Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 49 22.2%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 61 27.6%
  • Trade

Votes: 111 50.2%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

BOSTON — Boston Bruins president Cam Neely suggested Monday that the team has made an eight-year offer to unsigned restricted free agent goaltender Jeremy Swayman at $8 million annually.

“I don’t want to get into the weeds with what his ask is,” Neely said at a news conference at TD Garden. “But I know that I have 64 million reasons why I’d be playing right now.”

Neely did not disclose what Swayman’s ask has been but said he was surprised by it.

So far, Swayman is holding firm to his demand. It aligns with his personality of not backing down, especially following his uncomfortable 2023 arbitration hearing. According to Neely, Swayman wants to set a new market for goalies, specifically ones under team control.

“What his ask is and what we believe his comp group is,” Neely said, “are two different things.”

General manager Don Sweeney said he remains in contact with Lewis Gross, Swayman’s agent. The Bruins are not interested in trading Swayman.

“Ultimately, we’re a better team, as I’ve said all along, if Jeremy is part of our hockey club,” Sweeney said. “That’s my intention. That’s my wish. I’ll continue to work to do that. I think Jeremy and the team are both hurt in this regard. That’s what I’ll do. I’ll continue to work hard to find a settling point.”

With only three preseason games left, it is likely Swayman will miss regular-season time, even if an agreement is pending. Coach Jim Montgomery designated Joonas Korpisalo as his goalie for the regular-season opener against the Florida Panthers on Oct. 8, regardless of Swayman’s situation. The Bruins have two full practices remaining in camp.

“Where we are in camp right now, with how well camp has gone and how well Korpisalo has done,” Montgomery said, “right now, he’s going to be our Game 1 starter.”

How good is the offer?​

Swayman would become the fifth-highest-paid goalie in the NHL under the Bruins’ offer, behind Sergei Bobrovsky, Andrei Vasilevskiy, Connor Hellebuyck and Ilya Sorokin. Only Vasilevskiy ($9.5 million average annual value) signed his contract as a pending restricted free agent. The others were due to become unrestricted.

It is a significant payday for Swayman, considering he has never been a regular-season No. 1 goalie.

Last edited:
Reactions: nORRis8 and BMC

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
8 x 8 is a more than fair offer, too much for my liking. But, I do hope that if there is a written offer of 8 x 8 presented to the Swayman camp; that there is a time frame for acceptance ; such as 48 or 72 hours to accept or refuse, and that is their best offer.

A part of me hopes the Bruins pull the offer if they don't respond timely.

Another part of me hopes that if he still refuses to sign at 8 x 8, the Bruins make sure Swayman's camp knows that was their best offer and any new offer going forward will be substantially less. That he had his chance at their max offer. That they have a team to run and he can sit. That if at some point he changes his mind they can talk, any new offer will be much less ... if they still have cap room this year.
We need resolution one way or another.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What would you like to see back from Utah ?
Dylan Guenther would have me drop everything and head off to Richardson’s for ice cream

However plan on Swayman

Brad is secretly running the organization so if he says it’s getting done - it’s getting done

I hope Brad some day wants a statue of himself at TD Garden - I would go to unveiling. Hope he has another 5 strong years

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
After reding through most of this mess....I have decided that I miss Linus.

I've often wondered what Linus thinks of this situation. I'm sure if asked he would say he's too busy prepping for the upcoming season to pay attention. However, he & Swayman were like brothers and I don't think Linus really wanted to leave Boston.

Maybe Sweeney should have figured out a way to keep both. I know a lot of people were saying it would be bad asset management to tie up so much money in 2 goaltenders but look at the shit the Bruins are in now.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Dylan Guenther would have me drop everything and head off to Richardson’s for ice cream

However plan on Swayman

Brad is secretly running the organization so if he says it’s getting done - it’s getting done

I hope Brad some day wants a statue of himself at TD Garden - I would go to unveiling. Hope he has another 5 strong years
Good choice, Guenther, I have always been high on Crouse. I hope you are wrong about Marchand, I think that is a dangerous road to go down when players have too much input.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah, but Nylander didn't change agents after that so was it spin to save face? We'll never know.
Looks somewhat simple to me. Nylander and Swayman tell or agree to have Gross
go to the mat to try to get 20-25% more than try deserve. They wait until late in the process to "step in" and become White Knights and deflect criticism.

Has any client fired Gross?

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
go to the mat to try to get 20-25% more than try deserve. They wait until late in the process to "step in" and become White Knights and deflect criticism.

Most of the PA is rooting this stuff on Sway is a long way from losing favor among the players. Best case scenario for them is that the Bruins get desperate pay him more and they do some Vegas like cap circumventing to fit his deal.

I think he messed with the wrong organization and might sit all year. We’re past the point where he can play a full season and contend for a Vezina. Gross won’t take a loss and will tank Swaymans career for his own interests and have him do more podcasts so a deal never gets done in Boston and he’s traded.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire

I was trying to find out if any client has ever fired him, and my cursory search came up empty.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Walked by Korpisalo last night after the game. He was walking out shortly after the game amongst the fans. Was either walking to get an uber or going to the harp to get blasted. no in between. Whatever happens in the basement stays in that basement
Just keep him away from Buffs in Newton Corner!

• Haha
Reactions: Bmessy

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Interesting. I would have steered him towards Jim Rockford myself. Now there's a man.
Jimmy Rockford also an excellent choice.

Of course if you want that "I can't put my finger on it, but I like it" factor I would throw out Telly Savalas in full Kojak mode. Man had some panache.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I've often wondered what Linus thinks of this situation. I'm sure if asked he would say he's too busy prepping for the upcoming season to pay attention. However, he & Swayman were like brothers and I don't think Linus really wanted to leave Boston.

Maybe Sweeney should have figured out a way to keep both. I know a lot of people were saying it would be bad asset management to tie up so much money in 2 goaltenders but look at the shit the Bruins are in now.
and at the end of the day, the b's only saved $2M since they took on a $3M backup.
i'm with you. if they chose to get a $1M goalie as a backup, maybe it makes more sense.
but they didn't.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
We hired a kid just out of college, software development. He gets his office set up, and he has the stuffed toy of some sort, that he needs to hug once in a while.

Hey, software can be rough. I have a stress ball that I sometimes squeeze, and sometimes throw at the wall. No stuffed animal, though.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I finally voted in the poll ...
Chose long term deal
Even after everything people have written, what I have written, I'm still thinking (hoping) the Bruins are a better team with Swayman then they are without.

I just have trouble believing he is worth 8 x 8 or anywhere near that at this point of his career. And I am scared to death what and how the cap hit will effect the team this year. I would feel much better if the offer was Rask money low 7s ... they need cap maneuverability, not be cap locked.

I just hope this kid knows what to expect from this fan base if he doesn't live up to expectations ... or something uncharacteristic of his previous play; this place will eat him alive.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I finally voted in the poll ...
Chose long term deal
Even after everything people have written, what I have written, I'm still thinking (hoping) the Bruins are a better team with Swayman then they are without.

I just have trouble believing he is worth 8 x 8 or anywhere near that at this point of his career. And I am scared to death what and how the cap hit will effect the team this year. I would feel much better if the offer was Rask money ... they need cap maneuverability, not be cap locked.

I just hope this kid knows what to expect from this fan base if he doesn't live up to expectations ... or something uncharacteristic of his previous play; this place will eat him alive.

Rask money is 9.6

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Hey, software can be rough. I have a stress ball that I sometimes squeeze, and sometimes throw at the wall. No stuffed animal, though.
Truth. I have a couple little bike chain fidget things I’ll flip around sometimes. Before that it was my badge or a pen. First office job i busted ass for a few years and wanted a promotion. New lady got hired, super super needy, just always having me do her work for her and never bothering to do any troubleshooting on her own first. She got promoted real quick. When i found out, i turned and launched my pen across the office. It put a hole in the wall. Not my finest hour. I quit soon after. Doubled my salary. Haven’t looked back.

But i suppose if it were a stuffed animal rather than a pen, it would’ve just made an adorable little squeaky squeaky noise instead of a hole

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988 and jgatie

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
and at the end of the day, the b's only saved $2M since they took on a $3M backup.
i'm with you. if they chose to get a $1M goalie as a backup, maybe it makes more sense.
but they didn't.
If you also consider they gave an Atlantic Division opponent an excellent goalie which will reflect in the standings directly against them it REALLY sucks.
Hope Korpi wins Vezina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad