Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI President Cam Speaks: Monty, Donny, & Charlie too!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Mod edit: @smithformeragent

As this situation continues to drag on:

Please keep the conversation pertinent to the topic and avoid making it personal.

Debate about the management of the salary cap and the performance of the general manager fits into the context of the conversation, but we’ll avoid dividing fans into camps like “pro-player” and “team apologist”.

Thanks!

Continue if you must. No flaming!

Last edited by a moderator:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Swayman really wants McAvoy's deal huh. He told Neely he wants to play here, but actions speak louder than words. 8x8 is a very generous offer based on his resume.

Yeah sounds like he wants shorter term.
Swayman's camp also wants a long-term deal.

Reactions: BTO

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
He's not going to get more than 8 from anybody. The Governors will silently collude (that's what sports owners do) that they do not want to set a new precedent for goalies.
Just look at how the NFL devalued RBs.

Reactions: BTO

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Swayman really wants McAvoy's deal huh. He told Neely he wants to play here, but actions speak louder than words. 8x8 is a very generous offer based on his resume.

Did anyone confirm that 8x8 was offered?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
You can just feeeeel the fanbase turning now. You love to see it.
I mean can you blame them (us)?

The fact that the Bruins came out with the number like that, which they have literally never done, shows how frustrated they are with this.

Kudos to Neely laying the cards down like that. Put the pressure on Swayman and this doofus agent.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Did anyone confirm that 8x8 was offered?
I mean it could have been 4x$16M but Cam saying $64M pretty much tells you what you need to know.
Ah ok. Sorry I haven't been keeping up the last day or so. That's a pretty serious offer for sure.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Cam as always gives you way more than Donny.
  • He said one thing he always hated as a player and likes about Don is that he doesn't start with a lowball offer.
  • He said he was surprised at Swayman's initial ask.
  • He said he asked Swayman directly if he wanted to play here and he said yes.
  • He said Swayman has been offered $64m.
  • And when asked he said, Yes Swayman is trying to re-set the goalie market.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
I agree 8x$8 seems more than fair and I love that Neely brought it up.

That said, and I know negotiations are always negotiations, you dont trade away your leverage for less than his value and then allow yourself to get to this point where Swayman isn’t taking what we think is a “fair offer”. They should have known what it would take before they deal Ullmark and avoided any acrimony. Or they should have dealt him and signed Ullmark at the draft.

Either way this still stinks of Sinden management BS. Lowball, wait. come up to reasonable and then start insulting.

Next up he either takes the deal or the Bruins ratchet up the acrimony and deal him for less than they’d have gotten this summer.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Yep, and good luck with that. If their expectation is to consume the entire rest of the cap or move someone to get more than $8m, Id tell them to f*** off too.

Im not usually a FO supporter but as far as Im concerned they stood tall at 8x8.
You're ok with him saying it in a news conference? Guessing they hope he fires his agent.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Good on Neely. There are plenty of reasons to criticize our management but this is not one of them. Assuming 8x8 has been on the table, this is a bad look for his agent at minimum.

Pasta won a Rocket and had a 61G/113P season before he got paid. McAvoy was our #1 for years and was top 5 in Norris voting at least once before he did.

Respectfully, Swayman has not done shit. His potential is plenty factored into an 8x8 deal.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Cam as always gives you way more than Donny.
  • He said one thing he always hated as a player and likes about Don is that he doesn't start with a lowball offer.
  • He said he was surprised at Swayman's initial ask.
  • He said he asked Swayman directly if he wanted to play here and he said yes.
  • He said Swayman has been offered $64m.
  • And when asked he said, Yes Swayman is trying to re-set the goalie market.
I mean they both also lied about knowing Mitchell Miller's history, but you usually don't get this kind of frustration out of management. A news conference with bite!

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad