• Long term deal

Votes: 87 29.8%
  • Trade

Votes: 147 50.3%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I don’t understand the main board sometimes. The general consensus over there seems to be that management got bent over because they went up 250k on their AAV. Not sure I understand

And I’m saying that as someone who thinks the contract is too much.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Nice job by Gross getting top dollar. He’s a SOB, but cash is king, I guess.

If I was in management I’d definitely take a note and consider avoiding players he represents. It’s too much drama. They’ve gotta be truly elite to go through this process.
Needless drama aside ...the deal is a fair one

I looked up my May 20th post ...the specifics of term, dollars and trade protection all align.....it was the process of getting there that was so frustrating

Attachments

• IMG_0092.png
    IMG_0092.png
    526 KB · Views: 1

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Needless drama aside ...the deal is a fair one

I looked up my May 20th post ...the specifics of term, dollars and trade protection all align.....it was the process of getting there that was so frustrating
True. They did structure it well.

I just would avoid doing business with this guy when I could. Someone like a Patrick Brown player, I’d consider passing and moving on to the next player with a reasonable agent not a super villain.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not sure why this didn't happen a couple of weeks ago but at least its done. When is his first game in net Panthers at home on Indigenous Peoples Day?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Still shit move in my book ~ and it wasn’t just an autograph

Parents paid for a camp good money and he did the first group but when the second group was done - they all lined up as instructed mostly 6-10 year olds, in gear, with parents ready to take pictures and he walked right by, no eye contact and ghosted them just kept walking

Massive asshole move

Two weeks before I was with my friend and her kid who is 10 and was in camp and 75 minutes before we are at Warrior as are other parents and email he’s got a bad case of flu

I called BS on the spot and when he pulled the BS two weeks later those they told me I was to harsh agreed

He’s gone down notches in my book and still there

There is a few other things to that bother me but it’s my problem and my view of him

I encourage everyone to love and support him

I do but I’m disappointed in him he left parents standing there explaining to their kids he had an emergency

Sorry - you can think I’m wrong, I suck, he’s great wherever - free will sets us apart but I have a problem with him but it’s my problem not anyone here

Bottom line nothing has changed ~ I think he pulled a dink move
My brother went to Mercury Morris' football camp in the 70s. Mercury only showed up the last day, spoke 5 minutes and left.

Years later busted for coke trafficking.

Probably why he was too busy to talk to the kids.

• Haha
Reactions: StonedZboril

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Waiting in line behind the " Neely is a liar " camp, no doubt.

Well yes because $64 million wasn’t offered before the press conference and as dom mentioned it’s a violation of the CBA and could cost Neely his job.

And there is certainly still speculation regarding that

I wish there was a video of Don Sweeney's face when Neely said $64 million.

I bet it was a WTF moment we've never seen before from Donny.

I don't know how true it is, (big) but, Charlie authorized Sweeney to go to $64 million the day before the press conference.

If there is any truth to that, Neely has to go. Not to mention that it was 100 percent against the CBA.

Neely should leave the running of the team to Sweeney and Gold.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Yeah, it does seem foolish. I think most people thought $6-7 on a short term deal and $7-8 on a long, but I think this was about more than money for Swayman, he wanted a pound of flesh after the arbitration hearing and in that regard he got what he wanted.
I call bs. The wounded pride act was a negotiation tactic to justify a higher demand.

The tell is when the only way to fix the wounded pride is with money. Trading Ullmark and offering 8 years were more than sufficient to show how highly management thinks of Swayman.

Reactions: JOKER 192

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Well yes because $64 million wasn’t offered before the press conference and as dom mentioned it’s a violation of the CBA and could cost Neely his job.

And there is certainly still speculation regarding that

Want to point out where Neely said the Bruins offered it before the conference? Or are you still dug in this believe that he's a liar?

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Sorry - you can think I’m wrong, I suck, he’s great wherever - free will sets us apart but I have a problem with him but it’s my problem not anyone here

Bottom line nothing has changed ~ I think he pulled a dink move

Don't feel bad at all.
Believe me.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Not that anyone cares, but for the record, I’ve already forgiven him (not that he requires it, or that it matters to him, but qua player-fan relationship perhaps it does). Go Bruins! Go Win The Big Shiny Silver Stanley Cup!!!!

Reactions: nORRis8

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Want to point out where Neely said the Bruins offered it before the conference? Or are you still dug in this believe that he's a liar?

There was no $64 million offer before the press conference.

So Neely saying during the press conference that swayman has 64 million reasons to be playing is implying there’s a $64 million offer on the table, but there wasn’t.

Which would be against the CBA

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don’t understand the main board sometimes. The general consensus over there seems to be that management got bent over because they went up 250k on their AAV. Not sure I understand

And I’m saying that as someone who thinks the contract is too much.
Well outside fans probably see 25 wins is the most he's had in a season

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
There was no $64 million offer before the press conference.

So Neely saying during the press conference that swayman has 64 million reasons to be playing is implying there’s a $64 million offer on the table, but there wasn’t.

Which would be against the CBA
Post a link

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad