Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 44 24.6%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 49 27.4%
  • Trade

Votes: 86 48.0%

• Total voters

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Funniest part of the whole mess was reading Lewis Gross statement lol

I followed Nylander saga basically thru Leafs HF thread for months and he was a media whore

Give me the no nonsense standup RW arguably top 2-3 in his position all time in his prime over Gross

I feel it’s likely the Bruins players are not on his side here either ~ ‘the one for all and all for one’ seems to me not applying to this kid. What he reported wants will cause player or plsyers dealt.

Saros is the comp and he has the resume

I’d still offer
4/30
6/50
8/64

Tell him pick one or you can sit out and we will eventually trade you

To me he’s very naive, gullible whatever and getting bad advice

Swayman will regret this disaster in the end.

Again, goalie with ego on the ice is perfection. Off the ice, know your place. Part of an original six team with loyal fans and history/culture.

Wholeheartedly support not being underpaid but 64 million is more than fair with his limited resume.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The Bruins consistently back burner RFA's...it's what they do. Why not hammer something out before 1. Swayman becomes the #1, 2. Before his stellar play-offs, 3. Before they deal Ullmark. They screwed up.

They never prioritize their RFA it seems and this one came back to bite them.
We don’t know if Swaymans camp was interested in negotiating a deal during the season last year, or what their ask might have been at the time. Also keep in mind he was still VERY much the 1b for the majority of the season. I highly doubt they would’ve been willing to offer him a kings ransom mid season.

And what does that tell Ullmark if Swayman gets a lucrative contract for Christmas?

I hate defending Sweeney, and I think this could’ve been handled better, (though I don’t know exactly how since I don’t know whats actually gone on) but at the end of the day it still takes two to tango here.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Hopefully they (Neely and Sweeney) kid glove Sway directly....full of praise, etc, but tell him that's their final offer ...make it known to him he's valued and they want him to stay in no uncertain terms. If Sway get's all "if you really valued me you'd give me $9-10M" then move on

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Hopefully they (Neely and Sweeney) kid glove Sway directly....full of praise, etc, but tell him that's their final offer ...make it known to him he's valued and they want him to stay in no uncertain terms. If Sway get's all "if you really valued me you'd give me $9-10M" then move on
It’s possible we hear some of that from Neely today.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Again, goalie with ego on the ice is perfection. Off the ice, know your place. Part of an original six team with loyal fans and history/culture.

Wholeheartedly support not being underpaid but 64 million is more than fair with his limited resume.
Perfect storm

Both Swayman & Gross suffered L’s to Bruins in the Krug & Swayman arbitration. There is animosity I’m sure and human emotion of revenge

The $64 per Gross wasn’t offered so he can say today 8:64 is accepted or not

I’m close to looking at who we can get from Ducks with Gibson lol

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Agreed, they wont. But depending on how it plays out in the truth department Im not sure Neely will give a damn. Hes also a hot hardhead.
Do we think Cam went rogue yesterday at the presser?

This organization plays the spin game better than any other. I definitely believe that Charlie gave Cam the green light to go nuclear. No way they'd let him piss in the swimming pool and poison the negotiations.

This was a middle finger to the player/his representative, IMO.

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
Unfortunately sounds like going to end up in a trade (hello Anaheim)
The Bruins would be poorly served for this to end up as another midnight deal where they peevishly ship out a player (or agent) they are aggravated with. There have been enough of those over the years.

This still seems like one of those things where everybody is mad at each other for a while, including the fans, but eventually there is some night in January when Swayman - playing for Boston - stands on his head versus Toronto and everybody gets happy again.

I don't know how Swayman would like playing behind Radko Gudas as his Captain. That team is not exactly poised for big things yet and I don't like Verbeek much running the show.

But just for the laffs, what would you want back from Anaheim to trade them Swayman?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I think Gross is lying here. Swayman is scrambling to save his image.
I have no proof and no one else does either that Gross is lying, but if he is he is the type that has no shame about doing so, that is how his type roll. Sayman's image will never be the same, might restore it somewhat but will never be what it was. He screwed up, if had success in this town he might have owned it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

This organization plays the spin game better than any other. I definitely believe that Charlie gave Cam the green light to go nuclear. No way they'd let him piss in the swimming pool and poison the negotiations.

I’d like to believe they collectively came to a “enough is enough” mindset prior to the presser.
But Neely is a hothead. So I really dont know.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

That was Cam being Cam, and I found it refreshing, and I know that is not always a responsible way to negotiate, but there are times it is necessary, and the time was right.

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario
jon-stewart-eat.gif

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
Regarding his statements yesterday, Cam seems much more emotional than he does calculated and machinating. If his comments were part of a larger group negotiating ploy... that would just surprise me.

I guess we'll find out when he's on the radio today. I expect Felger to masterfully push his buttons and it'll be another 10 years before he returns. Then Sweeney will be asked to clean up the mess on aisle N.

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Says the guy posting on a message board at 1am. They were my interpretations, feel free to disagree and have a good day.
Coming from someone who’s doubled their post count in this thread twisting themselves into a pretzel defending their favorite player.
To me it’s simple, the Bruins front office hasn’t operated in the manner you’re suggesting. From McAvoy to Pastrnak etc there are no examples of fake offers etc. Now Gross on the other hand has a history of questionable negotiations like this one. Gaudreau to Nylander.. it’s his MO. Occams razor.

Neely mentioned the 64m out of frustration (whether we agree that was a wise move or not). Gross & Swayman had to be aware of the fanbase blow back. IMO Gross was holding firm at 10m-ish and was expecting Mr. Harvard to open the checkbook eventually. Sweeney has always subscribed to “loose lips sink ships” & Gross knows this. What Gross wasn’t expecting was Neely putting them on blast during media day. The hockey world knows 64m was the offer. Gross looking for 80m+. If 64m was “never offered” well it IS now. So I’d expect Swayman to sign any day now.

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
Just think. While Bruins Nation has been getting all wound up, spitting out literally thousands of posts about the situation... Swayman is probably holed up in a sweet condo playing X Box games all day. Maybe occasionally calling his agent every few days to see what's new. He's probably much less bothered by all this than many fans are. It's just business.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Regarding his statements yesterday, Cam seems much more emotional than he does calculated and machinating. If his comments were part of a larger group negotiating ploy... that would just surprise me.

I guess we'll find out when he's on the radio today. I expect Felger to masterfully push his buttons and it'll be another 10 years before he returns. Then Sweeney will be asked to clean up the mess on aisle N.
He is on felger todsy??

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Why do you think a player from another state gives a shit about how “loyal” fans are, the history of a team, or if the team is old or new? They’re still playing in the league and every team has its own history and fans. You’re literally bringing up crap that’s irrelevant

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I think Swayman wants a deal done. I have a feeling, based on this save my ass statement, is that Gross never told him about the offer
If Gross did not tell his client, he is risking any chance of working in the business in the future.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
This is a complete shi* show now.
The other teams must be enjoying our incompetence.
The move by Neely and company will put more pressure on Swayman now.
This process has been like two kids fighting on the school ground and getting caught by the principal.
Both tell different stories and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
He is on felger todsy??
I think Fenway said that was the case. Hopefully I didn't get that wrong.

Actually, I hope I am wrong because Neely appearing with Felger at a fraught time seems like a terrible idea. Maybe I'm underestimating Cam.

I guess I don't see what the upside of public theatrics is. What does he/they care how fans are feeling or what public perception is? It's not like they aren't going to sell tickets or the team will go 0-10 to start the season.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Why do you think a player from another state gives a shit about how “loyal” fans are, the history of a team, or if the team is old or new? They’re still playing in the league and every team has its own history and fans. You’re literally bringing up crap that’s irrelevant
I think some do care, but I don’t expect them to. For every Bergeron there are 10 mercenaries that follow the money. I don’t blame them, I’d probably do it too.

I also think it’s human nature to want to be liked. Again, not for everyone, but generally I bet players would rather be loved by the city than have fans banging down doors to run them outta town

Reactions: LSCII

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Perfect storm

Both Swayman & Gross suffered L’s to Bruins in the Krug & Swayman arbitration. There is animosity I’m sure and human emotion of revenge

The $64 per Gross wasn’t offered so he can say today 8:64 is accepted or not

I’m close to looking at who we can get from Ducks with Gibson lol

If this ends up with the trade Swayman will deserve the boos unfortunately.

Hopefully his educated brain sees the trouble his agent is causing otherwise it does seem to be going this way.

Bruins for 64 million or Anaheim for $72 million seems like an easy decision if winning is his goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad