Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Almost every single arbitration award is down the middle of the two asks. The Bruins knew that which is why they set their offer where they did. Gross should have known it too - could have just gone there without going to arb.

Dom goes into this in a lot of detail on his pod (I think two pods ago).

I didn't ask about after they filed (though MANY deals are made right before the actual hearing, including by the Bs, which raises the question why it didn't happen this time). I asked if you seriously think the agent didn't have any idea what the Bs were offering before he filed. Are you actually suggesting there were no negotiations beforehand?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I didn't ask about after they filed (though MANY deals are made right before the actual hearing, including by the Bs, which raises the question why it didn't happen this time). I asked if you seriously think the agent didn't have any idea what the Bs were offering before he filed. Are you actually suggesting their were no negotiations beforehand?
No. I think Gross obviously misplayed his hand or else he wouldn’t have put his client in position to get butthurt in arbitration.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I left Swayman a voice mail telling him to hurry the f*** up, HFboards Bruins forum is exploding.

Coach Bergeron.
In all due respect to Bergeron, great player, but I get the impression last few years, he played GM and coach to some degree........

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
So you agree, they DID negotiate beforehand. Obviously.

Do you think the Bs offered more or less than what Swayman was ultimately awarded?
Probably right around what they awarded.

Who would think they didn’t have any negotiations before Swayman filed? You could let the date pass and keep negotiating though. Instead it’s apparent Gross put his client in a situation that wasn’t good for him, given Swayman’s comments. At best Gross didn’t prepare him well enough.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Probably right around what they awarded.

Who would think they didn’t have any negotiations before Swayman filed? You could let the date pass and keep negotiating though. Instead it’s apparent Gross put his client in a situation that wasn’t good for him, given Swayman’s comments. At best Gross didn’t prepare him well enough.

LOL

Or maybe Swayman is telling the truth and the Bruins lied during the hearing?

Thing is: WE DON'T KNOW.

But you're the one who started this by saying they could have "negotiated." Now you're admitting they obviously did, but not giving any credence the very plausible possibility Swayman's well paid, very experienced agent knew arbitration was their best path forward because the Bs were coming in too low.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
LOL

Or maybe Swayman is telling the truth and the Bruins lied during the hearing?

Thing is: WE DON'T KNOW.

But you're the one who started this by saying they could have "negotiated." Now you're admitting they obviously did, but not giving any credence the very plausible possibility Swayman's well paid, very experienced agent knew arbitration was their best path forward because the Bs were coming in too low.
If WE DON’T KNOW why are you so fired up to prove that the Bruins management team are evil incarnate?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
No. I think Gross obviously misplayed his hand or else he wouldn’t have put his client in position to get butthurt in arbitration.
I think Sweeney obviously misplayed his hand or else he wouldn't have dealt a Vezina winner for a cap dump and a late 1st and put himself in position to piss off one of the top 2 assets on the team.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think Sweeney obviously misplayed his hand or else he wouldn't have dealt a Vezina winner for a cap dump and a late 1st and put himself in position to piss off one of the top 2 assets on the team.
Right. Should have elected the two year arb award then he could have kept Ullmark, right?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Negotiate? Why didn’t he file for arb this year?
Because the Bruins would have chosen one year? Is this a serious question? Why didn't the Bruins? Oh I know, because he would have chosen 2 and left after.

I mean they lost to a team that went to the finals the past two years, winning once. Sucks but you have to give more credit to Florida than shit on Boston for not making it past the first round that year. After putting up a 65 win season.

Anyway this is a Swayman thread.
Didn't they have a 3-1 series lead or was that a fever dream?

Reactions: EverettMike

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
It clearly caused a lasting issue, sure. But that issue was self inflicted by Swayman and the guy taking a percentage of his salary to give Swayman good representation. The fact that the Bruins took mercy on him and only asked for one season is pretty much completely ignored. Maybe they are pound foolish, but put on blinders when Swayman's pants were down.
They did that because they weren't idiots. Choose two years then and it's a given he plays out his final season after and leaves. You really think they did it for his good?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So you're response is that they didn't negotiate before? That him and his agent had no idea what the Bruins were offering?
As for this year, he didn't file because he obviously wants to cash in big time for a long time and that wouldn't be possible with arbitration.
I will forever not give a single f***ing shit about having the best regular season ever, especially when they chased it in game 82 where Bergeron got f***ing hurt.
Kind of missing the point, aren't you?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
This is funny. Even though you know your employers are going to submarine you, you can still say **** them. It really affected Swayman's game play that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad