Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I think it's possible that Bussi would be claimed, but not probable. I'm not sure he's shown enough to have too many interested parties. But of course it only takes one.

My take is Sweeney would like to keep him, because he is a solid option for Providence and to have around should something go wrong in Boston. But he's not going to bury JK to do it. Don will simply take his chances with waivers, see if Bussi clears, and then deal with it as necessary if he doesn't.

My personal opinion is that, while I would have preferred that Korpisalo wasn't signed in the first place, now that he's here the Bruins just have to roll with it and see what they can make of him. You don't put a 30-year-old on $5 mil in the AHL for re-tooling - he has nothing of value he can learn down there - rather you let him play with the big boys and see if he sinks or swims. Bussi has some talent and potential, but end of the day his stats to date are no more than ok. I don't believe he's done enough to warrant moving from the opening roster a guy who, whatever his faults, is a nearly 10-year NHL veteran on decent coin. You start with the vet and go from there.

I respect that you see it differently, but I am 99% certain that, whatever you or I think, Bussi's getting waived.
And I respect that you always agree to disagree when opinions differ.

We shall see.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I know, but JK's total wage is $5 mil. Point being that this is an established goalie earning serious money. Whatever his shortcomings or past form issues, you don't bury that in the minors unless your hand is really forced. If Sway does hold out past the start of the season, this debate becomes academic anyway.
You already own that contract, that does not mean if Bussi shows better than Korpaslo, you keep him because he is owed the most money.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not kowtowing to the Boston media is a good thing considering the amount of jack offs that work in it. I think he's got enough things checked off on his resume to have the right to defend his organization against false reporting.

Sweeney tells blatant lies half the time himself. No sympathy.

Reactions: Fenian24

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Apparently Donnie has a thing against falsehoods.... unless it's saying that they had no idea about the full extent about the Mitch Miller situation, when they also said they studied it for a year and there were both public court documents and a pretty widely read article that detailed it all.

I'm all for going after Biz and the like for false reporting. But the sanctimonious posturing was a bit over the top.

Who leaked the rumors that you were spreading yesterday? Gross?
Jason Pelletier

And all of these are just unsubstantiated claims by you.
If you say so

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Gross is just doing what his client wants.

Judging by how wrong every rumor/source has been about nearly everything this summer involving the bruins, I would imagine the Gross rumors are just as inaccurate.
Maybe Sway is just going along with his agent.

If you trade Swayman you better make sure you're getting actual assets back. Multiple 1sts and a Center and Goalie. No 4th liners and no toss in picks for taking garbage contracts
You are not getting multiple 1sts, unless you just happen to be the GM.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
There is history

If you lose in arbitration and you presented the case you are going to blame the other screwing you

the one leaking all the shit was Gross - 100 %

He plays this way

He F’d up Krug and good on Torey being loyal to him

End of day there is plenty of time to get done and a lot of people thought so including FOS & FOSGF

This is pure speculation of course, but it rings true that Gross would be the source of the leak. In his interests, or at least so he might think, and I think the record it pretty solid that Sweeney's office doesn't leak, nor would it make any sense for them to have given out that sort of info. And I'm not a fan of Spittin Chiclets but I don't think they'd have gone with this unless the source was considered reliable. At the same time the claim itself sounds so obviously false that you have to question their judgment in running with it.

Regardless, pretty clear that Gross plays hard ball, is seemingly not afraid to play a bit dirty too, highly likely he is not Don's favourite agent to deal with. But he is not there to win friends, he's there to get the best deal for his client, by whatever means necessary. What the client has to hope is his own career is not damaged in the process.

But the risks of that here are small. We see who blinks first and how much, and once the deal is done - and it will be - any animosity and angst will be forgotten very quickly. Time moves fast in hockey. Obviously the sooner it gets done the better, but for now we can only wait it out.

Reactions: BMC

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
If Sway keeps holding out, Bussi is going to get his chance anyway. Not ideal for the Bruins, but for Bussi it's seize the day. Every time he's on the ice is a chance to impress.
From a strictly Bussi perspective, it would be great if he could hit the ground running and be as impressive he was with Providence in 22-23. That would also make roster/waivers issues, as you'd certainly lose Bussi if he goes on waivers after playing well.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If Sway keeps holding out, Bussi is going to get his chance anyway. Not ideal for the Bruins, but for Bussi it's seize the day. Every time he's on the ice is a chance to impress.
Bussi vs Diepetro. Anything is possible.

Swayman and his agent have absolutely no leverage in this negotiation. Other than Swayman sitting out the year.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Swayman and his agent have absolutely no leverage in this negotiation. Other than Swayman sitting out the year.

Absolutely none seems extreme. We all know Swayman is a top 5 (or close) goalie, the other two options would be close to 30th.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Disagree here. As Ty Anderson just wrote, the Bruins are built from the net out. They need a genuine A grade goalie in net or the whole house of cards is almost certain to fall apart. Very unlikely they're going to outscore too many teams in shootout-type games. And the chances that their other goalie options can play to that required level are very low. So for me, that's Sway's best leverage - he can seriously damage if not completely destroy any chance Boston have of making a legit run this year purely by sitting out. For a team like the Bruins where playoffs are almost a non-negotiable, that's some solid clout.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
What's the word right now? My buddy said that Sway is sitting out camp and I don't have the energy today to peruse the past 10 pages

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Disagree here. As Ty Anderson just wrote, the Bruins are built from the net out. They need a genuine A grade goalie in net or the whole house of cards is almost certain to fall apart. Very unlikely they're going to outscore too many teams in shootout-type games. And the chances that their other goalie options can play to that required level are very low. So for me, that's Sway's best leverage - he can seriously damage if not completely destroy any chance Boston have of making a legit run this year purely by sitting out. For a team like the Bruins where playoffs are almost a non-negotiable, that's some solid clout.
Agree to disagree. The D core and forward support will help either goalie option. Swayman would allow the team to play a more aggressive style. I could be wrong but doubt the bruins are worried about the hold out. Btw I believe a deal will get done before game 1 regular season.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Agree to disagree. The D core and forward support will help either goalie option. Swayman would allow the team to play a more aggressive style. I could be wrong but doubt the bruins are worried about the hold out. Btw I believe a deal will get done before game 1 regular season.

Fair. We will see. But yeah I also think a deal will be done by that time at the latest.

Reactions: Blowfish

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
And if Sinden was gm we have no cup in 2011 as well
Sinden would have traded Thornton....no question.
Would he have got a better return? maybe.
Would he have signed Chara and Savard, with the freed up cap space? Doubt it.

Reactions: lopey

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad