Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI President Cam Speaks: Monty, Donny, & Charlie too!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Mod edit: @smithformeragent

As this situation continues to drag on:

Please keep the conversation pertinent to the topic and avoid making it personal.

Debate about the management of the salary cap and the performance of the general manager fits into the context of the conversation, but we’ll avoid dividing fans into camps like “pro-player” and “team apologist”.

Thanks!

Continue if you must. No flaming!

Last edited by a moderator:

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
The difference is both sides have been using the media and then Neely decided to go unprofessional and nuked it. “We really want Jeremy regardless of the fact he’s a greedy person. Be sure to cheer him on regardless after we sign it”
Is the statement surrounded by quotation marks a word for word statement from Neely or did you make that up? Because that would be rich coming from someone that has been arguing with others for days on end for misquoting Swayman.

I’ve been more on Swayman’s side than management’s during these negotiations but if he’s really rejecting a $64M contract for his less-than-150 GP resume, he can go pound sand with his agent.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
are they crying or are they offering an unproven full time goal tender top 5 money and hes telling podcasters that hes being insulted by offers? bc it doesnt really feel like crying to me, it feels like a direct message

Do we know how long 8x8 has been on the table? no, no we don't. For all we know they gave him that offer yesterday.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
are they crying or are they offering an unproven full time goal tender top 5 money and hes telling podcasters that hes being insulted by offers? bc it doesnt really feel like crying to me, it feels like a direct message

At very minimum it’s distasteful.

By the looks of it the national media is now calling out the bruins on their comments from this press conference.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Bad look by management here crying to the media about this. Can tell it’s getting under managements skin.

Certainly doesn’t look good around the league to have Cam Neely making comments saying “swayman has $64 million reasons to be playing right now”

Players and agents are definitely taking note.
Bad look by Swayman and/or his agent for pushing the narrative of being lowballed when Swayman is the one looking for more than he's shown he deserves while he has perfectly fair offer on the table

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Do we know how long 8x8 has been on the table? no, no we don't. For all we know they gave him that offer yesterday.
youre not wrong but thats not my assumption bc i think they wanted him in camp and to be a part of the squad

regardless - the offer has been made and he's not signed ...

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Bad look by Swayman and/or his agent for pushing the narrative of being lowballed when Swayman is the one looking for more than he's shown he deserves while he has perfectly fair offer on the table

Again we have no idea the sequence of events there’s the possibility he was being lowballed and the 8x8 is a recent offer.

Or it could have been the offer the whole time.

But all of it is nothing more than assumptions right now

Reactions: dangermike

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I have a hard time believing that bruins offer has been on the table for a long time

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
A swing and a miss for you too.

You can’t have it both ways Wally. If Neely is only answering a question then so wasn’t swayman in that interview.

But sure continue on!
I think you are off base a little, Cam has not said much about this contract dispute, Swayman has been whining from day one since arbitration decision. Cam, like many of us are getting fed up with the whole process. Everyone compares McAvoy and Pasta talks, there is a big difference we really did not hear from them. Time to move on from Sway.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Not really because to this day those words have never come out of his mouth.
It ain't hard to put two and two together on this one.

What the Bruins are offering is inline with what goalies who are upcoming UFAs with multiple ~60 start seasons playing at a Vezina-candidate level under their belt have got. He already has a deal on the table that, IMO, resets the market for what typical RFA goalies at his age/experience sign for.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Things that appear to be fact.

Bruins offered 64 mil

Things we don't know

Does Swayman want 8 years? He said he wants to be a Bruin, maybe he wants 4 years then 8 years.

Lockout protection

Any salary deferrals ala Seth Jarvis

NMC set up. How many years, how iron clad, list of teams every year or full NMC?

Bonus structure. How much in a signing bonus? Does he want a Tkachuk style deal or McAvoy style deal?

Reactions: gab6511 and Pia8988

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think you are off base a little, Cam has not said much about this contract dispute, Swayman has been whining from day one since arbitration decision. Cam, like many of us are getting fed up with the whole process. Everyone compares McAvoy and Pasta talks, there is a big difference we really did not hear from them. Time to move on from Sway.

National media taking it even further than I am.

So I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad