Value of: Jesper Bratt (and Timo Meier)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
During the game against Arizona, I believe it was, Fitzgerald let it be known that there is an offer currently on the table for Bratt.

Word going around is Fitz is trying to keep all of his forwards as close to Jack Hughes as possible.

Obviously nothing has been signed yet but I think it’s important to lock him up before trying to re-sign Meier.

Hoping Bratt signs soon but what do you think his cap will be? I’ll guess Bratt gets locked up for 6 years at 7-7.5 per.

After he’s all sorted out Meier is next. I’m hoping we can lock him up for 8.5 per but it’s going to be tricky. Fitz will have to sell him on the concept that taking a lower salary will mean more success for the team.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
I would bet that Bratt will 100% sit and wait for NJ to sign Meier and then say "give me the same". Given the tensions in the past he has no reason to accept his deal before they sign their golden acquisition. They should make similar money.

My guess is both settle in around $8.5-9 million.

Reactions: Michoulicious

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
I would bet that Bratt will 100% sit and wait for NJ to sign Meier and then say "give me the same". Given the tensions in the past he has no reason to accept his deal before they sign their golden acquisition. They should make similar money.

My guess is both settle in around $8.5-9 million.
While I agree the Devils obviously acquired Meier to play on the team alongside Bratt.. I could see the pressure to get a deal done before Meier does

If Meier gets signed and Bratt holds tough in negotiations, it could end up making him expendable. And not in the sense that NJ doesnt need him but moreso in the vein that they are 3rd in the league with Meier having played one game; so remove Bratt for Meier and its pretty even about to the same team.

Bratt would be smart to tell his agent 'hey, Id like to get paid but dont get me traded doing it'. Cause idt Fitz is the one to play with here

Reactions: Lateralous

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
While I agree the Devils obviously acquired Meier to play on the team alongside Bratt.. I could see the pressure to get a deal done before Meier does

If Meier gets signed and Bratt holds tough in negotiations, it could end up making him expendable. And not in the sense that NJ doesnt need him but moreso in the vein that they are 3rd in the league with Meier having played one game; so remove Bratt for Meier and its pretty even about to the same team.

Bratt would be smart to tell his agent 'hey, Id like to get paid but dont get me traded doing it'. Cause idt Fitz is the one to play with here
Would be happy to swap off Bratt to Carolina if they can't sign him. Does he have 1 year or 2 years of RFA left? I assume arbitration could be an option.

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
Would be happy to swap off Bratt to Carolina if they can't sign him. Does he have 1 year or 2 years of RFA left? I assume arbitration could be an option.
One year of RFA left but I doubt hes ever moved unless its in a hockey trade, aka a one for one or at least one for one based package

Also in-division is super tough. Wouldnt wanna piss him off and then send him to our biggest competitor right now

Reactions: HBK27

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Neither should accept anything under 9. I suspect Timo might actually just take the QO if the offer is 7.5.

Doubt Bratt would take a lower number either when he seemed prepared to hold out last year for the high number.

Sparkleton

Nov 9, 2021
I doubt both guys end up under 8 let alone 9 for Meier

Im guessing 9 flat for Meier and 8.25 for Bratt, but Bratts deal being six years and Meier's being eight

Out of curiosity, why would Bratt sign for anything less than 8 years? It doesn’t really make sense for him even if the short term earns a little more up front.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Neither should accept anything under 9. I suspect Timo might actually just take the QO if the offer is 7.5.

Doubt Bratt would take a lower number either when he seemed prepared to hold out last year for the high number.
What good team with cap space pays Bratt $9 mil per over seven years as a UFA? I'm skeptical. He's a very good player but I expect most teams would see him as a complementary guy. Meier, sure, I can see a team offering him $9. My guess is that team is not higher than NJ in the standings and doesn't have three other Swiss guys on the team that he recently went on vacation with. I'd expect Meier to concede a bit and maybe settle for $8.5 to $8.75 mil per over 8. That's more than he'd get at $9.5 mil over 7.

Reactions: NHL Fanatik

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I think Meier will sign probably around the 9 others have mentioned here, Bratt on the other hand, his agent appears to not want to negotiate at all, Fitz has been quoted about sending an offer and having it just sit there, without a counter or even a response.
It really seems like neither Bratt or his agent could be bothered to even try.

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
Out of curiosity, why would Bratt sign for anything less than 8 years? It doesn’t really make sense for him even if the short term earns a little more up front.
Because hes had two negotiations gone awry and Im willing to bet his agent wants 9. So if you drop two years you can bring the AAV down as well as Bratt can get another decent contract at 31.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
During the game against Arizona, I believe it was, Fitzgerald let it be known that there is an offer currently on the table for Bratt.

Word going around is Fitz is trying to keep all of his forwards as close to Jack Hughes as possible.

Obviously nothing has been signed yet but I think it’s important to lock him up before trying to re-sign Meier.

Hoping Bratt signs soon but what do you think his cap will be? I’ll guess Bratt gets locked up for 6 years at 7-7.5 per.

After he’s all sorted out Meier is next. I’m hoping we can lock him up for 8.5 per but it’s going to be tricky. Fitz will have to sell him on the concept that taking a lower salary will mean more success for the team.
I didnt like the way this sounded earlier today

Sparkleton

Nov 9, 2021
Because hes had two negotiations gone awry and Im willing to bet his agent wants 9. So if you drop two years you can bring the AAV down as well as Bratt can get another decent contract at 31.
Wouldn’t Bratt want a decent contract with 2 more years now? Seems risky to sign for 6 years when you can get 8 years now.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I honestly don’t see how NJ can afford resigning him and Meier and have Mercer due next summer.

if both Hughes and Nemec start their ELC will give them some breathing room the next 3 years but after then it could be hard

in 24/25 season it might be $42M for those 6 F, $25M for D and G. That leaves the team around $18M for 8 players. Those next 2 years (26/27 and 27/28) could be difficult.

it will be interesting to see what they do.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
Wouldn’t Bratt want a decent contract with 2 more years now? Seems risky to sign for 6 years when you can get 8 years now.
Itd require the Devils to match his number for the seventh and eighth year which is difficult given how much talent NJ has

Thats why I made the compromise of losing two years. If he wants eight he likely wants 9 and idt we can do that. Meier scores more goals and fills more of a need.

I honestly don’t see how NJ can afford resigning him and Meier and have Mercer due next summer.

if both Hughes and Nemec start their ELC will give them some breathing room the next 3 years but after then it could be hard

in 24/25 season it might be $42M for those 6 F, $25M for D and G. That leaves the team around $18M for 8 players. Those next 2 years (26/27 and 27/28) could be difficult.

it will be interesting to see what they do.
Palat will likely be gone by year 3 of his deal as well. That money then goes to Mercer

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
What good team with cap space pays Bratt $9 mil per over seven years as a UFA? I'm skeptical. He's a very good player but I expect most teams would see him as a complementary guy. Meier, sure, I can see a team offering him $9. My guess is that team is not higher than NJ in the standings and doesn't have three other Swiss guys on the team that he recently went on vacation with. I'd expect Meier to concede a bit and maybe settle for $8.5 to $8.75 mil per over 8. That's more than he'd get at $9.5 mil over 7.
Dylan Larkin just got 8x8.7. Yeah DL is a center and the C but never an 80 pt player. Not far from Bratt. Yes there are differences but

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
Dylan Larkin just got 8x8.7. Yeah DL is a center and the C but never an 80 pt player. Not far from Bratt. Yes there are differences but
That deal may be inflated by about 500-750k since Detroit really needed him to stay. Devils, while yes Bratt is very important for us, really dont have the same pressure here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad