Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 40 24.4%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 46 28.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 78 47.6%

• Total voters

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Sure, but is there a massive difference between 9.5 and 9.5? Who cares if 9.5 is setting the market or not ruining it?

I certainly see your point, and don’t necessarily disagree with it, but the actual number is really what matters and ultimately does make the difference one of semantics.
I know. Problem is, we just don’t know the actual numbers. We didn’t know. We had rumors and thought we knew. Then we had concrete numbers and thought we know. Now we are back to step 1 of not knowing squat lol

But yes i agree, if he’s staying firm asking for 9.5 long term, that’s quite a bit more aggressive than just “not ruining” the goalie market.

Yes but according to anohter earlier poster, Cam said in his presser that Swayman wants to reset the RFA goalie market.
That’s what Neely believes. It’s never been what Swayman said, and it’s been a rallying cry used by the f*** Jeremy Swayman crowd for two weeks now

Reactions: ON3M4N and BTO

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I know. Problem is, we just don’t know the actual numbers. We didn’t know. We had rumors and thought we knew. Then we had concrete numbers and thought we know. Now we are back to step 1 of not knowing squat lol

But yes i agree, if he’s staying firm asking for 9.5 long term, that’s quite a bit more aggressive than just “not ruining” the goalie market.

That’s what Neely believes. It’s never been what Swayman said, and it’s been a rallying cry used by the f*** Jeremy Swayman crowd for two weeks now
We don’t know what else Swayman has or hasn’t said to be honest

Reactions: Sevendust

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

Also, one can have feelings about this without being part of any f*** them crowd - I am one for example

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
We don’t know what else Swayman has or hasn’t said to be honest
True. I only know what was a direct quote on that d-bag podcast a couple weeks ago. On that pod, Jay Sway said “not ruin”

Behind closed doors he might be telling Sweeney he wants to be the highest paid athlete of all time.

I thought i knew the bruins offered 64 mil and now I’m unsure of that too.

I’m questioning my sanity NeelyDaniel. I don’t even know who I am anymore

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
True. I only know what was a direct quote on that d-bag podcast a couple weeks ago. On that pod, Jay Sway said “not ruin”

Behind closed doors he might be telling Sweeney he wants to be the highest paid athlete of all time.

I thought i knew the bruins offered 64 mil and now I’m unsure of that too.

I’m questioning my sanity NeelyDaniel. I don’t even know who I am anymore
First time I’ve ever been full named here, I love you dad

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think there’s a very real chance Swayman didn’t know 8 x 8 was on the table. Nylander didn’t seem thrilled with Goss and specifically said he wished he was more involved from the jump iirc
Was it Ference that negotiated his own contracts? I kinda get it now. I suppose if you aren’t much of a salesman, and aren’t good on contract law, probably best to have a professional handle it. But i see the benefits to not having one too

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
The amount of people who think Gross would risk his Agents license and therefore his entire career by intentionally not disclosing a contract to swayman is insane.

Fandom is a hell of a drug.
Yes, but it could well be, as someone else has already suggested (God knows on what page), that Gross and Swayman agreed on a #, say $9m, and Gross told Swayman that he would inform him when they offered it (or it was Swayman who said that). But, since they hadn’t offered it, Gross never brought the 8/8 to Swayman’s attention. That is at least plausible.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Absolutely. If Gross is lying it should be extremely easy to prove for the bruins as there would certainly be some form of written communication or recorded verbal communication. Then he should lose his license.
The Bruins didn’t accuse anyone of lying. The agent did. If Neely is lying, Gross should easily be able to prove it with written communication of their best offer.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
At today’s press conference, $64 million was referenced. This was the first time that number was discussed in our negotiations. Prior to the press conference, no offer was made reaching that level.

Hmmm did the Bruins scramble and get that offer out to Gross after the press conference?
Step away from the ledge. It’s all going to be ok, no matter if he's in Boston or somewhere else. Not worth losing your mind over this.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If Gross is intentionally lying and not disclosing contracts to swayman, then that is grounds to having your license revoked.

I highly highly doubt Gross is going to throw his career away on Swayman.

If true, the bruins should immediately report it and provide evidence that a contract was offered. If it was offered there is some form of written communication to back it up.
Holy shit. Like someone is going to say “Yeah. Here’s my email. Look look. I sent it.”

Come on man.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad