wanted to test their youngsters. For a team that is playing only 4 pre season games, that's a luxury.

Will we ever lknow what Canes were offering th Habs to get KK in a trade ?

That would be interesting to know.
Was the 1st n 3rd > or < than the OS return.
My guess is the OS was better than trade but that means little.
But if OS was better and Montreal lost confidence in KK its the best they could do.

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
Just like many young players that preceded him (Galchenyuk, Mete just to name a few), he was rushed just like the rest. I’ve said it a thousand times since the Galchenyuk draft, Montreal made bad mistakes with them. They should have sent them back to juniors for a year then let them play in the AHL. I hope they won’t do the same mistake with Guhle

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
So funny how the narrative on KK here has completely changed since he's no longer a Hab.

Before this, I got lambasted, harassed, and attacked relentlessly for telling it like it is about KK. Now suddenly everyone sees the same things I've been seeing for past year+. Lol. Just proves that most people here can't be objective and their opinions are based around what they want to happen, rather than reality. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Its insane. I'm looking at this thread to maybe understand how he's doing in Carolina and suddenly everyone is demeaning towards Kotkaniemi. A couple months ago during the p'ayoffs? They were all shitting on Ducharme for not playing him.

for the record, I still think he has potential as a "project", but the Canes are taking over a 21 years old that did not progress since 18. Instead of being ready at 23-24 he might be ready at 24-25... as a 50-60 pts guy

Good luck Kotkaniemi, im glad you evaded the crutches of Montreal's horrible development system

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Its insane. I'm looking at this thread to maybe understand how he's doing in Carolina and suddenly everyone is demeaning towards Kotkaniemi. A couple months ago during the p'ayoffs? They were all shitting on Ducharme for not playing him.

for the record, I still think he has potential as a "project", but the Canes are taking over a 21 years old that did not progress since 18. Instead of being ready at 23-24 he might be ready at 24-25... as a 50-60 pts guy

Good luck Kotkaniemi, im glad you evaded the crutches of Montreal's horrible development system

Habs were bad with him and I wished they would have kept him. But he is with the enemy now. I think it doesn't make sense to even have a thread about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad