Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI President Cam Speaks: Monty, Donny, & Charlie too!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Mod edit: @smithformeragent

As this situation continues to drag on:

Please keep the conversation pertinent to the topic and avoid making it personal.

Debate about the management of the salary cap and the performance of the general manager fits into the context of the conversation, but we’ll avoid dividing fans into camps like “pro-player” and “team apologist”.

Thanks!

Continue if you must. No flaming!

Last edited by a moderator:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Got to trade him now. Hopefully they can get decent return and not a repeat of the Ullmark disaster.

It’s time for the corpse in Boston I guess; I really hope Bussi pans out in the next couple of years or this could get really dark.
Yeah but how do you trade a guy with a bad contract? Swayman is asking for a deal that will re-set the goalie market. Why would anyone take that on?

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I can't imagine there is a GM in the NHL dumb enough to offer sheet more than 8x8 and risk that many top draft picks. I am not sure there are any GM's in the NHL that would sign him to a bigger contract then 8x8 based on his resume.

If I am a fan of a team and my GM does either I am 100% calling for him to be fired.

if a GM does either of them and Sway with his limited resume doesn't live up to the potential that GM would have a hard time ever finding another job as a GM.

Reactions: BMC

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Yeah but how do you trade a guy with a bad contract? Swayman is asking for a deal that will re-set the goalie market. Why would anyone take that on?
what if he is looking for 4/36 "resetting the goalie market" Waiting to see the next Lewis leak...better than Days of Our Lives

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I can't imagine there is a GM in the NHL dumb enough to offer sheet more than 8x8 and risk that many top draft picks. I am not sure there are any GM's in the NHL that would sign him to a bigger contract then 8x8 based on his resume.

If I am a fan of a team and my GM does either I am 100% calling for him to be fired.

if a GM does either of them and Sway with his limited resume doesn't live up to the potential that GM would have a hard time ever finding another job as a GM.

At this point it would be trading his rights for a late pick rather than someone throwing out an offer sheet

Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
In all seriousness, this is the equivalent of management going nuclear.

Not saying it’s the wrong play, but you wonder if this thing is salvageable.
I've never seen them do this before. It is 100% salvagable and it puts the Swayman camp on notice that they too, can go to the media if need be.

Swayman has been going to the media to air shit since arbitration didn't go his way. The last straw was Spittin Chicklets. Glad Cam said something, When you piss Cam off, you know you've stepped in it,

Sway needs to sign the deal and ditch the agent.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If all rumors a true....

Swayman wants 8yr/$9.5 million
Bruins are at 8yr/$8 million

They're closer than we've been led to believe. Just meet somewhere in the middle at around $8.4 to $8.8 and call it a day.
8x8 is a good enough deal that the Bruins don’t need to go up. No way they need to go to $8.8 just because Swayman is at an absurd $9.5M (in your scenario).

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I've never seen them do this before. It is 100% salvagable and it puts the Swayman camp on notice that they too, can go to the media if need be.

Swayman has been going to the media to air shit since arbitration didn't go his way. The last straw was Spittin Chicklets. Glad Cam said something, When you piss Cam off, you know you've stepped in it,

Yup. I get going through arbitration and hearing unfiltered facts about yourself is rough but he played the sympathy card all last season with it. Fans defended him then, and all summer saying we need to pay him.

64 million is payment for him being flexible last year, and is extremely generous for someone with his track record. Wonder how he reacts to all of the “mean” comments again now that the fans are leaving his side. He’s getting bad advice.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Sway's agent was also Nylander's when he sat out until f***ing November a few years ago.
I said it early so Im repeating but I do wonder if it comes down to Swayman pulling a Nylander and saying enough is enough to this same agent and ends this whole thing.

I wonder this even more so now after this presser

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

best post in the thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad