• Long term deal

Votes: 86 29.7%
  • Trade

Votes: 146 50.3%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
This is just the opening act

We got the plot, identified a few villains, Lonnie gave us his interpretation of a hissy fit, Swayman has helped us understand Gen Z better, we know 64 M is on the table, we learned Sway post hockey career and sing some songs

Act 2 comes today, tomorrow,or Tuesday, and can only go one of two ways

Signed ~ how long, how much, is he happy, sad, salty, going all Keyser Soze on us and the league, or does he stay the smiling happy to be here kid. Be interesting how he comes out of this.

Unsigned ~ the nerds break out the spread sheets and explain the ramifications, and we speculate on trades and if it’s better to wait to next off season ~ Sway goes to Russia to stay sharp where he plays for Moscow Dynamo and takes classes at Lomonosov Moscow State University.
Dude I genuinely love you lol

• Love
Reactions: goldenblack

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I’d be ecstatic if it wasn’t for this overwhelming feeling of relief.

Said from the beginning that the right deal was something Saros adjacent and while we don’t know the finer details, at least in AAV, this appears to be the case.

For the sake of my own snark (which has been earned through these countless threads and the bitching in them) I sincerely hope those who had drawn their own “lines in the sand” are absolutely f***ing miserable at the news this morning. I hope you’re furious at Swayman staying in Boston, at this number, for all of these years. I hope you’re f***ing sick to your stomachs. Because at least then, you’d be consistent.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
My momma told me if I have nothing nice to say about someone to make stuff up and lie thru my teeth ..

I am so elated that our offence starved team that had more shots in the plane than in the game has their goalie

Send him to Providence for conditioning.

Therewolf31

Jul 24, 2024
I never said he was not a good goaltender, he is, but now they have other holes, like RW, goal scoring, and future replacement for Marchand. So now to fix those holes they will need to move another position and weaken that but now we have a 66-million-dollar goaltender, which brings the grand total for goal tending on this team to over 11 million dollars............I am so f***n enthused.
If Korpisalo shows any kind of promise, he could be traded mid season with SOME money retained or they could send him to Providence and use Bussi. That would free up some money for a potential acquisition at the deadline

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I had it at $9M AAV for a long term deal. I’ll take $8.25M. By the mid point of his deal, his cap hit will be around 10th in the league for goalies which is about right. He will be about 30 at that point and shouldn’t regress to much by expiry 4 years later. Good deal considering all the leverage the Bruins poor handling of all this gave Swayman.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
My momma told me if I have nothing nice to say about someone to make stuff up and lie thru my teeth ..

I am so elated that our offence starved team that had more shots in the plane than in the game has their goalie

Send him to Providence for conditioning.

Florida panthers won a cup with a higher percentage of cap allocated to goalies than the bruins this year.

They certainly had enough offense.

It’s up to Sweeney to build an offense that’s up to par.

Reactions: KWbruin

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Yesterday I said the Bruins last offer will be 8.2 so I wasn't far off.
We are overpaying obviously but if he puts up stellar numbers in the next 3-4 years then he will be worth it.
Saddened though how greed, bitching, whining handcuffed a team and to a degree still will for the next few weeks till he spends some time getting use to some of the new guys.

Oh well.
Hockey on!

Reactions: Bodit9

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If Korpisalo shows any kind of promise, he could be traded mid season with SOME money retained or they could send him to Providence and use Bussi. That would free up some money for a potential acquisition at the deadline
Does Bussi make it through waivers to get sent down to Providence.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This is just the opening act

We got the plot, identified a few villains, Lonnie gave us his interpretation of a hissy fit, Swayman has helped us understand Gen Z better, we know 64 M is on the table, we learned Sway post hockey career and sing some songs

Act 2 comes today, tomorrow,or Tuesday, and can only go one of two ways

Signed ~ how long, how much, is he happy, sad, salty, going all Keyser Soze on us and the league, or does he stay the smiling happy to be here kid. Be interesting how he comes out of this.

Unsigned ~ the nerds break out the spread sheets and explain the ramifications, and we speculate on trades and if it’s better to wait to next off season ~ Sway goes to Russia to stay sharp where he plays for Moscow Dynamo and takes classes at Lomonosov Moscow State University.

Don't forget the villian to hero swerve by Neely, going from the greatest liar in the history of liars to wise and verbally nimble negotiator.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This ended how I figured after Cam's 64 million reasons comment. I guessed 8.1- 8.2/year. Anyways glad this is over and we got this over the line. There will be huge pressure on Swayman to deliver because he got seriously paid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad