Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
So you're completely comfortable with the idea of a long-term, sizable deal without proof he can handle it? You really can't understand the opposing point of view at all?
There really is no other side on a two year deal. It’s one year or four. And one year would be a nuclear issue.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeah, actually - I think I’m a sign long term or trade guy
The classic "up or out" strategy. Fine by me.

Do I wish he would play for 6mil? Absolutely. Do I wish Pastrnak made 9 instead of whatever stupid number he's at, of course. Gotta decide who's worth investing in and just f***ing dive in I suppose.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
He's going to be used as a comparable no matter what. "not ruining" the goalie market means not doing anything that would bring it down. Obviously he'd like to bring it up, but he clearly refuses to do anything that would allow other teams to say "look Swayman took this so you can't ask for that much."

That's beyond fair IMO if you care about your fellow union members.

The absolute funniest part of this is the fact that a certain beloved Bruin was used just in this manner so management could justify underpaying star players.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I hope DS and company do not get talked into giving JS a NMC with no possiblity of trading him.
I want the flexibility to move him if the price is right down the road.
A 16 team trade list would work for me.

No trade/move clauses are only for UFA's. Swayman is an RFA.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
No trade/move clauses are only for UFA's. Swayman is an RFA.
Faber just got NMC and a 15 team no trade for his last 3 years (when he was eligible to have one).

Seider got a 10 team NTC for his final 3 years.

Raymond got a 10 team NTC for his last 4 years.

Byfield got a 10 team in the last year of his five year deal.

Etc

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Ducks arent going to pay swayman.

Also Gibson is 31. Should have just kept Ullmark for cheaper at that point.
The hindsight is 20/20 here. I was on board with the Ullmark trade at the time, but now that Swayman has decided he's only playing if he gets a ridiculous contract I think most of us would like that trade back. What's done is done though and we have to figure out how to move forward with what we have. I think Gibson is a solid option if a considerable asset comes with him and if the Ducks are willing to pay Swayman.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I hope DS and company do not get talked into giving JS a NMC with no possiblity of trading him.
I want the flexibility to move him if the price is right down the road.
A 16 team trade list would work for me.
I think that is an excellent point, I would think this kid and his agent should not be given any edge, they will use it to the fullest extent as possible. Bottom line a trade is the only way out, they will never be reconciliation between either party.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think that is an excellent point, I would think this kid and his agent should not be given any edge, they will use it to the fullest extent as possible. Bottom line a trade is the only way out, they will never be reconciliation between either party.
You could replace “this kid and his agent” with “Don Sweeney” and it reads the exact same way.

What good is a negotiation without using whatever you have at your disposal as an edge?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ullmark is cheaper for only this year, and then he will be looking for a raise, they are also the same age.

And you think that raise at age 32 will be over $6.4m?

I doubt it.

Ullmark most likely cheaper regardless.

The hindsight is 20/20 here. I was on board with the Ullmark trade at the time, but now that Swayman has decided he's only playing if he gets a ridiculous contract I think most of us would like that trade back. What's done is done though and we have to figure out how to move forward with what we have. I think Gibson is a solid option if a considerable asset comes with him and if the Ducks are willing to pay Swayman.

We have zero confirmation swayman wants a “ridiculous contract”

There have been zero legitimate sources to confirm his asking price.

The closest thing we’ve seen is Elliot freedman saying he’s heard bruins offer was 4r/$6AAV and swayman wants McAvoy money.

However he immediately said he’s hasn’t been able to find a single person to confirm or dispute those numbers.

So pretty much useless.

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
"I want to set" would mean "I want to be the highest paid goalie.
Setting the market for something refers to the process of establishing a price range or quote for a particular security, commodity, or good.

Setting the market does not have to mean he wants to be the highest paid goalie.

It could also mean setting the market moving forward for RFA goaltenders who never had the starter role for a full season prior to said contract. This could be achieved without being the highest paid goaltender in the league.

You are entitled to your interpretation of what « I want to set » would mean, but what you think is not gospel and there are other very valid interpretations out there.
You disagree with the fact he NEVER SAID he wants to "set" the market even though he quite literally never said that?
Nobody can disagree to that because you are right he didn’t say it.

But you pushed your argument way further by saying he never said anything remotely close to anything related to setting the market.

We believe the talks about not ruining the market for other goalies are fairly close to the concept of setting a market (not remotely close to your concept of it as expressed previously, but still valid points of debate).

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
okay I’m being bad here because I really want Swayman but ‘what if’ bruins bank those dollars for trade deadline? Maybe sometime big out there that will help. (Assuming the make the playoffs). Plus they still hold Swaymans rights.

Reactions: Over the volcano

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Setting the market for something refers to the process of establishing a price range or quote for a particular security, commodity, or good.

Setting the market does not have to mean he wants to be the highest paid goalie.

It could also mean setting the market moving forward for RFA goaltenders who never had the starter role for a full season prior to said contract. This could be achieved without being the highest paid goaltender in the league.

You are entitled to your interpretation of what « I want to set » would mean, but what you think is not gospel and there are other very valid interpretations out there.

Nobody can disagree to that because you are right he didn’t say it.

But you pushed your argument way further by saying he never said anything remotely close to anything related to setting the market.

We believe the talks about not ruining the market for other goalies are fairly close to the concept of setting a market (not remotely close to your concept of it as expressed previously, but still valid points of debate).

LOL you can believe whatever you want, but that doesn't make it true. Words have meaning.

Also, considering he didn't use the word "set" you citing its definition instead of the definition for "ruin" is especially hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
okay I’m being bad here because I really want Swayman but ‘what if’ bruins bank those dollars for trade deadline? Maybe sometime big out there that will help. (Assuming the make the playoffs). Plus they still hold Swaymans rights.
Then we are praying on a quality rental to be available at a reasonable cost, and perhaps more farfetched we are banking on Korpisalo to lead the team to the promised land.

I’d rather throw the money at Swayman

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Terrible thought I just had...What if Swayman is the next Andrew Raycroft?

Imagine we're back in time watching Raycroft win the calder then get traded, not knowing we were getting a hall of fame goalie in return. What if we had signed Raycroft to a massive extension instead? What if history is repeating?

I'm going insane sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I really appreciated William Nylander sticking to his principles when he held out as an RFA for the sake of future young centers in the league. Selfless stuff that was.

Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad