Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 21.4%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 67 27.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 128 51.6%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
People need to read the entire quote. Remember, the media is in the business of getting people angry-not painting an objective picture.

I don’t believe taking notes to find a way to motivate you, and having it work, is a bad thing. And so what if it fuels him to ask for what he thinks he deserves? The Bruins had a chance to put their money where their mouth is and keep Ullmark and trade Swayman, but they didn’t.

Which tells me they realize they need to get this done.

8 years/$66m.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Whining about it or using it as motivation?
Whining if he's saying how his feeling were hurt and didn't deserve it.
As motivation if he is grateful for management helping push him to be a better goalie.
Depends on which is more important to him.

Reactions: BMC

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
The only thing that will derail the season is Sweeney turning a Jennings winning combo into shields and Hackett
How can you hate on the guy that wore this mask???

AFE3A56D-2331-453F-921F-A7BC7A67501D.jpeg

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Didn't play like a baby. Didn't pout. Didn't let off ice issues impact his on ice performance. Not sure what more you could ask of a player than to play his absolute best. None of that has to do with his current contract demands and their merits (or lack thereof). It just means that however he feels personally it does not diminish what he does when the puck drops. If anything it seemed to make him more motivated and focused, a trait you often see with the best professional athletes.

He absolutely responded the right way. He had a great season and elevated it with an even better playoff run.

But he continues to shoot himself in the foot in the eyes of public perception when he continues to stand up in his soap box and pontificate about that arbitration hearing. Judging by the amount of times he's cried about it to the media, he's can't get over it personally - even though professionally he blew them out of the water - and now it's becoming a huge distraction.

Reactions: BMC and Bodit9

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Waiting for some of this anger to be placed on the GM who thought it was a good idea to trade Ullmark before any of this was figured out. Thankfully our prospect pool will now rise from 29 to 28 in Pronman's annual rankings at least. Like seriously when do people say "WTF was he thinking"? I'm assuming never.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If he really truly wants to be here I’d advise him to take the 64M.
Then collude with the FO to throw Gross under the bus. Make him the bad guy and move on.
That's what I expected as soon as Neely uttered the words "64 million"

Sign the deal, fire the agent, do a quick presser with Sweeney and say how relieved you are that it's over and are looking forward to representing the team for a long time. Off we go!

The silence is concerning at this point

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If Swayman needs to complain about arbitration and how much he's paid every single day to build the chip on his shoulder to help him excel, I welcome it. Whatever helps him play the best
Agreed. However, if he's going to continue to insist on complaining about it publicly then he needs to deliver the Cup. Those are the terms. Anything less is simply not worth it.

Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
When I read that he will do "everything in my power to be a Bruin..." my immediate thought is OK, then why not simply say "yes"?
Obviously that was my first thought too...but at the end of the day if he believes he's worth more you can't blame him for not taking it. I'd be willing to go a bit higher than 8 mil, you obviously believe he's the future if you're offering 8 mil for 8 years, just bite the bullet and make the guy happy at this point.

Jorgolyte

Jun 9, 2024
The return for the privelage of giving Jeremy a huge contract is not going to be big. It almost feels like half RFA half UFA situation. Take what you can get and bank the cap savings for a better opportunity later

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Neely's "64 million reasons" is one of the dumbest, most shortsighted things I have ever seen an executive do and these threads continue to prove why.
While stupid, do you think he does this without the unnecessary drama created from leaking contract details to the two stupidest loudmouths ever to run a podcast? Honest question. Because IMO whoever leaked that is an absolute wanker.

• Haha
Reactions: Bodit9 and Pia8988

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Neely's "64 million reasons" is one of the dumbest, most shortsighted things I have ever seen an executive do and these threads continue to prove why.
I'm surprised he said it, but I can see a situation where he's just fed up, depending on what sort of leaks have come from Gross, or how he's handled negotiations so far

The whole thing has been bungled by the Bruins for the last year or two, but I don't think Swayman/Gross are completely innocent either.

Reactions: Grimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad