Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -neither elect arbitration (page 16)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
No that’s not even remotely close to what I said wtf hahaha.

I have no idea how you read what i said and even remotely came close to that assumption.

You said negotiations usually need deadlines in order to get things done and I was pointing out how that is an absurd take. As the overwhelming vast majority of deals (of all types) happen well before any deadline.
IMG_3577.jpeg

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I'm amazed after Pasta that you guys are posting at this volume.

Enjoy the Summer. They are getting it done. Imagine the egg on Sweeney's face if he traded Linus AND didn't Sway?

It'll happen.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
No that’s not even remotely close to what I said wtf hahaha.

I have no idea how you read what i said and even remotely came close to that assumption.
Personally, I'm not sure what point you're attempting to make. I understand @MarchysNoseKnows and what he's saying. That the urgency to get the UFA deals done is higher because if you don't act on the first of free agency, you likely lose the chance to acquire the player. But you don't have the same situation with your own RFAs.

You COULD have signed Swayman earlier. You CAN sign him after. Big name UFAs you can't wait on.

So what is the argument about?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Personally, I'm not sure what point you're attempting to make. I understand @MarchysNoseKnows and what he's saying. That the urgency to get the UFA deals done is higher because if you don't act on the first of free agency, you likely lose the chance to acquire the player. But you don't have the same situation with your own RFAs.

You COULD have signed Swayman earlier. You CAN sign him after. Big name UFAs you can't wait on.

So what is the argument about?

He’s saying they need deadlines to get things done.

I want to see a list of RFA’s that have needed to go up the December 1st deadline in the past to get done.

Barely any deals league wide of any variety need the required deadlines.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
He’s saying they need deadlines to get things done.

I want to see a list of RFA’s that have needed to go up the December 1st deadline in the past to get done.

Barely any deals league wide of any variety need the required deadlines.
I think you're getting hung up on some semantical argument. Does what I state above make sense? And does it conflict with who you're arguing with?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You didn’t ask me, but I have been saying for months the Bruins are going to have to pay $9M AAV. I just don’t know if it will be 6, 7, or 8 years. I reason that Tuukaa’s big extension would be $9.5M at today’s cap, it was deal that was considered fair at the time and in hindsight, and Tuukaa was a little more proven at that time.

Swayman certainly hasn't earned that type of salary yet.

Not even close.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Sweeney played his hand and traded Ullmark. Now he is in a corner and has to pay Swagman. Probably an overpayment too if I was his agent since Sweeney has no other options. 7 years at 8.5 is my guess.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I'm hoping that they have agreed on a number and years at least and the fight now is how it will be paid. I would assume that Swayman wants the potential lockout year salary paid as a bonus on the first of July so he gets paid for the year. If I remember Darth Jacobs has never been fond of this type of contract. If they are still negotiating years and dollars that is a bad sign to me.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If he were a free agent someone would overpay, correct. Like every other UFA.

But he's not a UFA. And he hasn't earned $9 mil a year yet.

Do teams base future contracts on what they’ve “earned” from past results or what they believe the player will do over the future years of the contract that is about to be given?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Rask got 11% of the cap in 13-14, never played a ton of games (had a better play-off than Swayman) so it's only fair Swayman gets 11% this go around. Either he is the guy or he isn't, and the Bruins seem to think he is, so pay the man. Having the "upper hand" is great when they aren't franchise goalies.

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad