Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI .. *crickets*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
If I can get over my parents not buying me a red Firebird (I was willing to even get my own 8 track put in) when I turned 17 I think Swayman needs to as well get over arbitration
So so glad you said Firebird and Not Trans-Am. Did NOT want you wavering from elite status!!!!

Mine was a 1977 Blue Triumph TR6 ragtop.

Reactions: Dr Hook

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Perhaps it could be all they are going to get him to agree to at this point, so it's either that or Sway sits? We have no idea how much bad blood is being created through this process. If you were Sweeney and the final option was a 2 year deal, would you do it to have him in the lineup this season and hope whatever has gone wrong will get ironed out in a couple of years?
Nope. Wouldn’t do it. Its malpractice for a player of this caliber. You’re back in negotiation hell next summer or you need to trade him. I don’t put myself willingly in that position.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Nope. Wouldn’t do it. Its malpractice for a player of this caliber. You’re back in negotiation hell next summer or you need to trade him. I don’t put myself willingly in that position.

I tend to agree with you-- if it got to that point, I'd probably trade him and take the egg on my face.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Im thinking bruins are not valuing the goalie position as a high priority money wise. If both are good with term as reported then it comes to $$. I hope they know what they are doing because if Swaymen sits even s bit its not in the best interest of the team. Korpi/ Bussi tandem scares the bejesus out of me

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I posited a possibility, because unlike you, apparently, I don't think Sweeney is a complete idiot who is just being cheap. Do I think Swayman really did a bad faith thing? Maybe. It happens. Did Don miscalculate what he thought Swayman would accept? Maybe. That also happens. But if you want to just argue about blame, I'm not your huckleberry.

Nice one, Doc!

• Haha
Reactions: Dr Hook and lopey

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Comparing the two is not favorable to your post. FWIW, they money they should have spent for a dynamic forward instead went to the backup goalie and the bottom paring defensemen. Had they not taken on Korpi's money, Peeke's money, and given Zadorov that overpayment, they'd have been able to sign Swayman and bring in a top 6 forward.

Like who?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So so glad you said Firebird and Not Trans-Am. Did NOT want you wavering from elite status!!!!

Mine was a 1977 Blue Triumph TR6 ragtop.
That’s a heck of a car - you got it, right ?

You keep saying this DK - why would you give him two years? That would be the best possible scenario for him. No chance anyone sane would do that.
If he doesn’t want to be here long term then it’s 2 like Necas although …..

sounds like Gross/Swayman have gone to radio silence I’m guessing at Sway’s request

I wonder where he’s getting ice and is he waif-like in the videos or is he at April playing weight

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Bruins did. They signed Lindholm.

Was any other top 6 forward available at his price or lower?
Sure and then they let DeBrusk walk without replacing him. So they plugged a hole at center and created one at wing. Then they traded for a backup goalie that’s overpaid, and overpaid for a bottom pairing free agent dman to add to the over paid bottom pairing dman they traded for at the deadline. That’s a lot of money to be paying bottom pairing dmen and backs ups, no? Especially when their top 6 is filled with dudes they elevated from the bottom 6 because they didn’t have enough actual top 6 players

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
"Forced to scramble"??? Words of journalistic sensationalism.
The Bruins may be forced at the moment due to prolonged contract negotiations, but don't let anyone be fooled they are not scrabbling. The use of the word scrabble implies 'caught off guard,' but the Bruins knew this was a possibility going into the fall and possibly the season. I would call it a major inconvenience, but definitely not a scramble. Yes, I am critical of people who over exaggerate a situation at the expense of casual readers/fans who may not follow developments closely or know what to expect on the business side of the game.
Other than disagreeing with that statement the article seems to be a recap of 'What's Bruin and the Dom hockey podcast' discussion of the contract negotiations.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Sweeney to me knew this was coming and why he wanted Korpi ~ Gross is his foil and he saw the Nylander deal and had the issues with Krug, and the arbitration with Swayman. I could be wrong (or right) but I don’t think he was surprised at all. I believe Goalie Bob gave him thumbs up on Korpi and they got contract at 3 M for 27 expected games (or more)
Dan why do you think he wanted Korpi over Forsberg? What about Korpisalo's game (glove? rebound control? recovery?) has him as a better bet for the Bruins than Forsberg? I'm curious why Goalie Bob gave the thumb down to the guy who seemed to be the better asset.

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Korpisalo when not cherrypicking one run in one season but instead looking at the biggest sample size possible: .903
Swayman looking at his biggest sample size possible: .919
The mental gymnastics here from people trying to make Korpisalo look like a good goalie is flat out slapstick comedy. He was awful last year and had some spurts in his career sure but he’s no Swayman. His body of work is not good. Now of course he should be better with the Bruins you would think but he’s no #1

If the Leafs acquired him this place would be laughing, but because he was forced on management he’s good.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I tend to agree with you-- if it got to that point, I'd probably trade him and take the egg on my face.
If the Bruins are fine with 8 years like has been reported holding back on the money is just stupid. They throw cap space away every season in the form of buyouts and bonuses and that nonsense.

After Reilly they have zero bad contracts for the next year or two.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
The mental gymnastics here from people trying to make Korpisalo look like a good goalie is flat out slapstick comedy. He was awful last year and had some spurts in his career sure but he’s no Swayman. His body of work is not good. Now of course he should be better with the Bruins you would think but he’s no #1

If the Leafs acquired him this place would be laughing, but because he was forced on management he’s good.
Now look who is taking swipes at another player! Hypocrite!

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Sure and then they let DeBrusk walk without replacing him. So they plugged a hole at center and created one at wing. Then they traded for a backup goalie that’s overpaid, and overpaid for a bottom pairing free agent dman to add to the over paid bottom pairing dman they traded for at the deadline. That’s a lot of money to be paying bottom pairing dmen and backs ups, no? Especially when their top 6 is filled with dudes they elevated from the bottom 6 because they didn’t have enough actual top 6 players
Zadorov will not be a 3rd pair D. Did you watch him in the PO? He was more
impactful than any Boston LD man in the PO. Lohre will get 3rd pair reps and some PP time.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If the Bruins are fine with 8 years like has been reported holding back on the money is just stupid. They throw cap space away every season in the form of buyouts and bonuses and that nonsense.

After Reilly they have zero bad contracts for the next year or two.

They paid Pasta and McAvoy big dollars, so I don't think it's an issue of spending. It really does make you wonder what the hell *is* going on here, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad