Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI .. *crickets*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Now look who is taking swipes at another player! Hypocrite!
I’m not insulting his character he’s prob a great guy he’s just not good lol. I’m not making it up.

They paid Pasta and McAvoy big dollars, so I don't think it's an issue of spending. It really does make you wonder what the hell *is* going on here, though.
Sounds like a GM agent cat fight with the player paying the price

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Zadorov will not be a 3rd pair D. Did you watch him in the PO? He was more
impactful than any Boston LD man in the PO. Lohre will get 3rd pair reps and some PP time.
Agreed. He is a middle-pairing guy and Boston will use him like one if he isn't a disaster (and no reason to think he will be). The plan as we know it right now is for him to play with McAvoy, with Lindholm and Carlo the shut-down pair then Lohrei and whoever, probably Peeke. I feel confident Zado will play up to his contract.

Sounds like a GM agent cat fight with the player paying the price
Could well be. If that is the case, and Swayman really want to play here, he can fire his agent and get another one. I think that is more realistic than Cam firing Don over this, but that would work too.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Korpisalo when not cherrypicking one run in one season but instead looking at the biggest sample size possible: .903
Swayman looking at his biggest sample size possible: .919
Not one run - that was for the whole season. Last year he didn't have the luxury of playing part time alongside the last Vezina winner.

Korpisaloh yeah!

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Dan why do you think he wanted Korpi over Forsberg? What about Korpisalo's game (glove? rebound control? recovery?) has him as a better bet for the Bruins than Forsberg? I'm curious why Goalie Bob gave the thumb down to the guy who seemed to be the better asset.
my goaltending was limited to standing between two boots in a pond, and a doorway in the cellar.

But he has 115 career wins before 30. Was very good twice - when playing behind a strong Columbus team and D (Werenski, Seth Jones, Garikov, David Savard), and Kings D that featured Doughty, Anderson, Durzi etc

If Swayman was signed you get Forsberg but Sorcerer Bob likes Korpi likely

Carlo & Lindholm played Tuesday and you could see they were engaged with Korpi communicating with him

Going to Boston from Ottawa is like Sam Darnold going from Jets to Vikings, Jim Plunkett ending up on Raiders after Patriots

Or Rick Sutcliffe in 1984 mid season going from Cleveland to the Cubs

Sutcliffe’s 1984 season began with a 4-5 record and a 5.15 ERA in Cleveland before he got traded to the Cubs, where he went 16-1 with a 2.69 ERA

“We were in last place, 27 games out and overnight, I was in 1st place,” recalled Sutcliffe as he credited his teammates as the reason his season turned around the way it did. “Each one of these guys had a lot to do with that summer.”

I expect Swayman & Korpi to replicate Rask & Halak over next 3 years

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
"Forced to scramble"??? Words of journalistic sensationalism.
The Bruins may be forced at the moment due to prolonged contract negotiations, but don't let anyone be fooled they are not scrabbling. The use of the word scrabble implies 'caught off guard,' but the Bruins knew this was a possibility going into the fall and possibly the season. I would call it a major inconvenience, but definitely not a scramble. Yes, I am critical of people who over exaggerate a situation at the expense of casual readers/fans who may not follow developments closely or know what to expect on the business side of the game.
Other than disagreeing with that statement the article seems to be a recap of 'What's Bruin and the Dom hockey podcast' discussion of the contract negotiations.

My apologies.

I do not listen to that program.

🏃🔨 👉👀👈

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Career playoff save %
Swayman .922
Korpisalo .922

1727387798918.gif

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sure and then they let DeBrusk walk without replacing him. So they plugged a hole at center and created one at wing. Then they traded for a backup goalie that’s overpaid, and overpaid for a bottom pairing free agent dman to add to the over paid bottom pairing dman they traded for at the deadline. That’s a lot of money to be paying bottom pairing dmen and backs ups, no? Especially when their top 6 is filled with dudes they elevated from the bottom 6 because they didn’t have enough actual top 6 players

So, do you think they should have spent less and got players inferior to Zadorov, Peeke and Korpisalo? That doesn't really make for a better team, does it?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
So, do you think they should have spent less and got players inferior to Zadorov, Peeke and Korpisalo? That doesn't really make for a better team, does it?

They certainly could have gotten at worst equal if not better for less money in regards to Peeke and Korpisalo

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
All you need to know is the Bruins had 135 points and the GM got a C in the Athletic from their followers

When I want objective Bruins analysis I look in the mirror

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
My apologies.

I do not listen to that program.

🏃🔨 👉👀👈
No need for you to apologize, my friend. I was venting at the poor choice of words, the phrase, used by whoever wrote that article.
It's been a bad couple of months for me and today I find myself officially unemployed. Maybe I'll find and open that bottle of Johnny Walker Black stashed in the cabinet under the kitchen counter to sooth my nerves. Won't happen, but it is a thought.

Reactions: GordonHowe

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Would you guys judge me if you knew I was cruising down a small town street, blasting We Run by Strange Advance as the sun sets on the horizon, staring contemplatively as I long for resolution to the Jeremy Swayman contract dispute

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
No need for you to apologize, my friend. I was venting at the poor choice of words, the phrase, used by whoever wrote that article.
It's been a bad couple of months for me and today I find myself officially unemployed. Maybe I'll find and open that bottle of Johnny Walker Black stashed in the cabinet under the kitchen counter to sooth my nerves. Won't happen, but it is a thought.

I'm sorry to hear about this.

I have been unemployed often and it is no fun, as you know.

I'm a drinker myself, though far less these days. If it is a rabbit hole for you, best seal it up, so of course we have our good days and we have our bad days.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Would you guys judge me if you knew I was cruising down a small town street, blasting We Run by Strange Advance as the sun sets on the horizon, staring contemplatively as I long for resolution to the Jeremy Swayman contract dispute
Great tune.
/puts on Frozen Ghost - Should I See.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad