Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 51 22.4%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • Trade

Votes: 113 49.6%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

BOSTON — Boston Bruins president Cam Neely suggested Monday that the team has made an eight-year offer to unsigned restricted free agent goaltender Jeremy Swayman at $8 million annually.

“I don’t want to get into the weeds with what his ask is,” Neely said at a news conference at TD Garden. “But I know that I have 64 million reasons why I’d be playing right now.”

Neely did not disclose what Swayman’s ask has been but said he was surprised by it.

So far, Swayman is holding firm to his demand. It aligns with his personality of not backing down, especially following his uncomfortable 2023 arbitration hearing. According to Neely, Swayman wants to set a new market for goalies, specifically ones under team control.

“What his ask is and what we believe his comp group is,” Neely said, “are two different things.”

General manager Don Sweeney said he remains in contact with Lewis Gross, Swayman’s agent. The Bruins are not interested in trading Swayman.

“Ultimately, we’re a better team, as I’ve said all along, if Jeremy is part of our hockey club,” Sweeney said. “That’s my intention. That’s my wish. I’ll continue to work to do that. I think Jeremy and the team are both hurt in this regard. That’s what I’ll do. I’ll continue to work hard to find a settling point.”

With only three preseason games left, it is likely Swayman will miss regular-season time, even if an agreement is pending. Coach Jim Montgomery designated Joonas Korpisalo as his goalie for the regular-season opener against the Florida Panthers on Oct. 8, regardless of Swayman’s situation. The Bruins have two full practices remaining in camp.

“Where we are in camp right now, with how well camp has gone and how well Korpisalo has done,” Montgomery said, “right now, he’s going to be our Game 1 starter.”

How good is the offer?​

Swayman would become the fifth-highest-paid goalie in the NHL under the Bruins’ offer, behind Sergei Bobrovsky, Andrei Vasilevskiy, Connor Hellebuyck and Ilya Sorokin. Only Vasilevskiy ($9.5 million average annual value) signed his contract as a pending restricted free agent. The others were due to become unrestricted.

It is a significant payday for Swayman, considering he has never been a regular-season No. 1 goalie.

Last edited:
Reactions: nORRis8 and BMC

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
To the Bruins brass.....

Sign the kid and place all of the weight the deal comes with on his shoulders.

Stop embarrassing yourselves and this franchise.

Don't make this get any worse.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
one million percent. I could easily see him taking 4/30 say from someone. Seems like Swayman's worth to himself is more than they are willing to pay. It also seems like Swayman is finally important to the Bruins coming up to 8.
4/30 would be more than the Bruins offered if we are to believe the 4 year deal that was a "slap in the face" at 6.2 for 4 years.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Who’s more credible, friedman or Seravalli?

Because friedman says the 64 million offer was real and Seravalli says it was 62 mil and Cam was lying about 64 mil.
To clarify, Friedman said it was offered but only after the presser, iicrc. So it was a lie.

And to me, if I was Swayman, and they tried to lie in the press conference, I wouldn’t sign here for any amount of money. I’d do the Denis Lemieux move and say trade me right f***ing now and move on. No chance I’d come back to deal with a liar.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
They've made a more than reasonable offer. Swayman need to pull his head out of his behind and stop embarrassing himself.
Cap is going up to 92.5 mil next and the bruins remarkably have zero dead cap space next year. 9 mil per isn’t the end of the world for them

• Haha
Reactions: BBruins

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
8 years, $70M. Let’s get this done and get on with the season.

I want to be excited about the Bruins and the upcoming year. This has killed it for me.
I so agree. They are a fun bunch to watch (last night was a blast) and I hate having this Swayman signing hanging over the team like a dark cloud.

I don't want any bad vibes with what should be a great start to the season.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I’m beginning to wonder if any GM would interested in Mr. Swayman.

We should have had a Sits the Year 4th option in this poll.

Sits for the year is actually impossible. Nobody should vote for it.

If Sway were to actually do that, he is the dumbest athlete in the NHL. And he'd deserve every bit of misery coming.

You fire your agent on the eve of Dec 1, and you sign.

Reactions: Bodit9

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
This nonsense has become a horrible distraction, 8x$8.25m BAFO from Bruins, take it or go home. Even then it might not be worth it as JS has clearly been permanently scarred by the ARB process. Is he going to shoot his way out of town at the very slightest adversity? Because adversity will follow a contract of that size.

Reactions: BTO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad