Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI President Cam Speaks: Monty, Donny, & Charlie too!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Mod edit: @smithformeragent

As this situation continues to drag on:

Please keep the conversation pertinent to the topic and avoid making it personal.

Debate about the management of the salary cap and the performance of the general manager fits into the context of the conversation, but we’ll avoid dividing fans into camps like “pro-player” and “team apologist”.

Thanks!

Continue if you must. No flaming!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hazelwig

Feb 24, 2023
This is a fair point, but I have to think that most teams manage by cap % vs $$. if 8.5m is ~10% of the cap in 2024 and the cap moves +5% each year, then by 2028 $10.5m will be the same cap % share. And, the lower years allows you to cut bait easier if Swayman turns out to be unable to sustain his success over 55 games + playoffs for four years. Goalies are super weird and Swayman just simply has not proven he's "the guy" for the next 8 years. I imagine Sweeney and Evan Gold have a deep strategy on how to manage a team that will not be getting a top 15 pick in the next four years and they don;t want the massive wildcard of a goalie screwing up their plans. If they're dedicated to it, that means negotiating hard or unfortunately, a trade.
aaaaandd...it looks like given Neely's comments that 8x8 is on the table. I'm not thrilled about that, and definitely surprised that's not enough to get it done. If Sway wants $9 or more, then...wow

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Also puts it on Swayman’s camp to verbalize their ask. Going to be tough to defend a 8x$9.5M ask.

Yep, and good luck with that. If their expectation is to consume the entire rest of the cap or move someone to get more than $8m, Id tell them to f*** off too.

Im not usually a FO supporter but as far as Im concerned they stood tall at 8x8.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I think we have all had the feeling it is going to come down to Swayman pulling a Nylander and saying, "hey enough is enough, I want to (and need to) play."

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Ok, that's exactly what I was hoping Neely would step up and do. Say enough of this crap and throw it out there.

If Swayman turned his nose up at 8x8 then that completely changes the argument and the "blame meter". 8x8 is honestly a perfect spot to land at, he gives up a million or so and the Bruins give an extra million or so. If this is the route he's choosing then F it, he can sit and I wont be happy watching Korpisalo out there but the anger wont be on the front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad