Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -neither elect arbitration (page 16)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I wonder if Sweeneys low balling him and not budging a dime over 7m and Swaymans like F that, Don.
He signs him for 8 leaves them with zero flexibility cap wise, so you can forget any PTO signings and any other moves, unless you want to move someone else out. I also would say they need someone on this roster to take over that RW, position and that also makes it harder to look for a goal scorer at the deadline, or when the chance is there.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
He signs him for 8 leaves them with zero flexibility cap wise, so you can forget any PTO signings and any other moves, unless you want to move someone else out. I also would say they need someone on this roster to take over that RW, position and that also makes it harder to look for a goal scorer at the deadline, or when the chance is there.
I say F Swayman, accept 6.5 to 7 and at least give the team an opportunity to sign a PTO. You have had success but only over a limited period of time. Are you going to return a few mil if your game goes south?

Be realistic and do not gouge the team just because you have bargaining power with Ullmark gone.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I say F Swayman, accept 6.5 to 7 and at least give the team an opportunity to sign a PTO. You have had success but only over a limited period of time. Are you going to return a few mil if your game goes south?

Be realistic and do not gouge the team just because you have bargaining power with Ullmark gone.
I think if it was going to be $6.5-$7 he would already have been signed

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

I don’t understand this. If you assume the PTO makes the team, you’re looking at $1M salary at most. That PTO ostensibly beat out Lysell. So it’s a negligible cap increase. We don’t need $3M to sign a PTO.

Not sure why so many are eager to sign some PTO, but saying “F Swayman” in order to fit some replacement level player isn’t necessary from a cap space perspective at all.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
It is Swayman's agent's job to get Swayman the best possible contract for his client. Let's just assume Swayman wants to stay in Boston long-term and they are in the ballpark money wise, there can still be a number of other issues holding up the final contract. Things like: bonuses, no trade no movement, overall length, lockout protection, amongst other things. These things take time to iron out. And I may be wrong but if I remember correctly, the Bruins don't normally like to give lockout protection. And if in the end the final number puts Boston tight against the cap, I am sure they have contingency plans on how to deal with that.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I don’t understand this. If you assume the PTO makes the team, you’re looking at $1M salary at most. That PTO ostensibly beat out Lysell. So it’s a negligible cap increase. We don’t need $3M to sign a PTO.

Not sure why so many are eager to sign some PTO, but saying “F Swayman” in order to fit some replacement level player isn’t necessary from a cap space perspective at all.
Even without signing a PTO leave the team a little wiggle room with the Cap should they want to make a move during the season.

I still say F Swayman as he is being a greedy asshole. Sorry his feelings got hurt with last year's arbitration hearing, suck it up and be a man not a baby.

I do not know why a lot of people want to give him all the Cap availability that is left. Remember he is 1 piece of the overall team and not the saviour. 7 mil to me is not what I would call a slap in the face.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Even without signing a PTO leave the team a little wiggle room with the Cap should they want to make a move during the season.

I still say F Swayman as he is being a greedy asshole. Sorry his feelings got hurt with last year's arbitration hearing, suck it up and be a man not a baby.

I do not know why a lot of people want to give him all the Cap availability that is left. Remember he is 1 piece of the overall team and not the saviour. 7 mil to me is not what I would call a slap in the face.
I think it's his agent not him.

Swayman is just going about his life and getting ready for next year and he's left it all in his agent's hands. The agent is going to play hardball right down to the end and if it goes that far I truly believe Swayman will then step in and make a call or two and tell him to accept a number or he might even fire his agent and get a new one.

I'm not worried. It's clear Swayman wants to be here so he will be.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

You have no idea what Swayman is asking for. And if you put the same test to anyone who has signed a market deal - including Pastrnak and McAvoy - then they’re all “greedy assholes”. This seems to be quite an overreaction.

Reactions: jgatie

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Shesterkin and Demko make around 5 mil or so, why is Swayman worth 8 to 9 mil as some have suggested. He sure is not worth 4 mil more with his current resume.

Demko and Shetsterkin are 28 and 29 and have paid their dues.

Stud? He is a young goalie who has had a couple of good years.

This is my opinion and I am entitled to it. Let's just get it over so the team's overall plans and news can become the main focus and not just 1 individual.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Me after a round of fun Golf and making the huge mistake of reading this thread.

1724016200634.gif

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Shesterkin and Demko make around 5 mil or so, why is Swayman worth 8 to 9 mil as some have suggested. He sure is not worth 4 mil more with his current resume.

Demko and Shetsterkin are 28 and 29 and have paid their dues.

Stud? He is a young goalie who has had a couple of good years.

This is my opinion and I am entitled to it. Let's just get it over so the team's overall plans and news can become the main focus and not just 1 individual.

So in 1 year when shesterkin is making $10m+ is swayman worth $5m less than that?

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
So in 1 year when shesterkin is making $10m+ is swayman worth $5m less than that?
Give him a good raise not the whole friggin pot of gold. Be realistic is your boss going to say your doing a great for a while now so I will double your salary.

I do not think Sweeney will just cave in to all demands. Bad pattern to set when you will always be dealing with FAs.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Give him a good raise not the whole friggin pot of gold. Be realistic is your boss going to say your doing a great for a while now so I will double your salary.

I do not think Sweeney will just cave in to all demands. Bad pattern to set when you will always be dealing with FAs.
You post like I spit. All over the place.

Reactions: DominicT

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

You are correct. The Bruins can certainly still bring in a PTO, because if one were to make the team someone with a similar contract would get buried in the minors

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Not sure about your job, but If I were to be a “free agent” in my line of work, there wouldn’t be at least 10 other organizations lining up to double my salary as would be swaymans case in a year

Reactions: lopey

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Sweeney felt it was more important to overpay Lindholm and Zadorov over getting his franchise goalie signed. You can agree or disagree with that strategy, but it's not Swayman's fault that Sweeney made that decision, and it's not being greedy.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Sweeney felt it was more important to overpay Lindholm and Zadorov over getting his franchise goalie signed. You can agree or disagree with that strategy, but it's not Swayman's fault that Sweeney made that decision, and it's not being greedy.
I don’t get this.

Zadorov and Lindholm had deadlines of July 1 - letting them go past day 1 and you almost certainly lose them.

Swayman’s deadline is still quite far in the future.

You’re saying Sweeney didn’t value signing Swayman as much as signing free agents. I don’t understand that leap?

Reactions: KurtDangle

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Just trade Swayman already if he wants north of 7-7.5M.
Just fire Sweeney if he traded his Vezina winning goalie for a cap dump and a 1st without having his franchise goalie already under contract.

(That said, the deal will get done and it will be north of 7m)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad