Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 58 20.9%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 77 27.7%
  • Trade

Votes: 143 51.4%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Today the day? Breaks right before final preseason game?

I enjoyed the thread but it’s time to sign

Can’t believe it doesn’t happen

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Hey if he wants $9.2 and full lockout protection just give it to him. It’s only $1.4M. And who cares about the cash right? Just as long as Swayman gets what he wants that’s really the only important thing here.
As long as Swayman is goaltending for the Boston Bruins the next 8 seasons is the only thng that matters and as a fan its insane this isn't your only acceptable outcome.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Jeremy Swayman since getting his shot in 2021-22 (100 games played min)

In the NHL

16th in wins
6th in sv pt
4th in gaa

You guys are out to lunch

Do you know how often Swayman got the 1b games though? The softer started in a back to back where Linus got the big team? A LOT.

Volume matters. Start quality, matters. Sway didn't have to face that for more than a few weeks at a time where he was a true #1. He'd always been in a true 1a/1b situation.

He has had two great playoff series. That much, we know.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I've said it before, if I were a player, Lewis Gross is the type of agent I would want to negotiate for me. I just wouldn't want Lewis Gross.

Agents are supposed to be a one stop shop these days. Handling everything from contract negotiations to investment planning to getting a player endorsement deals.

He can negotiate my contract any time. I don't think he rates very highly in the other responsibilities.
No kidding. He’s crushing Sways endorsement value at least in Boston.

Hey, Lewie G here. I was thinking of a whole season long JSway/Dunkin’ series. Whattya think?

Er. Sway is not the hottest commodity right now. How about after he signs and produces on the big contract and does a lot of charity events. Then let’s talk, ok Lewie?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I think everyone is entitled to an opinion and no one is wrong because if you ask someone their opinion and it is truly what they believe, then they are correct because that is their opinion.

Also, in one way or another, fans are paying money, in some cases big money, so they can express their feelings any way they wish. My suggestion: if you don't agree with what they are saying, respectfully disagree and move along. No one is changing someone else's opinion.

But honestly, I can't believe how far this discussion has gone. I respect the passion, but if this is all that worries anyone in life, I want to switch spots. I am a very patient person. Nothing I can say or do is going to change how this negotiation ends. I will wait until it does and then break it all down. I've learned a lot these last couple of months. Even at 63, I am still learning. But I'm not gonna waste my time on a chat board pounding the table trying to convince anyone to accept my opinion.

Life is too short.

You asked.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
It really isn’t. It isn’t for any player.
Sure it is. Again, build the team the right way and an overpay here or there to your three top players isn't an issue in the least. I mean the cap is going up 4 mil next year, any overpay now of a mil is quickly absorbed. Why give 6 years to an older #4 defenseman at best when you have Lohrei right there? Why take on a back up goalie that makes 3 mil instead of getting a Casey DeSmith for 1 mil?

Some of you people need to go get some fresh air, jeez. It's like the same 10 pages 13 times in a row
If only someone would invent computers you can use outside.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The only guys that get exactly what they ask for are guys, like McDavid, McKinnon, Matthews, Makar.
The B's have a close 2nd in a Pasta type player. None of the guys mentioned have done anything to ask for the moon. Hypotheticals don't earn $$$.
#88 is also second to Barkov, Tkachuk, Drai, Point & Kucherov. Factor in PO and he hasn't been a top 5-7 performer. Just PO the last 3 seasons Swayman has been very close with Pastrnak IMO.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Sure it is. Again, build the team the right way and an overpay here or there to your three top players isn't an issue in the least. I mean the cap is going up 4 mil next year, any overpay now of a mil is quickly absorbed. Why give 6 years to an older #4 defenseman at best when you have Lohrei right there? Why take on a back up goalie that makes 3 mil instead of getting a Casey DeSmith for 1 mil?

Rangers should give Shesterkin $13.5M right? All that matters is that he’s the goalie for them. Who cares if you have to get rid of other players to fit him in. As long as he’s on the team and gets whatever he wants.

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
Imagine if he gets 8+, then flames out or becomes very average....Talk about resetting the goalie market...but not in the way he wants
Imagine if he gets 8+, performs as well or better than Shesterkin who signs a contract for millions more? That's the rub, what is his potential, flaming out or doing really well? Don't most people think he'll do well?

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Imagine if he gets 8+, performs as well or better than Shesterkin who signs a contract for millions more? That's the rub, what is his potential, flaming out or doing really well? Don't most people think he'll do well?

We do...but he's also being compensated for that in years 1-3 of a potential 8 year deal where he's getting paid more than what he's worth now!

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Did Vegas Colorado and St Louis overpay or build a good team in front of a goalie

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Rangers should give Shesterkin $13.5M right? All that matters is that he’s the goalie for them. Who cares if you have to get rid of other players to fit him in. As long as he’s on the team and gets whatever he wants.
Rangers already said they are going to make him the highest goalie in history. We will see how it shakes out. Rangers should do whatever they need to do to lock him up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad