Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Trade him. Every goalie in Boston looks and plays better than he does anywhere else.
Upside? - a great player will be coming back in any trade. Some more cap space created. Swaymans inflated ego leaves with him.
Downside ?.... I'll have to think about it.
Why would a team trade a lot for a G that is no better than Bussi or Korpisalo and who has an inflated ego that's asking for an overinflated salary?

Reactions: Pia8988

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
And this thread is still an abomination. You guys believe everything you read on the internet?

Reactions: Alicat

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
\

Seems like realistic numbers and probably close to what I see happening. It's not going to be 10, and I don't think he's asking for that. I do think the Bruins have stuck with 6-6.5m in some sort of deal, but not sure of the length on that one. Based on the comps they used and the offer they made in arbitration last year, I think it's not too illogical to say that they are in the "pay him less than he's actually worth, because we don't have to offer more" camp. That's fine. It's a tactic and they are within their rights.

I just think it's a dumb tactic with this particular player, and needlessly dumb and needlessly frugal.
Trouble was in the air when they went to arbitration with him and Frederic. Taught em hardball and now hes playing. Got to think Frederic will do the same next year as a UFA.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
They should talk to Chicago about a trade. Sweeney seems to get along well with their GM and they seem infatuated with ex-Bruins (Taylor Hall, Nick Foligno just named captain, Tyler Bertuzzi, Craig Smith, Pat Maroon).

And they have assets. Multiple 1sts and 2nds this year, good young center prospects, even a good young goalie prospect.
Mrazek, Kurashev, Boisvert and Gajan for Swayman and a 3

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Has any player whined about arbitration more than Swayman? Its all he brings up. Get over it and be an adult. His agent, Gross, was Nylander's when he held out. Use the early season to evaluate Bussi and Korpi while you have the roster spot. Swayman can use his credit card for a couple of months.
You do realize he talked about it in an interview when asked about it and he replied honestly. A much better tactic in answering a question than the Bruins brass did about Mitchell Miller.

I guess it could be possible he’s on a street corner stopping cars with an arbitration sucks billboard looking for donations.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
You do realize he talked about it in an interview when asked about it and he replied honestly. A much better tactic in answering a question than the Bruins brass did about Mitchell Miller.

I guess it could be possible he’s on a street corner stopping cars with an arbitration sucks billboard looking for donations.
He's talked about it multiple times since it happened, not just the latest interview. Mitch Miller has nothing to do with anything. He can start a podcast with his agent. He'll have free time.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Yes, Nathan Horton and it lead to a Stanley cup. Funny how that works out huh.

Unless you think Nathan Horton is a plug.
Man I freakin loved Nate - a damned near perfect hockey archetype

You guys ever get annoyed that you can’t help but like certain posters? @UncleRico won me over and it’s infuriating

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Trouble was in the air when they went to arbitration with him and Frederic. Taught em hardball and now hes playing. Got to think Frederic will do the same next year as a UFA.
I would try to lock Freddy up for a long time if I were them. Would start trying now, wouldn't cost that much IMO. He's a guy who prob could get 5 from a team in the UFA market with the way some of these deals are today.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Why isn't he in camp? Because he doesn't have a contract. Why would he go to camp and risk getting hurt. If he gets hurt with no contract then he's no getting paid and misses a season.

Do you work for free?
It’s obvious that one needs to sign to be in camp. I didn’t think I needed to mention that in my post. Oh lawd

Reactions: Bodit9

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I would too, but don't see him doing them any favors.

It is funny looking at what folks in here thought he was worth before he signed this deal to get him to UFA
I would try to lock Freddy up for a long time if I were them. Would start trying now, wouldn't cost that much IMO. He's a guy who prob could get 5 from a team in the UFA market with the way some of these deals are today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad