Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 20.8%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 69 27.1%
  • Trade

Votes: 133 52.2%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I’m sure all the people calling Gross a liar and for him to be fired for “lying that a $64 million contract wasn’t offered” are now going to keep that same energy for Neely lying about the offer… right?

Did you see the numbers Friedman posted today on what he'd heard the several different offers have been?

Reactions: Gordoff and Bodit9

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Why would swayman be embarrassed by the Bruins saying they offered him 64 million if he wasn’t ever going to accept it anyways? Was embarrassed by the offer being to low?

I do know Sweeney and Cam were embarrassed a few times by Gross leaking stuff to Chiclets about the negotiation though.
Because they did it to make him the villain with Bruins fans. They wanted it out there that hey, we made this offer and Swayman won't accept it so we should all be angry about it, don't blame us and of course he'd be embarrassed and pissed off especially if Neely was lying and that offer hadn't even been officially offered to him yet..

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Over the past 2 years, among the 32 goalies with the most TOI (basically a list of assumed starters), he's 4th in 5-on-5 HDSV%. Looking at just last year (same 32 goalie filter), he was 11th. I'm not sure how either of those suggests his HDSV% stinks.
I stand corrected, I thought he was worse. But IMO that doesn't excuse the inflated ego, I know there's a fine line between confidence and ego but after this fiasco I'm starting to feel it's the latter.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and Pia8988

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
cheers are louder for Neely and Sweeney on the Jumbotron than the players on the ice

Being a 7 seed and out in 5 will show him!
That 7th seed (1st WC) could be the 4th best team in the conference mathematically speaking and it wouldn't be the first time very good team was eliminated in the first round.
Or they could catch lightning In a bottle (no pun) and go all the way.
There's just no way to know until the games are played.

I'm willing to take the chance.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So you believe it was 7.8? Then you believe the same report that Swayman is at 8.5?

I don’t know what to believe exactly.

I just find it very interesting all the people who were calling Gross a liar for saying $64 million wasn’t on the table are now very silent about the topic that there’s multiple reports saying $64 million wasn’t on the table.

I guess we won’t hold Neely accountable for lying.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Realistically, what could we expect for a return on trade?

It's too bad Nishuskhin is a mess. Colorado could have been a potential suitor.

It would have to be to a team that not only needs a #1 but can afford one and is willing to pay Swayman's asking price. I think that drives his value down, especially if said team can't find common ground with his agent and they opt out.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It would have to be to a team that not only needs a #1 but can afford one and is willing to pay Swayman's asking price. I think that drives his value down, especially if said team can't find common ground with his agent and they opt out.
In effect, Swayman has a full 31 team NTC right now.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I don’t know what to believe exactly.

I just find it very interesting all the people who were calling Gross a liar for saying $64 million wasn’t on the table are now very silent about the topic that there’s multiple reports saying $64 million wasn’t on the table.

I guess we won’t hold Neely accountable for lying.

Oh, so you're not sure if Neely lied, you're just here for the fan bashing. Got ya.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Oh, so you're not sure if Neely lied, you're just here for the fan bashing. Got ya.

Oh no I should have clarified.

I don’t know what to believe for dollar figures on the table.

I fully believe the multiple reports that $64 million wasn’t on the table and that Neely lied.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rank these 3 player on their performance against FLA last year:
Swayman
Pastrnak
McAvoy
Probably that order, though I wouldn’t necessarily say Swayman was great. He did fine. Just because Pastrnak and McAvoy played poorly in a series doesn’t mean Swayman is worth overpaying though

44 game max season, no hardware, and one playoff series win against a notoriously impotent franchise isn’t gonna make you #1 Defenseman money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad