Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 21.4%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 67 27.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 128 51.6%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I've wanted Sway signed but this quote is so cringey
Yeah, but you're going to be sorry when he and Taylor Swift team up and use it to make a mint.

"Yeah, you asked me to wear your cardigan and I thought it was love.
You know, the cute one that sports a fuzzy brown bear.
But you just want to use me and do not really care.
You said mean things and then you lied.
I know cuz I wrote them down.
Now who's calling me and begging to be loved?
Well I'm sorry but I'm not that cheap.
You said your worst and now you lie.
I know, because its on the list I keep by my nightstand
By the bed in which I sleep and dream of when we were friends"

Needs a little work, but emotionally I'm feeling it.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Just the results of cronyism that runs rampant within this org.
The Bruins were shoved off to Charlie to give him something to do and he doesn't hold Cam accountable and it trickles down. No surprise the cup came when they went outside the Bruin's family for the front office.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
the "he hasn't proven he can do it for XX number of games" argument is a really interesting look considering this team is paying Nikita Zadorov 5 million a year based off like 6 weeks of play and not many are upset with that.

Reactions: UncleRico

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
While stupid, do you think he does this without the unnecessary drama created from leaking contract details to the two stupidest loudmouths ever to run a podcast? Honest question. Because IMO whoever leaked that is an absolute wanker.

Leaking to the media is a tried-and-true negotiating tactic long employed by both management and agents. I don't love it, but I get it. It puts pressure on the other side and it can actually be productive if it gets things moving. Diamonds/pressure/etc.

The reason teams and players do it that way, though, is so there's plausible deniability. "Reports" are not declarative statements. It gives both sides the chance to deny, ignore, or brush off.

What Neely did was not that. It was done out of anger and frustration because he didn't like the PR they were getting. It was done to make Swayman look bad and it worked. It f***ing worked, much to the huge detriment of the entire organization (for many years to come I fear).

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I'm surprised he said it, but I can see a situation where he's just fed up, depending on what sort of leaks have come from Gross, or how he's handled negotiations so far

The whole thing has been bungled by the Bruins for the last year or two, but I don't think Swayman/Gross are completely innocent either.
Hey, a post willing to look at both sides. Based on the majority of the threads, I would’ve guessed it had to either be 100% Swayman’s or management’s fault. The more you know.

• Haha
Reactions: TD Charlie

DavidK

Jun 10, 2021
And more crying/complaints continue to surface as time goes on. It's like an infinite well of tears.
Management should apologize: "We were wrong, we made criticisms about you that we knew were invalid to try to keep your price down". Maybe then Swayman would shut up.

• Haha
Reactions: MoffatMan

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
the "he hasn't proven he can do it for XX number of games" argument is a really interesting look considering this team is paying Nikita Zadorov 5 million a year based off like 6 weeks of play and not many are upset with that.

Again, I don't think you can compare UFA vs RFA.

People on this board yelled when we signed Ullmark, but the contract wasn't $8million +.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Are u referring to the 58 playoff game or the 642 regular season games?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Hey, a post willing to look at both sides. Based on the majority of the threads, I would’ve guessed it had to either be 100% Swayman’s or management’s fault. The more you know.

Being "fed up" with an agent/negotiation is not a reason to turn your fanbase against a goalie you supposedly believe in so much you want to give him 8x8. I thin that's an horrific idea for pretty obvious reasons, too.

Neely is an emotional guy who did something really stupid out of anger. And that would be true if he told the truth, which he did not appear to do, which makes the whole thing even worse.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
the 15ish good regular season games and 12 or so good playoff games. the other 600+ certainly didn't scream "5,000,000!"
Meh. Did you want a fast, giant, violent hitting machine who can score or not ?

Do u think this guy was obtainable for less?

He will literally crush top six players and score goals occasionally. He will be loved around here by Xmas.

Reactions: BTO

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

I can absolutely sympathize with the fact that it's tough hearing unfiltered feedback, but c'mon, everyone does. Everyone thinks they deserve more pay, a promotion, whatever. You have to hear every year why you aren't, justified or not.

He's going to make more money than most people will ever make in their lives several times over in the next 8 years. Add in sponsorships, probably having several years in the tank after this contract, it keeps going up. I can appreciate him using it as motivation and continuing to improve (as he consistently has) but I don't think he's going to get the pity he wants.

Nevermind that he was the one that elected for arbitration.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Meh. Did you want a fast, giant, violent hitting machine who can score or not ?

Do u think this guy was obtainable for less?

He will literally crush top six players and score goals occasionally. He will be loved around here by Xmas.
also not all of us loved that deal either... not a unanimous decision on this board at all

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Leaking to the media is a tried-and-true negotiating tactic long employed by both management and agents. I don't love it, but I get it. It puts pressure on the other side and it can actually be productive if it gets things moving. Diamonds/pressure/etc.

The reason teams and players do it that way, though, is so there's plausible deniability. "Reports" are not declarative statements. It gives both sides the chance to deny, ignore, or brush off.

What Neely did was not that. It was done out of anger and frustration because he didn't like the PR they were getting. It was done to make Swayman look bad and it worked. It f***ing worked, much to the huge detriment of the entire organization (for many years to come I fear).
I think they’ve both looked beyond pathetic but that’s just me.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Stop stating facts? Why? I know it's not convenient when people want to shit on him, but that doesn't change the fact that no matter how you think he reacted to the arbitration hearing off the ice that did not impact his play on it. He responded like a professional.

Or are you disputing that?
My initial reply was promptly deleted.

Are you insinuating nothing off the ice matters? On ice results is the be all end all? It’s disingenuous to suggest character doesn’t effect team chemistry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad