• Long term deal

Votes: 88 30.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 147 50.2%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
If the Bruins want to pay him 66 mil that's their business.
Personally I think he's proven and earned the right to be paid 8 x 8.25.
Other fan bases probably thought this was their problem, but Boston exceeded their already underwhelming and extremely ungenerous offer and now this is just Boston's problem.
What Swayman's camp did has the potential to make this young man's career and reputation now that he signed a contract.

A quick note to Mr Swayman (or family/friends of his who will have him read this) ...

I'm going to root for the Bruins only if you are a part of the team.
I am a fan of you regardless of if you're a Bruin or not.
I am a fan of you playing goal.
I wanted you in goal for the playoffs last spring.
You have shown to have great potential going forward.
I'm glad you risked your career to get a better contract.
Many of your fans will never know or come close to earning the money you have already earned in your career.
You are alienating a very miniscule, insignificant, tiny minority of your vocal fanbase.
Many feel you are reasonable, deserving, humble, and flexible with your demands.
Additionally, many feel you aren't hurting the success of the overall team by fighting for what you deserve and are a team player. It's how they feel, rightfully or not.

Listen carefully...
I'm a grumpy new school liberal caucasian atheist male who has had everything handed to him in life. Yeah, that's where I'm coming from, I expect everything from others and feel they owe me everything. I am not thankful, nor grateful, for anything I have earned in my life, nor received from others. I'll be damned if I would give some older, probably entitled and mislead, Potentially over-the-hill goalie such a potential career Damaging massive contract versus a young goalie that has Proved his Maturity to handle the position's responsibilities by Demonstrating his Ability through ascending and Sustaining league dominance in his chosen position overal Several seasons. I would be at fault for nurturing such entitlement and enabling precious conceited veterans.

Thankfully, you are the LONE star on this team keeping everyone else afloat in the playoffs, that management finally recognized it. You win and lose as a team, but a goalie will make that team look significantly better or worse than it is. Your goalie stats are directly proportional to the team in front of you and aren't reflective of you as a goalie. Without you, they wouldn't be a playoff team and wouldn't be where they are today...standing at the threshold of a middling playoff team.

I'm not saying this is your intention (because I dont know you), but you are showing signs of standing strong, by demading something you've rightfully earned, which is a sign of a emotionally stable, strong willed adult who thinks he deserves to get paid what he is worth. You've established your worth by having the Balls to go out there and earn it. You've done it once, and I believe - you can do it again. Put doubters to shame and continue to garner respect from your peers. It's a dog eat dog world and you're making the other team's pucks your milkbone and you'll chew them up and spit them back out. The world is a very mean and competitive place and there is always going to be someone on an internet forum who thinks they are better then you and is going to want to take away what you have. Be proud that you got paid what you deserve.

No disrespect but, other players are dumbasses for not fighting for their worth. Do you really want to be going into a season being paid less than you're worth and have your value drop? It will be like screwing yourself over and making less money and having to prove yourself again even though you already have. Who knows how long it will take, or if you even get the chance. You signed that damn contract and now you can go out and prove it to the paying public.

Do I sound pissed? I am. Boys should be raised the way their parents think is right. Men of compassion, empathy, confidence, self-respect, and self-worth. Men of equality, equity, and respect. Not people who say 'yeah but what about me?'. Such as, to be paid like a player who carried a mediocre team to game 7 against the cup champs a year after the team blew a 3-1 series lead by going with a lesser goalie when they could have won a cup.

8x8.25 is a great contract, I hope you realize that. It would be one thing if Bruins management offered you that amount uncoerced. But still they have offered it to you, maybe not in the way you would have liked, but they have offered. And damnit, you took it. It's a very good look. Do the right thing, stand up for your self-worth.

If you hadn't signed by the start of the season, I would have supported you sitting out. And if I were you, I would have expected the management to try and cheap out and offer you less, much less, while that sat floundering with Korpisalo at a 3+ GAA and 890 sv% and trying to polish a turd in net as acceptable. At least being the grumpy young bastard I am that's what I would expect them to do. But I am just one fan of the team and as it stands now, I'm an even bigger fan of you Jeremy.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Hey Jeremy, my wife and I need a nice house, can you please help us out? Please! 🙏 😉
1000000391.jpg

Last edited:

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well the pressures on now. Overpay in my opinion but also (assuming he is good) happy he's going to be playing (eventually) and glad this drama is over. The way this went down though the expectations will be huge and I think people will turn on him fast if he does not deliver all star level goaltending.

Must suck to be Bussi today. I feel for him.

Is there still cap room for Johnson? I'm thinking maybe not.

Anyway, let's play hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
Well the pressures on now. Overpay in my opinion but also (assuming he is good) happy he's going to be playing (eventually) and glad this drama is over. The way this went down though the expectations will be huge and I think people will turn on him fast if he does not deliver all star level goaltending.

Must suck to be Bussi today. I feel for him.

Anyway, let's play hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes once bussi money comes off they may need to keep him on as the backup until Jeremy is ready Johnson can hang around like heinen did last year until cap space becomes available

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH

Sweeney mentioned in the presser “We unfortunately have to make some tough roster decisions” when he was asked about cap space. I’m thinking he was talking about Johnson. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try and free up some cap space to fit him in. As of right now, I don’t see how they can afford him.

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
So no quote? Nothing?
Of course there's no quote. because there was never an offer for 8m until after the press conference.

Glad you agree that Cam was grandstanding and that Sway never turned down 8m.

Unfortunately, we could've cut 30 pages from this thread if everyone agreed with that during the span from Cam's statement and this morning.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Was all manufactured drama for the Amazon series. :sarcasm:
On a lighter note, Bezos is watching. And listening.

I used to be a data analyst for Amazon, and I'm not kidding.

Freaky sh*t.

The urban myths you've heard about people crying at their desks, constant, massive turnover, essentially an island of misfits and broken toys? All true.

And I won't even go into the delivery driver and warehouse elements, which would be comical if not so inhumane.

Gotta pee? BYOB.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I get that folks opinions of Swayman were lowered during this process but it's time to let it go. I mean, how can you hold a grudge against someone for holding a grudge against someone? This too was business. Both sides won something. Both sides lost something.

He's a Bruin now, and we root for Bruins.

I can't wait to show you and everyone else!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Of course there's no quote. because there was never an offer for 8m until after the press conference.

Glad you agree that Cam was grandstanding and that Sway never turned down 8m.

Unfortunately, we could've cut 30 pages from this thread if everyone agreed with that during the span from Cam's statement and this morning.

Glad you agree he wasn't lying!

BTW - he signed for 8.25. Looks like he did turn down 8.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I get that folks opinions of Swayman were lowered during this process but it's time to let it go. I mean, how can you hold a grudge against someone for holding a grudge against someone? This too was business. Both sides won something. Both sides lost something.

He's a Bruin now, and we root for Bruins.
about as long as he held his arbitration grudge...one season...LOL

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Friedman is just passing on what Swayman's agent either told him or someone else, Gross is no more believable then Neely. Nothing more is going to come of this, people can believe whoever they want about who is stretching the truth, time to move on from this.
Indeed. And on that note, can we close this thread now so we can *all* move on? Fresh start. Or maybe tomorrow lol.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
The entire thing has been disingenuous on both sides. That IS the business side of things... in all things.
Where sports contract $$ is concerns both parties want to get it over on the other.
It's all played out in the court of public opinion. Nothing new here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad