Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 39 24.4%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • Trade

Votes: 76 47.5%

• Total voters

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Over paid
Over paid
Over paid
Over paid....etc etc
Screenshot_20240930-193851-557.png

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Holy shit. Like someone is going to say “Yeah. Here’s my email. Look look. I sent it.”

Come on man.

Exactly my point why it would be easier for Neely to prove.

You guys realize these contracts are signed over docusign or something similar right? There’s an internet trail for all of these.

If there’s an offer it’s written and documented somewhere.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yet again, his agent didn’t “refute” anything. He *disputed* it. I know, I know, “semantics”. Except it isn’t. It’s as annoying af.
Now we get another two weeks of half of us saying Gross refuted Neelys 64mil offer claim

Reactions: BTO

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
Been turning this over on and off all day. I think there are solid arguments to make on both the side of the player, and on the side of management. But I think it comes down to one thing, for me. I don’t want my team to end up like the Maple Leafs, where they seem to give players anything they ask, and are a perpetual failure come playoff time. Swayman asking for and getting the moon doesn’t sit well with me. So I have to side with management.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Step away from the ledge. It’s all going to be ok, no matter if he's in Boston or somewhere else. Not worth losing your mind over this.
I love whodunnit and mystery stuff. This is great. My mind is immersed in numbers and formulas all day this is a great escape

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Just now from Friedman:

SO WHERE ARE WE?

Until Monday, this is where I believe everything stood:

• Neely said he directly asked Swayman if the goalie wished to be a Bruin, and the answer was a resounding yes. I’m under the impression Swayman has always pushed for maximum term. After initially offering contracts of various lengths, the Bruins were satisfied with Swayman’s response and focused on eight years.

• Despite that, the two sides remain so far apart on salary that this won’t be solved unless player or team completely caves in or changes their minds. I’ve heard some softening of positions, but the gap was millions per season to start with.

• Gross’s statement claims that, prior to the media conference, the Bruins never got to $64M. I think they were close, maybe around $60M-$62M. Swayman/Gross probably aren’t as annoyed about the number itself as they are about it being mentioned in the first place. I read what Neely said as this: “We’re going to 64 and no farther. That’s it.” We will see. David Pastrnak pushed the Bruins farther than they wanted to go, but he was unrestricted. Swayman saw that success, but he is restricted.

• Two weeks ago, I started to hear rumours of a possible trade. The Bruins wouldn’t comment, but it was clear they told teams they weren’t considering it and wanted to keep him. Again, we will see if anything has changed. Remember, other teams are allowed to speak to Swayman because he’s an unsigned free agent. They know what he wants.

We know Swayman wants to be a Bruin, albeit on his terms, and we’re not anywhere close to that. For the moment, however, money is secondary. During this pause, he must ask himself, “Can I move past the bitterness of this negotiation?”

If the answer is yes, he can be a Bruin. An excellent one. If the answer is no, he will flourish somewhere else.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Exactly my point why it would be easier for Neely to prove.

You guys realize these contracts are signed over docusign or something similar right? There’s an internet trail for all of these.

If there’s an offer it’s written and documented somewhere.
Stop it. Please just stop. No one is going to do this. No one. Not Gross, not Neely. It is not going to happen.

Using the old “it has to be a lie because otherwise they’d just show the offer if it was true. Why don't they?” argument is ridiculous.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Stop it. Please just stop. No one is going to do this. No one. Not Gross, not Neely. It is not going to happen.

Using the old “it has to be a lie because otherwise they’d just show the offer if it was true. Why don't they?” argument is ridiculous.

It’s against the CBA so if Gross is intentionally not disclosing contracts offers like people here are claiming they did. Bruins should report him to the league.

Reactions: nORRis8

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Was this whole thing Neelys way of letting Sway know what they’ve offered in the event it hasn’t gotten back to him through his agent?

I guess we’ll find out if the next piece of news is Sway fired Gross
You would think Neely has Swayman phone number and he has voice mail right?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It’s against the CBA so if Gross is intentionally not disclosing contracts offers like people here are claiming they did. Bruins should report him to the league.
I beg you to stop.

No one is going to file a complaint against the Bruins. No one is going to file a complaint against Gross.

This is about them having a nasty battle over a contract. Not who is f***ing lying and when. You think they going to table getting ready for the season and spend time gathering evidence and making filings with League or whoever else? Please. Stop.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Gross's stable is underwhelming at best. RIP Gaudreau, but other than Nylanders, it's JAG's. Krug unfortunately might never play again, but at his best, he wasn't a top 10 D-man.
No wonder he wants his client to cash in, it may lead to more high level clientele. More reasons not to trust him.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I beg you to stop.

No one is going to file a complaint against the Bruins. No one is going to file a complaint against Gross.

This is about them having a nasty battle over a contract. Not who is f***ing lying and when. You think they going to table getting ready for the season and spend time gathering evidence and making filings with League or whoever else? Please. Stop.

No I don’t because as I said I don’t think anyone is lying I think it was a miscommunication and it’s absurd to this Gross would risk his license for swayman

However there’s a bunc u people calling Gross a liar. I’m saying to all the people rhat are claiming gross is lying to his client and withholding info, thag it’s easily verifiable if he is lying and the team should file a report if that’s the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad