Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It doesn't have to be- Bergeron took less than what he could have gotten from them.

Marchand, bergeron and pasta all took less on deals and Sweeney couldn’t build a cup winner.

Why would swayman take less to win if the GM couldn’t do it over the past decade with the perfection line?

Players took less off the winning culture Chiarelli built. Now that it’s lost its luster with Sweeney no one is taking less anymore.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I have no idea who the Bruins used as a comp. I also don't know who Gross used as a comp to Swayman but I'll bet it was every bit as unrealistic as the Bruins' choice. Do you think Gross' choice was a 100% honest & fair comparison?

You know as well as I do that in arbitration the team tries to portray the player in the worst possible light & the agent tries to portray the player in the best possible light. The arbiter usually splits things down the middle so neither side can claim victory.
Vladar was one of them. Vladar had less starts w/ worse numbers. So when you asked someone how the B's "didn't do right by him" I'd say using a comparison that is unfair so that you can save a million or so for 1 year is not doing right by a guy you want to be a cornerstone player for you.

You also avoided my question: Do you think Swayman is a better goalie than Vladar?

Yes, the arbitrator usually goes half way, all the more reason for the B's to have picked a realistic comp. If Vladar (2.2m) was the B's comp, and the arbitrator came in at 3.4m, we can assume that Sway's number was somewhere around 4.8 or maybe even 5m. If the B's made a realistic offer of 3million it would have cost them exactly a whopping 600k more on the cap (assuming the arbitrator would have still split the difference). Maybe 600k for 1 year is worth pissing off a cornerstone piece of your franchise... but Sweeney has overpaid on that for many players over his tenure.

I don't at all have an ethical problem with Sweeney using whatever he can to keep the salary low. I do think it's dumb as a strategy. I also don't have an ethical problem w/ Swayman using what he can to get the most that he can. But it's strange how when the player does it we get that he's "Greedy" or "why doesn't he take less like Bergeron". It's a ridiculous double standard

Reactions: EverettMike

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Marchand, bergeron and pasta all took less on deals and Sweeney couldn’t build a cup winner.

Why would swayman take less to win if the GM couldn’t do it over the past decade with the perfection line?

Players took less off the winning culture Chiarelli built. Now that it’s lost its luster with Sweeney no one is taking less anymore.

OK sure it has. I am amazed by the level of inside knowledge people on this board seem to thik they have., or do they :help:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
OK sure it has. I am amazed by the level of inside knowledge people on this board seem to thik they have., or do they :help:

I openly claim quite frequently to have zero knowledge. Nor did anything you just quote imply any form of inside knowledge

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

It's Sweeney's fault they didn't win another cup and not the players? Marchand, Bergeron and Krecji all kind of got hurt and spit the bit during the last Bergeron hurrah. They also gave up a bunch of picks to try and bolster that team. Marchand might have lost 3 games by himself with stupid plays. Why would Swayman want to stay here if he thought they weren't trying to win a cup?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It's Sweeney's fault they didn't win another cup and not the players? Marchand, Bergeron and Krecji all kind of got hurt and spit the bit during the last Bergeron hurrah. They also gave up a bunch of picks to try and bolster that team. Marchand might have lost 3 games by himself with stupid plays. Why would Swayman want to stay here if he thought they weren't trying to win a cup?

So mid to late 30s players who keep getting hurt, got hurt again? Imagine my surprise!

Oh I have no doubt Sweeney is trying to win a cup. I just seriously doubt his ability to do so. 9 season, and his teams have won multiple playoff series in just 1 season.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
#korpisaloforhart
IMG_20161125_230521.jpg

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
What was your plan? Rebuild in Bergeron's swan song after still being a top team in the league? Trade some of these 30 something's for picks?

Yes it’s very well documented around here I would have moved on from the old core after the 2022 first round loss to Carolina and built around pastrnak/mcavoy/swayman.

Not going to go through that whole conversation once again on this board. But I was ready to move on to the new iteration of this team after that loss.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I bolded the important part of your post

Either way, it seems to have played a part in pissing off their goalie, who now seems to have zero interest in doing Sweeney any favors.
aww ...poor Jeremy.
It's all part of negotiating.

JS beat the leafs in a play off round. So what. Like that's a real exclusive club.😊

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Yes it’s very well documented around here I would have moved on from the old core after the 2022 first round loss to Carolina and built around pastrnak/mcavoy/swayman.

Not going to go through that whole conversation once again on this board. But I was ready to move on to the new iteration of this team after that loss.
I don't think teams do that with face of the franchise players. I doubt Pitt would move Crosby, Malkin, Letang even though they are now a borderline playoff team. Bruins have managed to avoid that dip and are still in the hunt every year even if they came up short. Bruins seem to be regarded higher with national media than you view them. Every year is the year when Bruins finally fall apart and rebuild but it never happens.

Reactions: Grumpy Grizz

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I don't think teams do that with face of the franchise players. I doubt Pitt would move Crosby, Malkin, Letang even though they are now a borderline playoff team. Bruins have managed to avoid that dip and are still in the hunt every year even if they came up short. Bruins seem to be regarded higher with national media than you view them. Every year is the year when Bruins finally fall apart and rebuild but it never happens.

I don’t think they are going to fall apart and rebuild I just dont think Sweeney has what it takes to build a championship roster.

Very very big difference.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I don’t think they are going to fall apart and rebuild I just dont think Sweeney has what it takes to build a championship roster.

Very very big difference.
the 2022-2023 team won the Presidents Cup with 135 points heading into the playoffs. Seemed like a decent roster. Maybe you should list what you would have done that Sweeney failed at?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
the 2022-2023 team won the Presidents Cup with 135 points heading into the playoffs. Seemed like a decent roster. Maybe you should list what you would have done that Sweeney failed at?

1) I’ve had this conversation so many times on this board you are free to look through my old messages if you desire. So for a 2nd time I will once again tell you I’m not having this conversation

2) this is a swayman thread. Even if we started having this conversation it would get deleted in about 5 minutes for being off topic.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
1) I’ve had this conversation so many times on this board you are free to look through my old messages if you desire. So for a 2nd time I will once again tell you I’m not having this conversation

2) this is a swayman thread. Even if we started having this conversation it would get deleted in about 5 minutes for being off topic.
Sure. enjoy your night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad