Jersey Ads

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I’ll file this under “things I don’t give a crap about.” The League lost money during Covid, ads are a way to make some of it back, it’s something we have to live with. Panthers ownership paid all their employees during the lockdown, if I have to see the Cup patch hug the captain patches on 3 jerseys, I’ll live with it.

In the grand scheme, they’re in the Finals, they did right during the pandemic, and this postseason has been amazing.

Soooo, who cares.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I’ll file this under “things I don’t give a crap about.” The League lost money during Covid, ads are a way to make some of it back, it’s something we have to live with. Panthers ownership paid all their employees during the lockdown, if I have to see the Cup patch hug the captain patches on 3 jerseys, I’ll live with it.

In the grand scheme, they’re in the Finals, they did right during the pandemic, and this postseason has been amazing.

Soooo, who cares.
Funny how all these teams are so generous yet they never reduce ticket prices, even during a down economy. These teams will do anything for a buck, which is why there's logos slapped all over the ice, boards, and even the glass now on TV. Sorry, but it's a disgrace. The team lost some money during Covid? Guess what: everyone on the planet lost money. Instead of clearing 23 mil in revenue you clear 16 mil for a couple years. There's not one NHL owner missing a meal. Soon logos will be everywhere like the clubs in Europe. It's a joke.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Funny how all these teams are so generous yet they never reduce ticket prices, even during a down economy. These teams will do anything for a buck, which is why there's logos slapped all over the ice, boards, and even the glass now on TV. Sorry, but it's a disgrace. The team lost some money during Covid? Guess what: everyone on the planet lost money. Instead of clearing 23 mil in revenue you clear 16 mil for a couple years. There's not one NHL owner missing a meal. Soon logos will be everywhere like the clubs in Europe. It's a joke.
Who’s to say that’s all they lost? And 7 mil for how many years? I’ve heard several different numbers.

That said, it’s absurd any athlete or professional pretender makes the money that they do just because they play a game or can act well. Problem is, they do charge more, we keep paying it, and all the actors want a cut. Basketball players make how much?? But why should it also go to just the owners? TV deals play a roll in that as does what they do to their bodies to play, but still. It’s a game or movie/show.

So, until all that changes, and it won’t, I expect further stupidity and just don’t care. At least they do give back or do pay their employees, though other franchises didn’t. Have no respect for that

Reactions: Boxscore

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Who’s to say that’s all they lost? And 7 mil for how many years? I’ve heard several different numbers.

That said, it’s absurd any athlete or professional pretender makes the money that they do just because they play a game or can act well. Problem is, they do charge more, we keep paying it, and all the actors want a cut. Basketball players make how much?? But why should it also go to just the owners? TV deals play a roll in that as does what they do to their bodies to play, but still. It’s a game or movie/show.

So, until all that changes, and it won’t, I expect further stupidity and just don’t care. At least they do give back or do pay their employees, though other franchises didn’t. Have no respect for that
Hi Gary

Reactions: CTHabsfan

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
21f6ebc2-d00e-47f2-8136-f098a4e1a987-IMG_IMG_Henrik_Zetterber_1_.jpeg

At least we didn't willingly design it that way.....

Jeremy Hronek

Aug 18, 2009
chilliwack , bc

Soooo, who cares.
Except they will never take the ads off ever. Even when they are done paying off the money they lost. Give it 5 years and they will have ads on the shoulders and pants. Give the owners and inch and they will keep exploiting it.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Next season, Bettman and owners-" well, errr, yeah, about those ads. We had to remove player's names from jerseys so we could fit ads on their backs. Sorry not sorry. Did I mention we plan on permanently stamping ads on the Stanley Cup between teams?... No?! Gary, err....you tell them.."

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I
People will complain about anything.
It's almost like they're sick of corporate sponsorship being crammed into every square inch of the game, such as distracting digital advertising superimposed over the boards on tv, and now tainting jerseys with ads. Complain? The nerve!

*this reply sponsored by Preparation H hemorrhoid ointment

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Except they will never take the ads off ever. Even when they are done paying off the money they lost. Give it 5 years and they will have ads on the shoulders and pants. Give the owners and inch and they will keep exploiting it.
Most likely, yes. Not a huge fan of it, but it really doesn’t matter to me. I mean, it’s funny seeing Tik Tok ads out there, Top Golf and a few others, but it really doesn’t matter to me. Totally get why it bothers most. Tbh I thought I’d hate it, but I’ve found that I really don’t care.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
I
It's almost like they're sick of corporate sponsorship being crammed into every square inch of the game, such as distracting digital advertising superimposed over the boards on tv, and now tainting jerseys with ads. Complain? The nerve!

*this reply sponsored by Preparation H hemorrhoid ointment
"This tripping minor bought to you by Expedia, book your next trip with us." :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad