• Long term deal

Votes: 87 29.8%
  • Trade

Votes: 147 50.3%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
well he is a liar as some experts have been saying in here

Wow, as the number of the signing would prove Neely was lying about the numbers or not. You don't know what happened during negotiations the last days.

If Swayman fullfills his potential this will be a steal of a contract very soon, Sweeney still has money to waste on overpaid bottom pairing defensemen and some here can change their diaper now. Win Win for everybody. Go Bruins Go!!!

• Haha
Reactions: dangermike

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah but Sway dissed some kids who asked for his autograph a month ago and you were down on him as a person. I wonder what's changed?
Still shit move in my book ~ and it wasn’t just an autograph

Parents paid for a camp good money and he did the first group but when the second group was done - they all lined up as instructed mostly 6-10 year olds, in gear, with parents ready to take pictures and he walked right by, no eye contact and ghosted them just kept walking

Massive asshole move

Two weeks before I was with my friend and her kid who is 10 and was in camp and 75 minutes before we are at Warrior as are other parents and email he’s got a bad case of flu

I called BS on the spot and when he pulled the BS two weeks later those they told me I was to harsh agreed

He’s gone down notches in my book and still there

There is a few other things to that bother me but it’s my problem and my view of him

I encourage everyone to love and support him

I do but I’m disappointed in him he left parents standing there explaining to their kids he had an emergency

Sorry - you can think I’m wrong, I suck, he’s great wherever - free will sets us apart but I have a problem with him but it’s my problem not anyone here

Bottom line nothing has changed ~ I think he pulled a dink move

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Watching the presser....I am reminded that Sway can be very charming and likable

The signing is done..let's give him some time to get in game shape and meanwhile put this long running drama behind us

Finally- the optimism I had during the free- agency signings can reappear ...starting on Tuesday!!

Reactions: Ladyfan

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Wow, as the number of the signing would prove Neely was lying about the numbers or not. You don't know what happened during negotiations the last days.

If Swayman fullfills his potential this will be a steal of a contract very soon, Sweeney still has money to waste on overpaid bottom pairing defensemen and some here can change their diaper now. Win Win for everybody. Go Bruins Go!!!
ah yes - one of the experts!

• Love
Reactions: Sevendust

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Looking for a wellness check on all the people saying the lack of arbitrations doesn’t matter much in this scenario and bridge deal comps for saros and demko were the comparables here.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I'm glad he came to his senses and signed, happy it's done. Hope he plays well. With all that's been said the past few weeks I think we can all agree this was the best case scenario for the team as a whole. This is what we all wanted. Onward now.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I bet he has a binded and laminated printout of the last ten threads about his negotiations at his locker and he reads it every night for motivation

Reactions: BMC

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Looking for a wellness check on all the people saying the lack of arbitrations doesn’t matter much in this scenario and bridge deal comps for saros and demko were the comparables here.

You are a piece of work, lol. They don't. Those WERE the comps for a bridge deal. This wasn't a bridge deal. It has an extra half decade of UFA years. I just don't understand why this is so complicated.

Anyway, I'm glad its done and we can move on.

Reactions: Bodit9

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
You are a piece of work, lol. They don't. Those WERE the comps for a bridge deal. This wasn't a bridge deal. It has an extra half decade of UFA years. I just don't understand why this is so complicated.

Anyway, I'm glad its done and we can move on.

Ya but you were saying he didn’t deserve a long term deal and should be given a bridge deal.

Nice goal post moving by you now that the deal is done though!

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I guess you saying 8x8 would be “overly generous” hold a different meaning to you than it does the English dictionary.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad